Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Morning K,

I totally get your reasons for not abandoning Lyra (the cat was there for you when you really needed him, not it's your turn). The good thing about a cat -- is if he's small enough you might be able to take him as a carry on when you move back.

Your "step down" plan is very sane. Keep drinking your water and I hope the meds work.

We were talking about that....how to get him back with us. We are very torn because we've had some ladies in the local NE expat group im in tell us HORROR stories about shipping their cats through the airlines. I think only one woman was allowed to take the cat as carry on and that was over 10 years ago. :/ The rest of them all had to put their cats in the hold, regardless of the fact it was all different airlines. Apparently, Virgin is the best with animals but on their website it says they only carry animals to certain destinations and vegas isnt one of the (the closest is LA...what a faff!) so Im going to ring them up and ASK a person for a specific answer. lol. Then again, its gonna be hectic enough with the girls who will be around about 2 and 4.5 years old. And to manage them, our carry on luggage AND lyra in a crate big enough for him....even if it is allowed, im not sure how that will work. Or do they let you carry him on and then take him and put him in the hold? Is he actually in the cabin? wouldnt his incessant meowing drive everyone nuts? it will drive me nuts. LOL. So on one hand we think that would be easiest and best...to take him as carry on. The other hand...maybe its best to send him with a pet courier?! Haha. Im so tired of having to make huge decisions. LOL

I just had 2 eggs and a few swede chips. I shouldnt ahve. i said i was going to stick to packs. But I didnt. Because - I dont know why...really. I just decided while I was in the shower that i wanted eggs and swede and would drop a pack instead. So we shall see. im stuffed right now. And I have to tidy up and get the laundry sorted. I want to get the hoover out and give the floors a once over, too. At least the dishes are done now and Ive had my shower. I will give Tabs a bath before lunch. :)

Haha. see, a niiice relaxing day. :/

Hi K,

I've come across this a lot -- with the US military community. I'll get you the information sheets on shipping back your pet. The biggest issue you'll run across is time of year - temperature. There are certain times of the year when it's too hot that your pet can't be shipped. The cargo holds aren't climate controlled either.

Having your pet travel without you is very expensive. The least expensive way is to have him fly your same flight. And, if I was bringing back a pet -- I'd fly into in the nearest airport with a direct flight and pick up my pet, water, feed, tend, etc. It. I would probably have a "pet friendly" hotel room booked -- so, my pet could distress. Then I'd have a rental car booked and drive from there to my destination. The change of planes seems to be where the worst things happen to pets.

There are some amazing pet care services that will handle the paperwork, kennel your pet overnight, check your pet in for your flight, etc. my friends took their two Labs back. They did an overnight hotel stay before their early flight. The dogs were dropped by the airport shuttle -- the dropped the mom and girls at the hotel with the bags. Took the dad and dogs to the kennel. Then took the dad back to the hotel. The family got confirmation from the airline at check in that the digs were there, had been watered, drugged (tranquilizers prescribed by the vet) and were crated to be loaded. They flew into Chicago, picked up a rental car and the dogs - spent one time with them and then checked them into a kennel. Then they stayed the night, got the dogs and drove to St Louis - where they had friends that would keep the dogs until they settled into their new home.

You have time to sort this -- but I'll get the info to post to you. I need to go over it again anyway -- as we have our little dog.

Our problem is that we dont drive. Neither of us. We will have to learn and get a car when we move back but ...yeah. so that sorta makes things a bit difficult. we;d have to fly into LA and then fly to vegas...and its just...too much. Its gonna cost about £500 ish to send him with a pet courier. Although expensive, I think its going to be the way to go for us. Its a door-to-door thing. One poor girl who just moved here about 4 months ago....she had arranged for her cat to be on her flight and he ended up NOT. They do have specific holds for pets that are climate controlled - which is where he was supposed to be. But he wasnt. And he arrived into london 4 hours after she did. She still had to get up to Newcastle (she lives in Durham) and her travel plans after that were snookered. Unfortunately, you cant fly direct to anywhere in the USA from newcastle. So we will have to fly from here, to london and then london over. And there is so much room for error there. Its just a matter of polling the girls in the group and asking which ones used pet couriers and how they rated them...get their stories and then choosing who to go with. We arent really shipping much "stuff" over with us...so the cost is going to be minimal, in that respect. Its all such a big ol' hassle. lol

Our problem is that we dont drive. Neither of us. We will have to learn and get a car when we move back but ...yeah. so that sorta makes things a bit difficult. we;d have to fly into LA and then fly to vegas...and its just...too much. Its gonna cost about £500 ish to send him with a pet courier. Although expensive, I think its going to be the way to go for us. Its a door-to-door thing. One poor girl who just moved here about 4 months ago....she had arranged for her cat to be on her flight and he ended up NOT. They do have specific holds for pets that are climate controlled - which is where he was supposed to be. But he wasnt. And he arrived into london 4 hours after she did. She still had to get up to Newcastle (she lives in Durham) and her travel plans after that were snookered. Unfortunately, you cant fly direct to anywhere in the USA from newcastle. So we will have to fly from here, to london and then london over. And there is so much room for error there. Its just a matter of polling the girls in the group and asking which ones used pet couriers and how they rated them...get their stories and then choosing who to go with. We arent really shipping much "stuff" over with us...so the cost is going to be minimal, in that respect. Its all such a big ol' hassle. lol

It sounds like you have it sussed!

Are you sure you're American? ;)
I can't think of anyone (off hand) that grew up in the US and doesn't drive.
I learned (officially) to drive in high school Drivers' Ed. I've been driving since I was 15 -- I got my license on my 16th birthday.

Seriously, I'm trying to think on one adult that grew up in the US that I know that can't drive at least an automatic. But, then I'll bet people who grew up in a bog city with decent mass transit might not bother to learn.

How old were you when you moved to England?

I have an American friend who married a Brit 9 years ago and hasn't driven since she moved here. She even let her American license lapse. I keep nagging her to "learn" to drive here. She just doesn't seem to think its worth the money. It drives me crazy that she is so dependent on her husband. There isn't good transport here and she lives in a small rural village.

Porridge pancakes and a cup of coffee for lunch. Im stuffed. :) So far so good today. I have 3 days to lose 6lbs to meet my mini goal. haha. possible, but unlikely. Still...gotta keep focused. :)

It's take me a month (I get to lose that!). I hate how slow I lose and how easily I gain. :(

Yep. Definitely american. I kinda missed out on drivers ed because that was the year we had the quake. Then
We moved to vegas and they had already done it the previous semester so i never did. It always terrified me though. My mom tried to teach me and she kept smacking my hands on the wheel etc. Then i had an instructor but i wasnt comfortable around him. So only did 3 lessons before quitting. Lol when i lived with my mom...we went everywhere together and when i moved out i just walked or used the bus or sometimes a friend would give me a lift. Mostly i just got around on my own. But now that we have kids we have to get that sorted. So its one of the 1st things we have to get done when we get back. My 2nd cousin Beth didnt learn to drive until she was my age and had kids. It terrified her too. Lol but she got over it.

If we're still living here when DD turns 16 -- I'll have her do off road driving lessons. She'll get her provisional three months before her 17th -- and if she's ready we could book her theory and driving tests for her 17th birthday. She can't wait to drive.

I had to bully my son into getting his lesson -- he learned in the States and can only drive an automatic. My dad was hardcore -- we all had to learn to drive a stick and parallel park his Caddy!

Morning!

Bleh. I woke up at 4.30 needing to pee. Now I cant get back to sleep! Crappy

Little food, lots of water -- does that to you. I woke up with a headache very early. :(

Todays food will be 4 shakes, 1 chilli pack, 1egg -775 cals/65carbs :D

Food sounds very "by the book".

Morning.

I had a lovely little woosh this morning.....3lbs off over night. 233lbs. Im still gunning for 230 by WI. lol. Unlikely but Im still trying. :D

So Im having my shakes today. Ive had a cup of coffee and 1L of water so far and I have to head out to run some errands.

Shake one when I get back. not sure if i want lemon meriengue (I cant spell that word. lol) or mango. or wild berry buzz! haha. Oh, decisions, decisions! anyway. yay. :)

Morning.

I had a lovely little woosh this morning.....3lbs off over night. 233lbs. Im still gunning for 230 by WI. lol. Unlikely but Im still trying. :D

So Im having my shakes today. Ive had a cup of coffee and 1L of water so far and I have to head out to run some errands.

Shake one when I get back. not sure if i want lemon meriengue (I cant spell that word. lol) or mango. or wild berry buzz! haha. Oh, decisions, decisions! anyway. yay. :)

Awesome shake flavors!

image-2352779745.jpg

:D

Ive just had my first pack of the day - went for wild berry buzz and its realllllly good. :D The problem with these, for me, is that they are absolutely not at all filling. at all. not even a little. haha. but. thats fine. ive had one. i still have 3 more and my dinner tonight. :D i think i will have one for lunch in an hour or so...and then one around 3:30...then dinner sometime between 5-6 and then my last one as a snack later on...around 7:30. :D Im focusing more on actually DOING this and getting through the day than trying to actually boost my losses for the week. The challenge lies more in the fact that I find shake days pretty tough. lol.

On the bus on this way home this morning, i had decided to skip doing shakes all day...and that i would have 1/2 portion of swede chips with a couple of drippy fried eggs on top, instead. But, luckily, i was able to talk myself out of that before i actually got home and into the kitchen to make snacks for the girls and my breakfast.

Pretty proud so far. :D Now....must not give in :D hahaha I AM having at least one hot meal tonight...so its not all bad! :D

:D

Ive just had my first pack of the day - went for wild berry buzz and its realllllly good. :D The problem with these, for me, is that they are absolutely not at all filling. at all. not even a little. haha. but. thats fine. ive had one. i still have 3 more and my dinner tonight. :D i think i will have one for lunch in an hour or so...and then one around 3:30...then dinner sometime between 5-6 and then my last one as a snack later on...around 7:30. :D Im focusing more on actually DOING this and getting through the day than trying to actually boost my losses for the week. The challenge lies more in the fact that I find shake days pretty tough. lol.

On the bus on this way home this morning, i had decided to skip doing shakes all day...and that i would have 1/2 portion of swede chips with a couple of drippy fried eggs on top, instead. But, luckily, i was able to talk myself out of that before i actually got home and into the kitchen to make snacks for the girls and my breakfast.

Pretty proud so far. :D Now....must not give in :D hahaha I AM having at least one hot meal tonight...so its not all bad! :D

Can you blend them with ice?

I blend mine with ice and a banana or some berries. It makes it thick and creamy. I'm not going for under 800 calories as studies repeatedly show that you lose the same on 800 as you do on under 600 because of how your metabolism is affected.

Those chips and eggs sound good -- Saturday Lunch! ;)

I blend mine with ice...but the carb content in fruit...bananas especially, is insane. lol. So I wont do that until i start having breakfast smoothies after ive gotten to goal. :D

Lunch time. Im pretty ravenous. lol. Oh well. Lemon or mango. hmmm...

I blend mine with ice...but the carb content in fruit...bananas especially, is insane. lol. So I wont do that until i start having breakfast smoothies after ive gotten to goal. :D

Lunch time. Im pretty ravenous. lol. Oh well. Lemon or mango. hmmm...

If you use an underripe banana -- the carb load and GI is greatly reduced but you do add fiber and nutrients.

Back