Been thinking..Are we craving more sweet food...

I think our generation has become lazy and obsessed in making life easier and quicker for ourselves. Not only do we have ready meals, but I remember not so long ago, my grandparents had a remote for the video player, but you had to plug it in and there would be a wire from the video to you lap with the remote...now we have remotes for everything, and wireless! Phones, remote controls, auto lights on and off things, even tin openers - how lazy is that?

Not so many years ago none of us had home computers, now if mine doesn't load up in 0.00005 secs, I'm sitting tapping saying hurry up, get on with it...etc etc..Why - what is the rush? Maybe as a society we all need to slow down and stop being so B*£$!Y lazy and get off our back sides and do something..

xx

Then we would all be slim again.............. Do you know, I was typing that as a joke but in all seriousness it probably does have a lot to do with why we are all gaining weight.

Nowadays, we really do expect everything to be laid out before us on a plate, so to speak.

I think you're right SuzyK, we probably would all be slimmer if we actually did things rather than using all the gadgets and gizmos which are supposed to make our lives better!

Lets think about this - Could any of us really give up the tv remote, or the wireless phone or a toilet downstairs as well as upstairs. Think of the calories we would loose just by not being lazy - this really is food for thought!

xx

Too be honest with the amount of running around I do after my kids their should be nothing of me. Well maybe I don't run but at home I am up and downstairs all the time with them.

My boys like to go to the toilet at the same time, so it is just as well we have two loos! I used to only have a downstairs loo in my old house, which was a nightmare when I was pregnant, but I don't think going up and down them a few times is going to make much difference to me.

Taz, does that mean you are on the ground floor. Lucky you! My old flat I used to have to walk up to the top floor, (three levels) and carrying shopping was hard work........

Yes I am on the ground floor. When we buy a house I will HAVE to have a downstairs loo as sometimes I'm not able to climb stairs

Actually we only have an upstairs loo and it drives me crazy as we always all want it at the same time! At least I can loose weight whilst jumping about waiting for the kids to go first! We've been thinking about doing an ext just so we can get another loo built! At least with haveing it upstairs I am always going up and down. I've just toilet trained my youngest so it's still a novelty - I should be stick thin too -why aren't I?

xx

Why do you have problems with stairs Taz? In fact if you don't want to answer that then please ignore me.

Hchappyh, I also should be slim with the running up and down the stairs that I do, but for some reason it does not seem to make any difference for me. When both boys are on the loo they both want me, not Daddy, so I try to split my time between them.
I have been known to sit on the stairs where they can both see me if they are both having a whinging day!

How did we get onto this converstaion?............... I thought we were discussing "how sweet are foods today?"

Why do you have problems with stairs Taz? In fact if you don't want to answer that then please ignore me.
I have hypermobility syndrome (HMS) and my knees are badly affected. I can usually operate like a 'normal' person but some days they just give up on me. Of course being overweight doesn't help that :whistle:

Sorry to hear about your HMS Taz. Excuse my ignorance, but I nothing about this. Has you weight loss so far helped with your knees?

xx
It's hard to say really. I started with SW in 2004 and lost 3 stone quite quickly. Then in 2006 my cartillege tore and it took over a year to get it repaired so that my weight took a battering while I was immobile. Since then my lifestyle has changed a lot but in the last year I have gained some weight again which isn't good

No hchappyh you are not full of hot air at all!

I just thought that those without kids that might read these posts would probably not be overly intersted in our kids loo habits. I was just as bad when they were babies and all us new mums discussed nappy contents.......

Taz,

Sorry, I am also ignorant on HMS. I do suffer from arthritis and I know I will find things better as I lose weight for my kness etc, but as it is my arms and hands that get it bad in the mornings I can't see that getting better. Who knows, maybe I will be surprised.

Is it just mainly your knees that are affected?

Hchappy I hope you will see the doctor if your hands are painful as you don't want to leave it.

I don't know how old you are but I am guessing with young kids you are probably the same age or younger than me. I hit the big 4 0 this year.... I have had arthritis since I was a child, so I know to expect aches and pains but you should not ignore it.

Sorry if I sound like your mother......

Thanks SuzyK, If the pain in my hands persist I shall see the Dr. I think it's been the cold weather having an effect on me! Lets hope that spring is in the air and all will be fine.

I'm 33, so a few years yet before the big 40..Did you have a party?

Don't worry about sounding like my mother - it's nice to know you care. My mum at the moment is going through the 'change' and so all we all here about is her flushes, so it's nice to think about something else!
xx

I am so glad you don't take to heart my gentle nagging. I can be a right old mother hen sometimes!

The big 4 0 is not until September and that is my big motivation to lose weight as I am planning a big party and I want to be SLIM.....

I have been thinking about venues this week. I have booked one singer and DJ. I am hoping to have another couple of singers who are a great duo as well but I am waiting on their diary comfirmation.

Taz,

Sorry, I am also ignorant on HMS. I do suffer from arthritis and I know I will find things better as I lose weight for my kness etc, but as it is my arms and hands that get it bad in the mornings I can't see that getting better. Who knows, maybe I will be surprised.

Is it just mainly your knees that are affected?
Knees are worse but all my joints are affected in some way. Also get palpitation, have extreme fatigue, general pain, and more likely to get injuries.

Hi Hchappy,

I know I will reach target before my birthday, that is why I have given myself plenty of time so I don't stress and it is working because the weight is falling of, I am so greatful to Go Lower as I don't know anyother diet that would work for me so well.

I am thinking about caterers for the party but it will probably be the normal cold buffet stuff, sandwiches etc..... Not ideal but cheap and cheerful!

Hi Taz, I also wish you all the best and hope things improve for you.

Back