Beefeater or Toby carvery?????

I'd have to plump for the Beefeater.

I much prefer a carvery but I wouldn't be able to hold back on the roast potatoes as they are my favouritest food ever and ever :-D, whereas with a Beefeater it is easier to select a jacket potato or salad to go with my meal.

I'd do the carvery. All the meat, usually turkey, which is really low, loads and loads of veg to really fill up, a stuffing ball, and gravy. That's what I ahve, and what I had Wednesday night. Lovely!!!

Lynda

You'd have to syn the stuffing and gravy - bearing in mind you don't know how they've made it - eg gravy may have been made with the meat juices etc. Plus be careful with the veg as some do cauliflower cheese, honeyed carrots etc (don't know about Toby though).

Probably worth getting an idea about 'worse case scenarios' and flexi-synning so you are still on plan and don't have to worry too much xx

I went to a Beefeater on Tuesday, had sirloin steak (took the fatty bits off) jacket potato & side salad - had some bourbon sauce as syns too but without that it's all FREE!!!! And if you go before 6.30 on a week night there's a deal on where it cost about £8!
And it was delicious!!! XXX

Thanks ladies ended up go to the local pub where I had gammon, minus the fat, peas, jacket potato, without butter, and chargrilled fresh pineapple. All syn free, I think. If anyone can see any syns please let me know, I was wondering about the pineapple but it looked like they had placed it on a grill for a couple of seconds, not a trace of fat or oil????
Janet xx

Hiya

Not sure what others would say but i would think any difference to fresh pineapple would be so negligable (sp) that I wouldn't worry about syns.

Back