Before you start a new thread - the purpose of sub forums

*Theresa* said:
Well maybe not but when it comes accompanied with the words 'Another bump is obviously needed today' It does make it feel like pointed finger even though I've not even started a thread...surely stickying it would achieve the whole 'being always there for folk to see without it seeming like we're being policed.
And this is honestly not directed at you it just happens to be your comment I've mentioned.

I'm just a regular forum member like yourself! I get frustrated having to scroll down several pages to get to thread that aren't just 'how many syns in...' and is this a HE!! It's a community forum and we all need to do our bit to help out. This is the 10th page of 'bumps' so maybe you should rant at others not just me! And if you haven't done anything wrong, then why the heck are you getting yourself in such a twist about it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just to add, I find it very amusing that you made such a fuss about it being 'bumped' yet by responding to the post you are effectively bumping it anyway!!! Lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

surely stickying it would achieve the whole 'being always there for folk to see without it seeming like we're being policed.

We've discussed the possibility of doing this before and the thing is ... people wouldn't read it. They don't read the stickies or use the sub-forums we've already got. Lots of people just post without thinking - and yes some of them may be newbies that don't know their way around yet but lots are regular users of the forum.

We have sub-forums for a reason - it makes it easier for people to find the information they are looking for. It doesn't take a minute to do a search to find out if someone has already asked your question .. but when someone clearly can't be bothered or when you've just told your 10th person that week that mullerlights are syn free then it can be very frustrating.

Yeah I get that it must be really stressful for the moderators to try and keep it in check but I have to admit if I were new and just kept seeing that at the top of the threads everytime I came on I would worry about posting at all....I get there are people out there that repeatedly do it and in this PC world we have to just target messages at everyone but it just doesn't seem very friendly or welcoming.

Welshtiger I am sorry if I offended you...I did say in my post that it wasn't directed at you I just quoted your comment which was the most recent not the 'only' one. I guess by quoting you you took it personally and accused me of ranting at you whcih I most definately was not...I was expressing an opinion not starting an arguement but looks like I got one anyway which I guess just reinforces how friendly some people are ;)

Back