Becoming a slimmer Miller

I had a maintain this week. Not complaining too much. I did eat that whole pack of biscuits and people brought cake in to work on Friday (day before weigh in). So being good for the rest of the week must have countered the badness!

Going out for tea tonight for a friend's birthday but don't like anything on the menu - it's all american food and fried and I just know I'll end up with indigestion (had it for the first time at Xmas and it's a horrible feeling!). I would do anything to not go. Still, it's just started snowing so maybe the snow gods will be on my side...

Going to plan my meals for the week tomorrow morning (or tonight depending what time we get back in) so that I can start Sunday off well and then continue through the rest of the week. I want to get into the stones below. 2.5lb will get me into the 14 stone category!! (then only another 4 stone to go, but let's do a lb at a time for now...) Getting into the next stone below would give me motivation for another good week because I won't want to risk seeing 15 something again. Never again do I want to see it and I'm planning on getting into the 14s as soon as possible. Either way even though I maintained this week I am feeling nicely motivated for the week ahead. x

Congrats on the maintain! Did you manage to get out of the american food restaurant? If so, yay for snow gods. If not, hope you had a nice time haha. You've definitely got the right attitude towards the upcoming week. It'll be a good one! x

Got my half stone award this morning. Missed out on new numbers as I only lost half a lb. It's still a loss but given how good I have been I was hoping for much more. Never mind - I'm one step closer to new numbers which I am fully determined to get next Saturday hopefully. It's still been a good week and I got a loss so it's going in the right direction. Here is to another good week. I'm going to try to start posting some photos of my meals (as and when I remember!).

Well done mate great result. Those numbers are on their way to you next week.
Know what you mean about the photos Im eating it before I remember to take pic. X

Congrats on your half stone award! A loss is still a loss and it's the big picture that will make the difference. Looking forward to seeing some foodie pics! x

Has anyone tried curly kale done as chinese crispy seaweed? IT IS AMAZING!!!

This is what I'm going to snack on this week when I'm out of syns. Get some curly kale, remove any chunky stem bits, and arrange on a baking tray. Spray lightly with frylight and sprinkle over a SMALL amount of sweetener, then add some salt. Put it the oven at a highish temperature. KEEP YOUR EYE ON IT - it goes from not done to cremated in about a minute as I found out a moment ago (one cremated lot is in the bin and a new batch is in the oven). It is seriously gorgeous! I put this lot in the oven for 4 1/2 minutes at 200*C. I'd check it from 3 1/2 minutes just to be on the safe side.

2016_01_24_14_07_02.jpg

Last edited:
A rough food plan for the week:

Brief outline of my meals for this week - I'll decide on extra syns each day but they will probably be hifi light bars (3 syns each), special k chewy delight bars (4.5 syns each) or a bag of tyrrells sweet and salty poshcorn (3 syns)

Breakfasts
Either oaty breakfast muffins, apple and greek style muller light (1/2 syn),
or special k chewy delight bar, x2 apples and greek style muller light (1/2 syn)

Lunches
Homemade vegetable soup (apart from one day which will be left over stir fry)

Dinners:
Mon: Sausage and bacon risotto with onion and peppers and chopped tomatoes
Tue: Salmon fillet with sweet chilli sauce (3 syns for 2 tbsp) and spinach
Wed: Chicken in oyster sauce stir fry with rice noodles
Thu: Peri Peri chicken fajita style wrap with a mixture of normal chips and sweet potato chips
Fri: Slimming world ready meal from Iceland

Ooh fajitas sound yum. Do you use the BFree wraps? I've not tried them but might get some next week! Also, how do you make your oaty muffins? x

I've bought the bfree wraps yes. Not done them before. The oaty muffins are a great breakfast to take to work! 35g oats for B choice, 2 eggs, 2tbsp sweetener and 1tbsp vanilla essence. Whisk it all together and put into silicone cake cases (they stick to paper ones) cook on highish until they have risen and started to brown and a knife comes out clean. Leave them to cool and then eat them. I like them with raspberries on the side (if you put them in then you're cooking them and they become syns).

Just done my version of sausage risotto and it was wonderful!!!!!!

Risotto (arborio) rice
1 litre boiling water
1 beef oxo cube
3 tbsp tomato purée
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp schwartz spicy italian seasoning
1/4 tsp cajun seasoning
chopped up pepper
chopped onion
chopped mushroom
10 Heck chicken italia sausages (1/2 syn each)
10 unsmoked bacon medallions

Fry off the sausages and bacon and set aside. When cooled, use a pair of scissors and cut bacon into strips. Lob all the remaining ingredients together into a pan or wok and cook on low until the rice is cooked. Stir in the sausages and bacon and enjoy.

Serves 4 people and only 2.5 syns per serving (for the sausages).

2016_01_25_18_54_17.jpg

So far today I have eaten:

Breakfast

1 Special K chewy delight bar (B)
Apple
Muller light greek style lemon yoghurt (1/2 syn)

Lunch
Homemade vegetable soup

Dinner
Risotto as above (2 1/2 syns)

Snacks
Treat size crunchy (4 1/2 syns)
Chomp (5 1/2 syns)

Total syns for the day = 13

Today has been a weird one cos my mum's had a cataract operation so my meals weren't quite as I had planned as I ended up having lunch at her house after picking her up but stayed within my 15 syns (just!). She had those heck sausages in so had them again! As nice as they are I need a break from them for a bit now - you can have too much of a good thing!

Breakfast
4 breakfast oaty muffins (B) (pic only shows 3 cos I scoffed one before taking the picture)
Muller light greek style yoghurt (1/2 syn)

Lunch
90g wholemeal roll (9 syns)
3 heck chicken italia sausages (1.5 syns)
1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn)

Dinner
Salmon fillet with 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (3 syns)
Wilted spinach with schwartz spicy italian seasoning

Exactly 15 syns today.

2016_01_26_07_56_57.jpg

2016_01_26_20_32_39.jpg

They look amazing! Definitely trying the muffins tomorrow. The salmon and spinach looks lovely too! x

This was my dinner. It wasn't something that I'm gonna do again. The BFree wrap was quite nice. The Nando's marinade was completely tasteless and bland and I wasted 2 syns on it. Oh well, we live and learn.

For brekkie I had a Muller greek yoghurt (1/2 syn) and a special k chewy delight bar (4.5 syns). Lunch was left over stir fry from last night which was free and full of speed food, and tonight I had the wrap below; chicken, nando's marinade (2 syns for 4 tbsp) onion and pepper, bfree wrap served with a mix of normal chips and sweet potato chips.

Lunch was the nicest meal today.

7 syns today.

My scales at home aren't budging at all. They say the same as last Saturday. Really want them to drop cos I want my new numbers. Doubt they'll drop by 2lb in time for Saturday morning though. Oh well, I've been good and stayed within my syns so I just have to persevere.

2016_01_28_19_04_00.jpg

I've gone off the rails today. And the day before weigh in too. Had a chewy delight bar and yoghurt and apple for breakfast. Then a doughnut mid morning (cakes came round work) and then I dropped my soup so had to go to the school canteen so had 2 cheese toasties (white bread) and then there were leftover cakes so I accidentally scoffed another doughnut. I've got soup in the freezer though so I'm having that for tea. I'm not going to stuff up the rest of my day due to doughnuts and toasties.

Ah it won't make that much difference in the grand scheme of things. Life happens! Sounds like you're back on it which is the main thing. :) x

Back