Beegee's Green Day Diary

Well, it was ok. Soup making isn't really my forte but I've had it for lunch the last 2 days in a bid to save myself from yet another gain although it seems like a bit of a lost cause at the moment. Got another dish of it tomorrow then I need to make some more. The whole soup experience did make me think that WW wouldn't be so bad because I can make soup and then have a couple of those petit pain things with it which would be lovely and it's a fairly low point lunch. I also made SW pizza with a WW wrap this evening which wouldn't be too many points - the potato wedges would bump it up a bit though!

I've been 100% all week so far, nothing particularly noteworthy in my diary though - the soup is as exciting as it gets!

If you did simply filling the petit pans are free and same with the wrap - would just point the cheese on the pizza! :) just info incase you are interested! Oh and if you made potato wedges with frylight or oil from your daily allowance then yup free again! :) x

Beegee said:
I'm very interested - you're doing a darn good job of convincing me icklerockchick!

Hehe not trying to drag everyone to the dark side with me just that if you do fancy it you need such info ;-) ww wraps, bagels, petit pains, bread, crumpets, pittas all freeee! Though I will need to calm down on the bread based items it's just very exciting the first week lol! X

Beegee said:
Stop it!! Seriously - I couldn't be waivering more here ...

Don't do it!! Stay with SW lol

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well, the soup helped a bit as I managed to get last weeks 300g gain off again. Better than another gain so all good! Yesterday's food was:

B: Fruit salad and yogurt

L: Savoury rice and veg, cheese (hexa). Yogurt (0.5)

Snack: Roll (hexb), spread (1.5), Mikado (1)

D: Sausages, mash, veg and gravy (1.5)

Fibre Plus (hexb)

Yay for soup! :) I need to make soup more often do cheap, easy and tasty! X

oh be a devil beegee come over to the dark side hee hee x well done on ur loss that was a good result. i have to say i love the ww petit pains its like ur having something naughty when ur not ;) hope you have a lovely weekend xx

Oh well done on your loss Beegee :) :) :) Mmmmmm sausage, veg and mash and gravy - one of my favourites !!!

(PS I'm saying nothing about the dark side, apart from I'm loving it! Come and join the party!)

D'you know what girls, I'm going to. I spent 2 hours yesterday doing a weeks meal planner for Filling and Healthy and I'm starting on monday. I've kept my meals as similar as possible to SW so that I still feel as though I'm on a plan rather than over-loading on yummy bread stuff and going slightly beserk. That said, I'm off to Sainsbury's in a minute to stock up on bread and tinned fruit and it's EXCIIIITIIING!!!

Beegee said:
D'you know what girls, I'm going to. I spent 2 hours yesterday doing a weeks meal planner for Filling and Healthy and I'm starting on monday. I've kept my meals as similar as possible to SW so that I still feel as though I'm on a plan rather than over-loading on yummy bread stuff and going slightly beserk. That said, I'm off to Sainsbury's in a minute to stock up on bread and tinned fruit and it's EXCIIIITIIING!!!

Woohoo EXCITING! Welcome to the dark side ;-) as you say simply filling is really pretty similar to sw anyway but with a bit more freedom with regards to bread product varieties! :-D interested in seeing what you will be eating and how you get on! X

Beegee said:

Have you left me luvvie?
Let me know how it works for you won't you?

I weekly plan every week - so I don't need to think about it every day & I can shop for it in one day.

Have a lovely weekend

Kx

Not leaving K, SW is my plan for life I'm just looking for a bit of a boost. As I failed so miserably at pro points I'm hoping this may be it. I'm only thinking of doing a week to start with and if I get on ok may do it every other week with SW.

On a separate note, I am CRUSHED having been to Sainsbury's and found no exciting WW bread products bar a standard loaf which I already have. Big boo!! I bought some comfort crumpets even tho I've got some in the freezer and some basics tins of fruit which work out much cheaper than fresh so not all bad. Also got some more soup ingredients.

Anyway, I'm staying over at my sisters tonight and there will be lots of wine and curry involved which won't be pretty. I've been good all week in preparation but I'll still be looking for a Filling and Healthy miracle next week I think! Happy weekend all x

Beegee said:
Not leaving K, SW is my plan for life I'm just looking for a bit of a boost. As I failed so miserably at pro points I'm hoping this may be it. I'm only thinking of doing a week to start with and if I get on ok may do it every other week with SW.

On a separate note, I am CRUSHED having been to Sainsbury's and found no exciting WW bread products bar a standard loaf which I already have. Big boo!! I bought some comfort crumpets even tho I've got some in the freezer and some basics tins of fruit which work out much cheaper than fresh so not all bad. Also got some more soup ingredients.

Anyway, I'm staying over at my sisters tonight and there will be lots of wine and curry involved which won't be pretty. I've been good all week in preparation but I'll still be looking for a Filling and Healthy miracle next week I think! Happy weekend all x

Hi beegee its worth a try i do love the fact that i can eat tinned fruit on ww but on a downside have to count mullerlights (well are meant to hee hee) the only place i have seen ww petit pains, wraps and bagels is asda they always have a good supply, haven't seen them in tesco and don't shop in morrisons my local sainsburies never have them, i quite often get them from poundland. I use a wrap to make a veggie pizza nom nom
It is very similar to sw can easily use same recipes, hope u manage to get the petit pains i love them i buy ww cheese slices (1pp each) when they r on offer have them warm with the cheese & loads of onion really feels like im being soooo naughty ha ha , don't forget u get 49 weeklies to use as well. Good luck love val xxx

Woo hoo :) I'm glad you're giving it a go!!! I love the fact that after my tea I could have tinned peaches or something after tea (its so easy and needs no prep but is slightly more exciting than fresh fruit for a change). Enjoy the planning stages, but more importantly hope you enjoy eating slightly different stuff :) Mmmmmm exciting stuff. Have to say I didnt think I'd like propoints but I do :)

It's coming to something when we think a tinned peach is exciting isn't it!! I'm with you though, having cracked open a tin of them this morning for breakfast. Yes, I'm doing Healthy and Filling now and not feeling like quitting yet which is an improvement from when I was on points :D. So far I've had:

B: Shredded Wheat, skimmed milk (not measured!) with tinned fruit

Snack: don't think I really needed this but made a crumpet with some marmite on it just for the hell of it because I can. See, bad habits already!!

L: Jacket potato, beans & sweetcorn. Mango. Coffee (unmeasured milk!) but missed my little Mikado stick which I tend to have on SW. Not a bad habit to try and break though.

D: Will be quorn pieces in tomato sauce with roast potatoes and veg

I'm anticipating another sneaky crumpet at some point too. Do you think everyone does this for the first week while the novelty wears off?!

I'm trying to save my weeklies for the weekend but will probably spend around 3 a day either for some cheese or something a bit treaty to keep me sane.

Val - thanks for the shopping tips, I tend to go to Asda quite a lot so will have a look next time I'm in. I do have a bag of the petit pains at the mo as I picked them up in the Poundland near my parents a couple of weeks ago. Am hoping to do soup tomorrow so will have a couple then.

So far so good girls, it'll be interesting to see how things go. My SW membership is up for renewal this week and I don't think I'll renew again, still not totally sure as I'm not sure if paying for that helps keep me on the straight and narrow ... have until wednesday to decide.

So true about the crumpets and tinned fruit! I was a bit in love with crumpets last week and got pretty excited yesterday about cracking open a tin of fruit cocktail lol how sad!

Bit of a dangerous one but I discovered as well as normal crumpets, scotch crumpets are free too! Eek that's free yummy thin PANCAKES basically! Must NOT go crazy with them or will be losing no weight at all.

Tbh I got online membership only because there was a cashback deal on but I don't feel like I really need it! With simply filling most of the food is from the free list anyway so you only really need it to point your treats and extras. I tend to use the same ones most of the time so know them, and anything else I can use the calculator for or search online. If you need any help checking anything just ask! :) x

Day one, looking good :) I was enjoying bagels and shreddies my first week on ww (although that was on core where shreddies were free too!) :)

Blimey, I've had 3 crumpets today. Only used 7g of jam though. Apparantly 18g = 1pp so does that mean I don't even have to count it?! I've also had a little cake bar thing for 2pp. So, day 1 complete and I'm happy to do the same again tomorrow. I'm not entirely sure how I'll lose weight on this, but I've seen enough inane posts in the SW forum called things like 'does this really work?' to know that I need to trust the plan and hope for the best! Here's to day 2!

Back