Been for my pre op :)

xKimmiex

Silver Member
Had bloods and weighed (weighed 5lb less on there scales!!) and bmi was 36. Had swabs for mrsa. Then talke that I will he left on my own all day and go to theatre on my own! Dreading it! But they said it's a day op so will be out at night time. She said theres no need to come off my diet and I can go back on that day. But iv decided in going to have a salad after my op and back on my shakes the day after. :) so scared still lol

That's great .. the ball is rolling.

You probably won't feel like eating very much at all after your op.. most people just manage a bit of toast.

What op are you having? I had a teeny op back in 2008 - had a coil inserted under GA. Was literally out for 20 minutes and had the thing put it, but my CDC wouldn't let me go straight back on to CD - I spoke to Cambridge and they said the same - didn't want me back on for 3 months!!! Fortunately I saw my GP who signed a form to say I could go back on sooner, but was still off about 4 weeks!!!

Just thought I would let you know

My CDC is fine with me going back on as she understands how much I need it ATM. It's a refashioning op x

Hi Kimmie -- It is kind of weird in this country. I literally walked into the theatre wearing my crocs (that weren't clean at all) -- and then took them off got on the table was asleep in seconds. I woke up later in a room with other people who'd been operated on -- was spoken to by a nurse and when she thought I was okay, I was taken back to my "bed" to wait until I could be discharged (I think you have to take a wee first, drink and eat something) -- and, of course, the doctor has to see you, write the discharge papers and they give you your meds to take home. My DH was with me until I went ot theatre, waited in the waiting area until I came back to my room. And I was never really alone -- there was always a nurse or someone close at hand.

It really goes fast and the most difficult part will be the time you spend 'recovering' at home: getting back to normal.

Good Luck.

MM

He was told he has to go home then ring at 7pm and ask when he can come and pick me up!
I'm extremely needle phobic so terrified that im going to be alone when i have the needle in my hand :(

aww hun you wont be alone when they put the needle in , there will be lots of people there with you , nurses and doctors and they are very good as lots of people are needle phobic and they know how to do it so you hardly notice :)

I had my gallbladder out last year and Hubby had to go straight home after he dropped me off , but i was in a ward with a load of other women waiting for ops , so we all had a good old gossip and before you know it they will come for you and then you will be waking up and it will be over :) once you are fully awake you will go back onto the ward and again you will be able to chat to the other , although I just slept and had some sandwiches then went home :)

You will be fine :)

I'm so glad that my doc has said there's no need to come of diet! She said most people show ketones in the wee the day of there op as they haven't ate from the night before, so no need for me to come out of ketosis first :) I'm scared about the pain :( but they said it should be starting to heal after a week! I had an awful cut and forcep with delivery with DD and tear with DS was in bed for 4months after birth and don't want the same to happen. Although I will be able to get te bath this time ECT cause I'm thinner lol

What op are you having? I had a teeny op back in 2008 - had a coil inserted under GA. Was literally out for 20 minutes and had the thing put it, but my CDC wouldn't let me go straight back on to CD - I spoke to Cambridge and they said the same - didn't want me back on for 3 months!!! Fortunately I saw my GP who signed a form to say I could go back on sooner, but was still off about 4 weeks!!!

Just thought I would let you know

Starlit_Cazza's advice is correct. Under no circumstances should anyone who has had a GA - for whatever reason and regardless how long they are 'out' for - recommence any sole source programme immediately afterwards. The recommended period that's required to elapse is 3 months, but that can be reduced in certain circumstances but only under medical advice and supervision.

I understand that you don't want to interupt your diet but I strongly advise you to discuss this further with your Cambridge consultant who should always refer back to our Medical Department if she's unsure of the guidelines.

Summerskye said:
Starlit_Cazza's advice is correct. Under no circumstances should anyone who has had a GA - for whatever reason and regardless how long they are 'out' for - recommence any sole source programme immediately afterwards. The recommended period that's required to elapse is 3 months, but that can be reduced in certain circumstances but only under medical advice and supervision.

I understand that you don't want to interupt your diet but I strongly advise you to discuss this further with your Cambridge consultant who should always refer back to our Medical Department if she's unsure of the guidelines.

I'm not really bothered about getting in touch with medical department tbh.
In having refashioning operation, both doctors have said it's fine to go back on. Obv cambridge have to watch there back and tell em to have three months off, but I'm not lol like I said there's not even an option of being off longer then a week. And tbh noone would understand

I started LT one week after having my gallbladder removal op. I had no problems at all

I'd just see how you feel. If you feel like poo then eat for a few days. If you feel great then carry on!x

like I said there's not even an option of being off longer then a week. And tbh noone would understand

Yep you are right. Not one of us could possibly understand what you are going through because clearly you are the only person who has ever ever ever ever been through anything like this.

The medical advice is there for a reason

Starlit_Cazza said:
Yep you are right. Not one of us could possibly understand what you are going through because clearly you are the only person who has ever ever ever ever been through anything like this.

The medical advice is there for a reason

Excuse me? I ment it's because I have a once in a life time holiday booked as I had an awful year last year and other half has booked a holiday for me.

But other people have managed it and my doctors are fine with it

could you not do the 1000 plan for a few weeks after ?? I admit that 3 months is a little over the top for a minor op , I waited 3 weeks after my gallbladder op , but I made sure that I was totally healed before I started on SS , i was back at work by 3 weeks and knew I was healed .
The problem you may have is the risk that your body will not heal properly with such limited resources .. but it is your choice and if you want to risk it not healing properly then thats a risk you need to take

determinator said:
could you not do the 1000 plan for a few weeks after ?? I admit that 3 months is a little over the top for a minor op , I waited 3 weeks after my gallbladder op , but I made sure that I was totally healed before I started on SS , i was back at work by 3 weeks and knew I was healed .
The problem you may have is the risk that your body will not heal properly with such limited resources .. but it is your choice and if you want to risk it not healing properly then thats a risk you need to take

Doctor said your body doesn't need a certain amount of cals. If you think about how little r eating after a glastic band and u still have to heal lol

The rules are there for a reason and if your CDC is not following the protocols about advice following surgery then she is breaking her agreement with Cambridge. The rules regarding general anaesthetics are very, very clear. No plan is to be followed for 3 months without express permission from Head Office in extenuating circumstances.

Back