"Before I Fall"

Xassy, I'm so glad you loved it too. I'm tearing up a little thinking of it - its the kind of book that stays with you too.

((((hugs)))) xx

i just got it but i am reading my best friends girl by dorothy koomson which is rather sweet and nice to read. xxx

I went to buy 'Before I fall' after the recommendations on here a few weeks ago but was told that only the trade paperback was out (which cost about £13) so I didn't get it. You've reminded me to look out for the paperback which I think should be out now.

I'm also planning to get the latest Audrey Niffenegger book; Time Traveller's Wife is one of my all time favourite books so I'm hoping I'll like her new one.

I'm determined to get back into reading books; since my little boy was born all I seem to read is trashy magazines!

I picked up the new book by Audrey Niffenegger the other day. I read the first couple of pages in Tesco and put it back down! I'm very judgemental of books, lol! :) If it doesn't grab me within the first 2 pages it gets left where it is :) xx

I am in the middle of 'Her Fearful Symmetry' (the Audrey Niffennegger one!) right now and I think it's a grower - I am at the unputdown-able stage now!

I've been looking out for the paperback of 'Before I Fall', but it's out of stock on Amazon and not in any shops I've looked in yet :(

I'm reading Jodi Picoult's The Tenth Circle, but I can't say I'm enjoying it (unlike her other books), I think it's the subject matter. Just finished Elizabeth Peters The laughter of dead kings which was a rollicking good read.

Hey Judimac - I found the same thing when i tried to read it - i did persevere (normally i dont tbh) and its ok

I have just finished a great one

The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick - not the normal kind of thing i pick up but I loved it.

Just starting the Bay at Midnight by Dianne chamberlain

I know what you mean Judimac - I found 'The Tenth Circle' heavy going and a bit clumsy - not typical Jodi Picoult.

Currently reading 'The Love Verb' by Jane Green and enjoying it. Will report back!

As for buying books, I'm a great believer in the power of sharing books (hence starting this thread!) and use a site called Welcome to BookCrossing to release my books out into the 'wild'!

Its great fun, very easy to do, and best of all feels like I'm sharing some of the best books I have read with others. :D

Or swap on readitswapit which is what i do, or charity shops/bake sales just bought 2 alex kava books at the work bake and book sale brand new for £2

i wondered where i knew you from read it swap it. yay i love read it swap it.

i'm hoping for a swap at the moment for evermore and that will be my next book to start.
i like fantsy books with a twist of romance my all time fave is breath of magic by teresa mediros.
maybe we should start a chain book group we create a list of people who want to do it you then send a book you enjoyed to the person below you on the list when you recieve your book you read it review it and post it on to next person. this way we get to read books we wouldn't normally read

i wondered where i knew you from read it swap it. yay i love read it swap it.

i'm hoping for a swap at the moment for evermore and that will be my next book to start.
i like fantsy books with a twist of romance my all time fave is breath of magic by teresa mediros.
maybe we should start a chain book group we create a list of people who want to do it you then send a book you enjoyed to the person below you on the list when you recieve your book you read it review it and post it on to next person. this way we get to read books we wouldn't normally read

Good idea.
x

I got 'Before I Fall' today from Waterstones. So excited I started it this afternoon when my little boy had a sleep instead of cleaning the bathroom :p Ages since I've treated myself to a book but if it's as good as everyone says then I'll pass it on to my MIL. We used to swap books all the time before I stopped reading so much.

Back