beef goulash

Tinkerbell1987

i love minimins me :)
Hey guys :D

I want to make beef goulash for dinner tonight for when H2B gets in, but i have left my magazine in his car :cry:would any of u lovely people be able to tell me how to make it, i went shoppin for all the ingrediants i jus dunno how to make it hahha

love yas lots xxx

2 large onions
4 large carrots
2 garlic cloves
2lb/908g lean beef fillet
3 red peppers
A small handful of fresh parsley
Fry Light
1 bay leaf
2 tsp paprika
400g can chopped tomatoes
14fl oz/397ml stock made with beef bovril
Salt & freshly ground black pepper

1. Peel and thickly slice the onions. Peel and slice the carrots. Peel and crush the garlic. Cut the beef into bite sized pieces. Dessed and chop the peppers. Chop the parsley.

2. Spray a pan with Fry Light. Cook the onoins for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Add the carrots, garlic and bay leaf and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.

3. Add the beef, peppers and paprika and stir fry for 6-8 minutes. next, add the tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil. Season well and cover tightly. Reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, stirring occasionally.

Sprinkle over the parsley and serve in warmed bowls.

someone made this for our taster evening and have to say it was gorgeous ..i dont do red days much but will have this again mmmmmmmmmmm

Do you think you could make this in a slow cooker???

~Thanks Stacey will make it for sunday dinner tomorrow~

"Here's one I made earlier"

Pete’s Beef Stroganoff (2013)

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Pack Schwartz creamy mild peppercorn sauce (4.5 syn)
1 Knorr herb stockpot
1 Chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1tsp paprika
1tbsp Carrs sauce flour (3.5syn)
1tbsp Worcester sauce
2 Onions, finely chopped (s) (sff)
2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped (sff)
2tbsp Red wine vinegar
200g Mushrooms, quartered (s) (sff)
300mL Knorr dark beef stockpot+ water
300mL skimmed milk (<1Hea/4=<0.25 Hea)
300g Cooked rice (ff)
454g/1lb extra lean casserole steak (ff)
Cupful of frozen peas (ff)

Method

Place the beef in a freezer for 30-45 mins then remove & slice thinly, place in a frying pan & add the flour, coat all sides of the beef then on a high heat, brown the beef, remove & set aside.
Deglaze the pan by turning the heat up, add the vinegar and scrape the pan until the base is clean, reduce the heat & add the onion, chilli, garlic, herb stockpot, mushrooms & paprika, cook until the onions are soft.
Make up the peppercorn sauce with the milk, set aside.
Add the beef, Worcester sauce & beef stock & peppercorn sauce, season to taste, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 30 mins until the beef is cooked and the stock has thickened, or, pre-heat a slow cooker, add contents of the pan to the cooker, set to low and leave for several hours.
5 mins before serving add the peas.
Serve with the rice, cooked as per instructions on the packet.
Beef Stroganof (2014) (Small).JPG

Back