been feeling queasy but must eat! (lost 2lb!)

jillymeg123

Hi everyone. I have been feeling queasy for 3 days and not fancied much food. I have a cough but no cold, just this nausea. Upside is that I lost 2lb. this week, most ever in 1 week! Downside is that I need to eat but lost my appetite. All I could even think of eating is bread, hot cereal and sweet rice. No veggies or fruit except maybe I could down a banana. Any ideas would be welcome! p.s. def. a bug, not preg. as I am post-menopausal!!!

Hope you feel better soon, maybe you could make up some nice homemade soup or stew :)

Hope you feel better soon, maybe you could make up some nice homemade soup or stew :)

Thanks MummyEm. Maybe a cuppasoup later. I just had half a wholemeal bap with grilled cheese on top and a drop of milk. Didn't enjoy it at all. I'm not used to this, not wanting to eat and not enjoying eating!!! I haven't even fancied my usual cup of coffee. Novel experience for me. :)

If you fancy hot cereal how about porridge (hexb with ryvita/scan bran) & add some fruit to it. Maybe banana on the ryvita/scan bran.

Or add some pureed veg (I get the feeling you don't want to eat 'lumps') to rice.

Or puree some fruit & pour over pudding rice.

Ahh porridge sounds good with crushed ryvita and nana! I could fancy that later, and maybe rice pud for brekkie, thanks for the ideas. :cool:

Back