Been made fun of

Grimskunk

Okay I have been made fun in recent times but I dono today I just felt all of it.
Just now there was a housefly and it was fattest and biggest housefly I have ever seen and it had to land on my workdesk so I am a very eecky gal so I told my colleague to remove it and another colleague came by to see and shes like yeah its huge just like the owner.
Then I was reading the newspapers health section and there was this lady who used to be 80kg n now shes 60kg and I said hey look this gal used to be fat like me and my guy colleague nxt to me said quite loudly omigod you’re heavier than me!
Third incident, I told my tea lady do not make tea anymore for me and she asked me why. I said I want to diet and she luff like it’s the funniest joke she ever heard.And there were quite a few people in the pantry mind you!
Anyways I just wannna go home now..i am on the verge of tears oredi.

Grimskunk, firstly hello and welcome i dont believe we have met.

People can be really cruel and like you mentioned you are starting a diet very soon. These comments today you should turn into determination not to feel this way again. And obviously these people are colleagues and not friends!

Best of luck starting tomorrow!

Bren
X

You will have the last larf honey just wish i was that fly on your desk when they notice the new fantastic slimmer gorgeous you. Good Luck honey X

Sweetie people can be so mean sometimes.. but they are mean inside.. you are not! You can change your outside and ARE changing it.. keep your head down, get on with your diet on your own and expect no support from them - because they obviously won't give it.. ignore EVERYTHING they say about your diet, as I'm sure it won't be words of support and know that YOU are changing YOUR life.. not for them but for you. :)

Soon enough they'll be coo-ing about your loss of weight. ;) I promise you! :D

I am a freelance administrator and foster carer so work from home. I nipped into my old workplace yesterday.. partly to drop off some cards and to keep a contact who has said she'll pass me some work after the new financial year.. ;) i'm not silly! lol Well anyway.. In I walk to 'wow.. you've lost LOADS of weight'!! Comments :) A Bloke I considered a friend there would often make comments towards my 'keeping fit' and losing a few lbs.. he was nice in a way but then if I said I was being good he'd bring donughts in and insist I eat one!! :copon:It was so great to be able to show that I CAN do it.. and that I AM doing it.. can you believe he actually said to me not to go too mad in losing weight! :8855:Honestly, I'm still obese and had to giggle at this.. I have a secret plan to 'go mad' in his words.. and won't take a word he says into account!

((hugs)) sorry for rambling - hope it makes sense!

Grimskunk - ignore her, she sounds like a selfish, shallow nasty woman - put a complaint in about her and it will soon shut her up - its classed as bullying.

People wont be making comments when were both lbs lighter and happier hun xxx

Okay I have been made fun in recent times but I dono today I just felt all of it.
Just now there was a housefly and it was fattest and biggest housefly I have ever seen and it had to land on my workdesk so I am a very eecky gal so I told my colleague to remove it and another colleague came by to see and shes like yeah its huge just like the owner.
Then I was reading the newspapers health section and there was this lady who used to be 80kg n now shes 60kg and I said hey look this gal used to be fat like me and my guy colleague nxt to me said quite loudly omigod you’re heavier than me!
Third incident, I told my tea lady do not make tea anymore for me and she asked me why. I said I want to diet and she luff like it’s the funniest joke she ever heard.And there were quite a few people in the pantry mind you!
Anyways I just wannna go home now..i am on the verge of tears oredi.

Hiya and welcome! I could be wrong but could it be that you're prompting these comments by drawing attention to your size? Mentioning someone was fat like you would only give others free reign to talk about your size. It may not necessarily be malicious but they may think you're not sensitive about your weight and therefore make tactless comments.

I suggest you don't talk about your weight or diets you're on, just focus quietly on your personal goals and if anyone notices your weightloss then you can tell them you're trying out a new plan or something.

I really hate it when people (especially at work) step out of line and behave that way but as I can't change or control them, I rather adjust my actions to make that sort of behaviour less likely to occur.

Yes, I definately put a complaint in....they won't do it again believe me...best of luck....they not worth getting upset about!

I think they are horrible and dont want you to change because it makes them feel better. Stuff 'em and hold your head high, you can do it! xx

Hi everyone thank you for ur support. i have a colleague who did cambridge 2 years ago when she say the results it had on me but the thing is she has maintained her weight whereas i did not and gain back all that i lost and more. Anyways so she saw me looking down and said she wants me to do well coz i was the one who introduced her to cambridge and said she will do it together with me tomorrow so i feel better now to know someone is looking out for me.

Slimbride 2009 - what u said is true actually. i guess i do encourage these comments tho of coz not on purpose but i am a nice easygoing gal n i don't get angry with anyone so i guess everyone thinks i wont scold them back when they make fun of me thats one of the reasons and they also noe im ok if u make fun of my weight coz i have a sense of humour abt it all but its just that today i feel i have had enough oredi.

Maybe they're poking fun at you because they each feel inadequate themselves in other ways and rather than draw attention to themselves and their own issues they find it easier to make fun out of you being an easy target?!

I agree with Slimbride2009, I don't draw attention to my diet, especially not at work where I work with all men, but if people ask me questions or make comments then I answer them truthfully.
It always surprises me when 'large' people say that they are happy being big - are they being truthful or do they think that by being the life and soul of the party, it will somehow make them feel better about themselves ?
I know that I am not happy about my weight, and will only be happy when I have made considerable efforts to get rid of some of it.

Take other people's comments with a pinch of salt and don't let it get you down - chin up !! :D

Tracy

I'm sorry that you have co-workers who are just so downright mean!

The best thing I can suggest is that you should hold your head up high and know that you are a good person regardless of what they think.

Ugh, I hate how people can be so nasty sometimes!

I wouldn't take their comments too seriously, because as soon as you lose the weight they'll be fawning all over you and making a big deal about how wonderful you look. They are just shallow people, and not worth your serious thought.

Yeah, you have to work with them, but you don't have to let them get inside your head.

These people feel so inadequate with themselves that they can only make themselves feel better by putting someone else down.

I know its hard but rise above it hun and they will get theirs!

Good luck with it.

Laura x

Back