Been to the doctors

yer good luck and let us know how you get on x

Thanks ladies will let you know how it goes. I feel a little better for having a good cry I think I needed to get it out of my system. Will defo get in at the doctors first thing as soon as they open.

Dont do it Son!!

Get yourself to the docs asap.I have suffered with depression on and off for years.When I went to weightloss clinic the doc there put me back on Prozac to help me with the changes i was making in my life to do with food.Best thing I ever did,I was not depressed at the time,it just keeps your mood even and you can cope with the bad stuff.You are there for us Sonia,we all need help sometimes...ooo I get by with a little help from my friends...sorry its the scouse in me:8855:

Morning all, I have been out in the freezing cold frosty day to the doctors :gen125:. I have been put on Citalopram (Anti-Depressants) and have to go back in 2 weeks for a checkup. I have also got xenecal too. I have also been referred to the hospital as my periods have been naughty so they want to do a scan to rule certain things out. I also have to have a smear on Wednesday and some swabs too. I am bricking it. I had a good think last night and have decided that I will not do SW just till my tabs have kicked in and I start feeling better as I know the slightest thing sets me off eating comfort foods. I am not going anywhere on here though. I will still be pottering about checking what your all upto.

Hey Son, glad you went to the Dr, and were listened to and given some support. Take the tablets, give it all a chance to kick in, then come back to SW with a vengeance babes :hug99: Sorry not been around much - loads going on and not been doing fantastically well - but didn't want you to think I had forgotten you xx

Glad you went and got your tablets son, they are they same ones i was on and they really helped. I know how horrible it is to feel depressed due to the post natal depression. Yeah wait until you feel better in yourself then when you do you will be in the right place to start sw again. Chin up sweetie x

God for you Son, you have taken a step in the right direction and got some help. I understand depression very well from a personal & family point of view so sending loads of good luck and hugs.

Don't be a stranger! :gen126:

Sarahx

Hi Hun,

I think that you have made the right decision. Concentrate on getting yourself mentally better, before the physical side. Xenical will help you shift the excess fat intake, but it isnt a diet pill....I know I took it for 2 months and lost 1lb! I stuck religiously to the SW plan during that time and sadly it didnt work for me...all it did make sure of, was that I run to the loo with a bottle of fairy liquid and went through underwear when I coughed, sneezed or did anything else!! Lol
Anyway.....get yourself in a place where you feel that you are ready to tackle other issues, but dont think of this as a failure, think of it as a beginning to a new more confident you.

Take care

Kerry-Ann
xx

Good luck Son. I think you are making the right decision. Just be careful with the Xenical. I had it and I ate something slighty fatty and I had oil coming out where it shouldnt :eek: It really is that bad!

Hopefully everything will come back from the hospital as normal and then you can move on in the new year. Good Luck x

Hey Son, glad you went to the Dr, and were listened to and given some support. Take the tablets, give it all a chance to kick in, then come back to SW with a vengeance babes :hug99: Sorry not been around much - loads going on and not been doing fantastically well - but didn't want you to think I had forgotten you xx

Thanks hun I know your still around I could say the same I have not checked in on you for a while will have a catch up over the next few days. Hope your ok :) Ive not forgotten you either.

They're the tablets I'm on, and they have worked well for me. Keep taking them regularly and you'll feel better in no time. They do take a bit of time to kick in, but by the time you go back for your checkup you should be feeling a bit better. They don't take the problems away, but they make you able to cope with things so much easier. I was in a right mess. I've been on them just over a year now, and I did wean myself off them a couple of months ago, and did a huge downward slide, so the Dr put me back on them for a further 6 months minimum, but like I said, I feel so much better with them, and so much less stressed. I can now cope and my weight is coming off, I feel much more positive, and hopefully you'll be the same way.

Don't forget us here though, keep popping back in. You'll be missed if you don't!!

Big hugs... xxxxxx

They're the tablets I'm on, and they have worked well for me. Keep taking them regularly and you'll feel better in no time. They do take a bit of time to kick in, but by the time you go back for your checkup you should be feeling a bit better. They don't take the problems away, but they make you able to cope with things so much easier. I was in a right mess. I've been on them just over a year now, and I did wean myself off them a couple of months ago, and did a huge downward slide, so the Dr put me back on them for a further 6 months minimum, but like I said, I feel so much better with them, and so much less stressed. I can now cope and my weight is coming off, I feel much more positive, and hopefully you'll be the same way.

Don't forget us here though, keep popping back in. You'll be missed if you don't!!

Big hugs... xxxxxx

Thanks hun glad you feel better on the tablets. I have weaned myself of anti depressants before and came crashing back down to earth with a massive bump. I wont be making that mistake again. I know its going to take time to kick in and to feel better. So I am going to stay off SW till I feel ready to go back. But I am not going to use not being on SW as an excuse to eat junk.

Dont worry I wont be going anywhere I will still be on here every day.

hope you feel better hunny soon
good luck with the tablets but like someone else said be careful with the xenicol i had them a few years ago and it is very important you keep your eye on the amount of fat you have otherwise (sorry guys!) you have greasy wind problems and i ended up having to run to the loo
i stopped taking them when i gave up on my dieting(possibly the 3rd or 4th attempt at WW) and found them in the cupboard earlier this year and started taking them again cos they were still in date but i had to stop taking them as this time i got stomach cramps!
but try not to give up on SW you can get through this!!!!!

sod christmas pud! etc !

ask yourself do you need the goodies!!!
i do and then when my brain tells me yes i do want the chocs then i think but do i really want to put the weight back on and ruin the progress i have made by losing the weight and changing my lifestyle
xxxxx

I'm on 60mg of citralopram and they do help. I think it might have been these that helped me decide to start SW again. As for the other tablets, oh my god, They are horrible. When I took them I had to put blu loo in the 2 loo's at work just make sure the toilet was clean. Black knickers are best as well:D

I have had reductil too and I didnt think they made any difference. My problem was what I ate when I was hungry!

Don't give up!! I f you stop dieting now then you are going to end up staying like that don't be fed up hon you are on a diet that works really really works even if you eat and eat and eat it's as simple as sticking to a plan , you have lost 9 lbs probably more if you give up now you put one on then another you have done brilliantly sometimes we feel like giving up but it's not the way to look at it. Take the evening off have a meal whatever you want don't go crazy try stick roughly to plan then in the morning take a good long look at what you want , yes it may be xmas yes it may be a time to splash out eat and drink what you want but you don't have to do that you have a choice your a gorgeous looking girl don't do yourself wrong because your feeling a bit defeatest and fed up you are doing great XXXXXX

Sounds like your doctor is being very thorough which is good! Hope you are feeling better soon hun x

Back