Beegee's Green Day Diary

Wednesday:

B: FF Yogurt, banana, melon, pineapple

L: Wild rice, mixed veg, beans, cheese (hexa). Orange. Mikado (1) - had the hazelnut ones for the first time (I'm usually a dark chocolate girl) they were really nice!

D: Oh the decadence here - Silly Sausage if you're reading I remembered your burgers and did the same. So - 2 rolls (2hexb), quorn burgers (1), crispy onions, cheese (hexa), salad, ketchup (2) AND SW chips. Just how yummy and naughty did that seem for 3 syns!
Skinny Dipper (3)

Last edited:
Thursday:

B: Ruby grapefruit, kiwis, satsuma, banana, ff yogurt

L: Speed soup, Krisp Rolls (hexb), satsumas, Shape yogurt

D: Tomatoey vegetabley pasta bake with cheese (hexa). Skinny Dipper (3)

This doesn't look like much written down but was loads!

I sts this week which is ok as I maintained last weeks loss.

Friday:

B: Frozen berries, banana, ff yogurt, Crunchy Bran (hexb)

L: Pasta 'n' Sauce with added corn, spinach, green beans, mushroom. Cheese (hexa). FF yogurt, satsumas, plum

Snack: Bombay mix (3)

D: Bean and meat free mince chilli & rice, cheese (hexb). Dipper (3)

Saturday:

B: Ruby Grapefruit, plums, ff yogurt

L: Wild rice, beans, veg, cheese (hexa). mikado (1), satsumas

Snack: Toast (hexb), honey & peanut butter (2)

D: Wine (12), Chinese takeaway (24), ice cream (5)

I have a family barbecue later so will have a bit of an unusual sunday. However, I'm on 73 syns for the week at the moment so have a little bit of lee-way. Not sure about a bbq in this weather, but there you go!

Sunday:

B: Melon, banana, kiwi, plums, ff yogurt

L: Quorn burger, sausage, steak, potatoes, corn on cob, salad and haloumi (ooh, lovely squeaky cheese! It's not a hexa or hexb as far as I know but I'm going to count it as one today anyway. How different can it be from other cheese?! So, I'm tweaking). Strawberries, cherries. I'm going to count 10 syns for a bit of butter on the potatoes and corn, a few squirts of bbq ketchup and two spoons of pudding.

D: Chickpea dahl & rice. Shape yogurt. Highlights (2), fibre plus (hexb)

I've had a total of 85 syns this week which is ok. Here's to another week!

Thank you!! I just saw it on your other thread and was made up! What a great discovery, turns out I'm not a tweaker after all :D

Week 66 - Monday:

B: Weetabix (hexb), milk (half hexa), banana, strawberries, blueberries

Snack: quorn deli slices

L: left over bbq bits - halloumi (half hexb - yay!), quorn sausage & steak, salad, jacket potato, beans. Shape yogurt. Cherries, plums, blueberries.

Snack: bombay mix (3)

D: Quorn steak, roast potatoes and parsnips, carrots, brocolli, cabbage, sweetcorn, gravy (2).
Milk (hexa), Alpen bar (half hexb)

Tuesday:

B: Branflakes (hexb), ff yogurt, melon, banana, satsuma

L: Quorn sausages (old ones), jacket potato, beans, salad leaves. Melon, plums, satsumas.

Snack: Malted Milk biscuit (2) (goodness I love these, in days gone by I would have done half a packet easily. I was tempted but walked away after 1 - most proud!). Mugshot. Cherries - what is it with cherries, I'm not even that fond of them, the stones annoy me and they don't even taste of that much but I keep buying punnets and eating them. I managed not to eat the whole lot in one go this time but they seem to be very more-ish.

D: Quorn and veg stir fry, blue dragon szechuan tomato sauce (3), rice.
Milk (hexa), Fibre Plus (hexb)

Oh another big Haloumi fan here too :) This is exceptionally good news on the HB front !!!

Hope your week is going well :)

My week is going very typically in that I'm sticking to plan and not losing anything! Yet another week sts despite wild upward fluctuations earlier on in the week. I'm coming to the rather sad conclusion that this diet isn't working for me anymore. Boo. As I see it at the moment I've got 3 options:

1. Stop having such a syn-fest on a friday or saturday and see if that helps

2. Start counting calories. Surely if I was eating less I would be losing. I don't think I'm excessive but clearly I need to be putting less in. The equation is simple.

3. Do some exercise.

I don't like any of the options!! Guess I need to decide whether it is more important to me to make some more sacrifices or to stay where I am. I might start with looking at calories and go from there.

I've worked out my BMR is 2,156 to maintain and even though I don't think I'm having that many calories a day I need to be having 500 less a day to lose weight. So, I need to have 1600/1700 ish.

I'm a bit annoyed that I've had to start thinking like this really :(. Although I've come a long way the plan should still work with a couple of stone still to lose. I'm not going to stop doing it, but I think I need to put a bit more effort in and look at it with new eyes!

hi hun well done on ur losses so far s/w has obviously worked for you so perhaps u need to go back to basics and do what you done when u first started i think we can get a bit lapse and start guessing syns and the weight of the h/e's etc i have been there i have changed to counting cals etc thinking i will magically start losing again but i know in my heart i haven't followed s/w 100% and was still expecting it to work. good luck :)

Hi Valerie, thanks for your kind words and dropping by!

Unfortunately I know in my heart that I have been following it properly - I wish it was that 'simple' a fix! I always weigh and measure everything (my digital scales are like an extension of me!) and I know I'm not cheating - mainly because I really don't want to! Ever since I started I've not seen the point of being any other way as I'm only kidding myself. It took a long time for the mindset to click and get me onto SW but thankfully I'm still in the right place to stick with the plan.

I think you're right that a back to basics approach may help though and I will be re-reading the books over the weekend and looking for alternative hex's or different free foods. I may also look up Success Express or red days in case my carbs need limiting. Either way, I think a bit of revision is on the cards!

Oh Beegee you sound like you are feeling more like sticking with SW now. I was starting to feel like I was the first domino creating a landslide of people about to fall off plan (only kidding!). I hope you are feeling more with it this evening.

For me calorie counting wouldnt work as I'd feel obsessed with counting everything, but saying that different things suit different people. How would you feel about combining a little of option 1 and 3 ? A bit more exercise and few less syns ? That may be a less severe approach to take on rather than going mad with lowering syns or doing alot more exercise.

Maybe the key could be to think of exercise that you really would enjoy. Possibly something you used to enjoy years ago that you could start again, something that you could do with friends. Or even getting stuck into the garden or sprucing up your home...... I dont know I'm trying to think outside the box a bit, I'm keen to start painting our kitchen and I know that'll be something to keep me entertained and could burn a few extra calories! Do you watch much TV, how about having a challenge to not watch TV for a week and do otherthings instead ?

As for the syns, I think I suffer with the same weekly splurge. The only difference is I very often cant pull it back. If you want to try limiting the splurge that may help. I think two consultants I've had advice from were wanting me to have a more regular (10 or 15) amount each day rather than having a splurge. BUT, again different things work for different people.

My only other advice would be variety! A healthy extra challenge (how may different ones could you have in a week ?) and a super speed challenge ?

Oh one more thing, take a look through your diary threads and make some lists of foods that you've really enjoyed and your favourite meals :) :) :)

Beegee - good advice there from Gobolino :) Here is my tuppence worth...

Stick at it! When my pal Blue Smartie hit a plateau, she mixed things up a bit, soldiered on and started losing again. Varying your healthy extras is a good start. On green there are so many!

Try a more substantial breakfast to start your metabolism firing. It will benefit you all day. (I couldn't survive on your breakfasts I'm afraid.)

Give Success Express a go. You eat loads of superfrees anyway and lots of healthy extras so it would not be a drastic change for you. On SE you would only have SF for snacks. The other day you had a mugshot as a snack (nearly as many calories as a mars bar). Little changes like that might shake things up a bit.

I agree with Gobolino about exercise. There must be something you would enjoy. Get your thinking head on. Apart from toning, any activity will raise your resting metabolic rate so that you burn more doing nothing!

Tomorrow is another day :D

Thanks ladies, you're both great. Sorry not to have been around to answer you this weekend. Here goes ..!

Gobolino - totally agree that the intricacies of weighing everything for calorie counting would be a great big pain in the bum. I guess I was just thinking of working out my basics and getting a rough idea.

I think an option 1 & 3 combo may be the way to go. I might try and do the 30 day shred every other day and manage my syns a bit better. I thought I had to do the 'shred' every day but my fitness fanatic sister says that every other day would be just fine! I think I got put off that last time because after 4 days straight I couldn't move.

SS - I am sooo surprised about your breakfast comment, I guess you don't have the benefit of seeing my humungous bowl of a morning! I'm talking today -quarter of a honeydew melon, 1 banana, 8 giant strawberries, a hexb and a third of a big pot of yogurt. Usually keeps me going for 5 hours.

Totally agree about the mugshot by the way. I rarely have them and only when I know that fruit won't cut it as a snack! This is sort of what I'm talking about when I'm thinking of considering calories more. A mugshot is on plan but not a great choice (frankly I'd rather have the mars bar :D)

So far, having done some revision I've concluded that I'd probably die of starvation if I tried red. The hexb portions are so weeny I just wouldn't be able to stick to it.

Success Express is still an option though.

I've been sorting through our loft this weekend and came across a load of old SW recipes and meal plans from ancient magazines from last time I went to class (2001!). Obviously I'd have to double check things re syns / free food but I've brought them all down and will have a look through this evening for some inspiration.

Thanks again girls. It's always good to have a different perspective. Don't worry though, quitting is not an option! I was a bit 'oh b*gger it' yesterday but still couldn't bring myself to be totally naughty. I'm in this for the win!

I still think that fruit and yoghurt is a light breakfast lol :pillowfight:

I agree about red days being unsuitable. It would be just a green day without carbs and the good healthy extras. How annoying! Be sure to share any good recipes you find in your old books :eat:

Oh I love getting old recipe books out :) Well any recipe books for that matter !!!

'In for the win' - I like that kind of talking Beegee :) Have a great week.

Week 67, here we go:

B: Beans on toast (hexb) with 'fried' mushrooms. Thanks Sausage for the reminder. This was good and just about kept me full up til lunch (but not as much as my 'fruit and yogurt' :giggle:)

L: Jacket potato, cottage cheese, pickled onions, salad. Big fruit bowl with melon, strawberries, apricots and grapes.

Snacks: 2 quorn deli slices, ff yogurt (not together)

D: Tomato & veg pasta bake, cheese (hexa). Cherry Garcia (3)
Options hazlenut (2) - never had these before, it was really nice and went well with a toffee Oaty bar (hexb)

Today feels like a very good diet day. I think it's the copious amounts of fruit and veg and cottage cheese that's making me feel very pure. Great. Job done!

Tuesday:

B: FF Yogurt, banana, strawberries, grapes, plums

L: Jacket & beans, salad. Raspberries

Snack: Mugshot (oh god, 2 in a week, please don't be reading this Sausage ... In my defence, I've been out today and lunch was less than usual and I had sooo much fruit at breakfast the thought of any more was not good)

D: Quorn and veg stirfry with noodles (made my own sauce and used noodles not rice to reduce the calories - trying to undo the mugshot damage).
Milk (hexa) & Oaty Bar (hexb)

Back