Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Morning!

Weekend - diet FAIL. And we over-spent on silly crap we didnt need (not food crap..just STUFF....for the girls, for the trip, for the house). So double fail! lol a weekend of total over-indulgence.

And since we have spent that, we've looked at the money situation and im pretty much knackered for next week's packs. No money! hahaha. BOOO!!! So Im going to finish the packs I have and then go to the cabbage soup diet (ish...vegetarian version) until we go away because its cheap. its healthy (ish). its something i can stick to for a week or so before we go. Its not anything that I would try to do long term...its not meant for that. No, i will go back to SnS when we get home (money permitting) to get the bulk of whatever I gain on holiday off....and see how I feel then. I may just switch to low carb and re-start my workouts.

Actually, now Ive thought of it...Im wondering if i shouldnt save my packs for when we DO get back and just do cabbage soup until we go. Im going to REALY want/need them then. I really want them now too but I was looking at my pics of fb of the last time i was home. The last time I was home was 2010 and I felt thinner, and i was thinner, than the time I had been home previous to that - in 2006. I felt great last time I was home and I was easily a stone heavier than I am now!!! So I think hubby is probably right. I WONT need a belt extender. And I am MUCH thinner than I was the last time i was home....and about 2 stone lighter than the last time my mother saw me. of course i dont want to gain anything before we go though...hence the cabbage soup.

Hahah. Just thinking out loud here.

Anyway. Im going to take today to decide which way to proceed starting tomorrow. Im not going to continue my hog-wild ways of the weekend (Sun/Mon) today...but I do need to think about what to do and which way to work it. lol. Hmm.

IN OTHER news...lol

We got the house tidy and clean enough that we werent embarrassed to have company. thats always a good feeling. lol. and my SILs visit was really nice. Tabby kept giving her kisses on the sly. it was so cute. and she was jumping around and showing off her skills as a prima ballerina and as a brave knight princess (yes, thats all one thing in tabbys world lol) and her art skills in the new colouring book that SIL brought her. It was sooo cutel SIL hasnt been to see them in the best part of a year and Tabby has come on sooo much in that time...SIL was surprised (pleasantly) and just loved it. They werent here long, but they spoilt BOTH the girls rotten. Only thing is, she keeps getting things for Tabby (clothes) in size 7/8 years (Tabs is 3!!! lol) and stuff for zoe in size 2/3 years!! She'll be 1 on saturday! haha Im going to have to tell her to get some glasses or contacts!! lol Bless her. She's probably the ONLY one that makes ANY effort to see the girls and does it because she WANTS to and because she has a genuine interest in them. It was nice, anyway. :) MIL apparently ....well. I dunno. that situation seems to be still very confusing to all involved, no one can get a straight answer from the doctors and nurses and its just a mess. We were told that they thought she'd be home by the coming weekend....but not..maybe not. Who knows!?

Anyway. Im going to go and try to figure out a plan of action for the next 13 days.

Last edited:
oh Bee it's so hard when you get so close to holiday and start panicking, I always mess up at these times. We're right behind you whatever you decide!! But I think just a couple weeks of low carbing would do it

I've never actually tried the cabbage soup diet which is amazing cos I've tried everything else!

SIL sounds lovely - when people are nice to our kids it just makes them so much more attractive to us doesn't it! My BIL couldn't give a hoot about our kids, SIL buys them pressies and things but doesn't take them out or anything. My sister and BIL are AMAZE my kids love them so much but they live 2 1/2 hours away :( but we're going there for Christmas YAAAYY!! My nephew will be 3, imagine his little face when Santa comes!! And my niece will be almost 2 aww. THey're coming to our on Bank Hol next week for bbq for son's 13th birthday - uh-oh Kevin the teenager!!. Sorry didn't mean to start rambling on your diary

If you're smaller than last time you went don't worry about the belt extender :)

Love spending money on stuff we don't need - LOVE SPENDING MONEY!! Just need more of it :( we've got our mortgage on interest only at the mo I don't know how we'll ever pay it back!! Hopefully we'll have a lotto win before then ;) it's bound to happen in the next 22 odd years isn't it?

Had a great day out in town with my girls in the sunshine yesterday. Decided to just make veggie and quorn soup today. Ive got a pot bubbling on the stove filled with quorn chicken pieces, cabbage, spinach, a few peas, carrots, celery and onion. put some stock on and some oregano and garlic and a tin of crushed tomatoes. So thats lunch and dinner sorted for the next few days. Will make a new pot on Sunday. breakfast will just be eggs and a sprinkling of cheese and an apple or some strawberries. its not THE cabbage soup diet..but its MY cabbage soup diet. lol

I tried on a summery dress in marksies yesterday....for a laugh i grabbed the 22 instead of the 26 I was.....bwahahah. Except, it fit. :O lol And actually I couldve dont with a 20. I tried on another style one as well and the 22 fit but I couldnt have gotten into a 20. So Im between a 20-22 i reckon. They both looked awful because I have fat legs! lol. Anyway. I was thrilled. lol

Today...got a bit of a tummy ache, actually. Hubby has tummy troubles and a slight temp last night. I hope Im not coming down with whatever he has. And I am sooo exhausted. I could sleep all day. So, no school for Tabby again today. Both precautionary (in case this is a bug and she gets it...dont want her sick at school or to pass it to other kids!) and because I cant make the walk today. Ugh. Blurgh.

So today is Wednesday. Zoe's birthday is Saturday. Im going to start prepping tomorrow (as long as Im not ill!!) - trying to get my buttercream frosting red. :/ And her Aptamil is nearly gone...enough for today. so tomorrow Im going to put her on full fat cows milk :D My baby is becoming a toddler!! Awww!

Have a good day all. I may go have a rest in the bed with the girls.

Aww, little Zoe is growing up!! :D Is she turning 1 or 2?

Yay for size 22/20!! :D :D :D That's awesome. I'm loving the fact that you tried on dresses! I hear you on the fat legs issue though: 1) they usually look fatter to us than they actually are; and 2) I try to wear my dress length at knee or slightly below. :)

As per diet - I fear you may get a little bored of your cabbage/quorn soup. Remember how annoyed you got with the liquid only packs?

A diet is a funny thing, it needs to be something you're comfortable with. :) I fear with the holiday coming up, it'll be harder to follow any kind of strict plan, simply because the mind is elsewhere and there's an overwhelming sense of "What's the point, I'll be 'off' this in a few days anyway". - I got that feeling before holidays 2 years ago - it was EXCRUCIATINGLY HARD to stick to packs because it felt pointless. Obvioulsy though, I think you're a stronger individual than me. :p

Maybe have:

Breakfast - an omelette (2 eggs) - OR 1 egg + butterbeans // or smoked salmon (if you eat it?)

Lunch - half a tin of bean salad / quorn chicken pieces on salad / prawns / soup /

Dinner - quorn lettuce wrap fajitas / quorn mince bolognese/chilli / soy sauce stir-fry / mushroom + quorn or tuna stuffed peppers /

Snack - apple / piece of fruit

I mean those things I thought off the top of my head. Generally, you did say calorie counting was a pain, but you don't have to. As long as you know each meal is a certain amount ROUGHLY (let's say - 200/300/500 + 100 on snacks) you're in the 1100-1200 range and will still be losing weight.

:)

Zoe will be 1 on Saturday :)

Part of the reason for the soup is that we are desperately skint haha. Before I did packs, I had this same soup everyday for about a month and i never got sick of it. Weird, i know. I quite fancied it again so figured I could work it into a plan to keep weight down/lose/maintain/ just not gain! lol

it is hard ...really hard..to even think about a diet of any kind right now. Im almost already in holiday mode, mentally. So Im trying to just keep myself in line as best as I can and to continue to have nutritious things as opposed to pasta/spaghetti, cheese sandwiches, toast and other easy bread/pasta (cheap) based things lol. Its a compromise, I guess. This soup is realllly chunky and almost more like a stew. Oh, I put lentils in it too lol. So, quite hearty. If I do get sick of it. I will switch it up as best I can...but I think I will be ok. (I Hope!)

To be fair, the soup sounds gorgeous... !!! Now that you even added lentils. YUM!! :D

You can do this - so long as you stay away from those nasty heavy carbs, you're ok!

x

BUSY! I will be back though! Sorry lovelies! Dont give up on me :D xx

We're always here for you - dieting or not! Remember that. :)

Don't stress out too much and have a lovely holiday !!

x

Right. Todays Zoes 1st bday and Ive just finished the cake. Im now going to catch up with everyone. Ive been completely off all plans. Ideally, would like to at least calorie count next week, keeping carbs low, but i feel really not with it right now. went out and got 2 gypsy style long flowy skirts for holiday and i actually really liked the way they look. anyway....ive not stopped for 3 days!! Im shattered but got so much accomplished that needed doing. so i feel good about that.

cake piccy and I will go catch up with everyone! (yes, I baked it, made the buttercream from scratch and decorated it myself, hence why it has that unprofessional look lol)

IMAG1296.jpg

The weather is going to be really crappy again from tomorrow (was divine today) so Im going to stay home and start the pre-holiday cleaning and try to catch up on the mountain of laundry we have :/

Considering using up some of the slim fast for the next few days until we go. 2 shakes and a 600 cal meal, and a couple of apples per day. Saving my packs for our return.

how is everyone??

Morning!

Ive not been around here much, I know. Sorry! Ive been busy and completely off plans. But Im restarting packs today, just til Monday night. 2 reasons for that - first one being Im actually SICK of food. We had very little moolah for shopping so I ended up getting rubbish like chicken dippers, frozen chips....just awful. Ive been gagging for a salad for days. lol. But filling up on absolute crap. Im sick at the thought of another carb laden thing passing my lips tbh. lol I get like after xmas too, usually! haha. And the second one being that despite all the awful crap Ive had, once again my body has levelled out at 264lbs. I think I have reset my maintenance weight to that some how. For years, it was 282. Then it was 275. Now it seems to be 264. lol I feel bloated and just bleurgh. So Im going to jump back on packs for the ease and because I miss them and I feel crap. So Im having coffee now.

Yesterday, I had another busy day out. I went and took Zoe for her 12 month jabs. Holy sh!tballs SHE SCREAMED! But shes ok now. lol Then we came home and met up with my friend and we all went to the Metro Centre and had lunch at the new "American" Diner. It was awful. LOL. No one but Americans or people who are very familiar with American food would know that. But it was. We, (my expat friends and I...there are loads of us here now) love to try out new "Mexican" and "American" places when they open. anyway. It was fun. Then we wandered around and hit primark up for some holiday goods. lol. And my Tabby did that bungee bouncing thing. OMG. O MG. I about died but she loooved it.

Ive got yet another busy day. I have to go out and get a few last bits and pieces and get some of our money changed. and my mom wants some more tea. she loves twnings and although you can get SOME in the states, the variety isnt as good. lol And as its Mother's Day back home on Sunday, I wouldnt very well say no :p lol

So I will be running about again today before we come home to finish off yet more laundry. Yuck.

I hope everyone is ok?

:D xx

Ok.....what do you guys think. I was going to start packs today and then after that post, I went to the loo and Ive gotten my first TOTM since feb!! So I didnt start packs...but still want to. Should I? Did I read that youre not meant to start while TOTM is visiting? Meh :/

Good Morning!

I'm back lol!

Hope you're okay lovely? How's it going? Just going to pop in and say hi to everyone and hope I can catch up, arrgghh!!

Have a GREAT day! :) xxx

Back