beginning cambridge diet next week.how much does it cost?

fatandfedup

Im going to see a cambridge diet counsellor next wednesday so i can start:eek:
i was just wondering how much it costs and wat its all about really :confused:,i just want to know as much about it as i can really
so if anyone knows please let me know
thanks guys xx:)

Hi there!

You've come to the right place! There is loads of information, advice and support on here... and I don't think anyone bites! :D

I think the price might slightly vary.. your CDC will be able to tell you when you see her... but more importantly for me has been:

IT's Sooo much cheaper for me each week than buying a week's food... AND it's doing the right thing FOR ME.. and I'm not buying any rounds in the pub... or any bits of nonsense, crisps, snacks, drinks etc etc etc etc... so I'm saving a small fortune, and even with the extra things I'm doing (Tai Chi, Massage etc etc) it's still good for me financially as well as my health..

..others may have different experiences, but that's been my last couple of weeks :)

Good luck - and come on here lots... read lots and post loads tooo!

Vxxx :)

As V said, it does vary and depends on whether you are male/female or tall etc.

It could range from £31.50- around £50 a week, somewhere around that (correct me if I am wrong anyone! I pay £31.50 but I know that my CDC likes to keep her prices down as low as poss). But don't forget that is all your food for the week! You get all your meals for that price.

I have also saved a fortune, so much so that I have enough money left over to treat myself when I reach each stone (my hubby's suggestion :D) and STILL save money.

This is because our food shopping bill has halved, and then I'm not getting take-aways, nipping to the shop for snacks all the time etc.

Good luck with it, it really is an amazing diet! I am near the end of my third week and am loving it.

xxx

Me toooooo

Hi there - I am starting next week too and want to know the same thing - I think it is about £30-£40 which will be a bit tough as I am on maternity leave. I would love to have a diet buddy so let me know if you want to keep in touch - in any case all the best on your journey.

Hi Sarah, i'm on maternity leave too and its tough (MAT pay is rubbish!) happily be your buddy. this is going to be tough!! :(I've made a consious effort not to eat the kids left overs this week, and its made me realise just how often I do eat their left overs, and worse still i don't know i'm doing it !!! When do you start CD ?;)

probably a really stupid, obvious observation... but I'm going to ask anyway....

noone's on this while their breastfeeding/pregnant... are they???

just checking!! :brainfart:

Vxx

no!! my kids are 2yrs old and 6months old. that was one thing the CDC asked me too. Thanks for checking though! I'm mentally prepared for this and i'm so determind to do it!

Great - this will be really cool - it will be excellent to share highs and lows. My son is just 7 months. His food is all puree so I dont have the problem yet of eating his leftovers (anyway he hardly leaves anything!) My CD Counsellor just called and has a session tomorrow evening so it seems like fate to go along. Maternity pay is rubbish but it will be well worth it. I did CD a couple of years ago but back then I only had 1 stone to lose. Have you done it before?

i pay arounfd £37 a week but i have tetra drinks for the morning and bars they're a bit extra than the basic stuff! but anyone correct me if i'm wrong you can only go onto the bars after 2 weeks!

fankoo - my CD counsellor just called and she said it depends if i have 3 or 4 packs a day - i might try to start with 3 packs a day as i do have pretty good willpower once i put my mind to it. i can fill up on water too - you have done really well - any tips?

i've not tried CD before - but i will tomorrow!! off to get 40 winks now :) catch you all tomorrow night; at least if i'm on here i'm not in the fridge wondering what i can't eat next!!!!!!!! :)

am starting satday hope i can get past first week .

thanks for all the tips and advice guys.im not working at the moment either but i have worked out my finances and can afford to do it just and like u said i will save on the weekly shoppong.its only me and my 2 boys who are 14 months and 6 weeks so il only have to buy food for my eldest which aint alot really lol.i am so determined to lose weight ive tried loads of things last thing i tried was xenical and that was rubbish. mornings will be worse for me though cos im always hungry first thing in the morning and im up at 5 every day.

thanks for all the tips and advice guys.im not working at the moment either but i have worked out my finances and can afford to do it just and like u said i will save on the weekly shoppong.its only me and my 2 boys who are 14 months and 6 weeks so il only have to buy food for my eldest which aint alot really lol.i am so determined to lose weight ive tried loads of things last thing i tried was xenical and that was rubbish. mornings will be worse for me though cos im always hungry first thing in the morning and im up at 5 every day.

Hi

Have just noticed your baby is only 6 weeks old, unfortunately, this means you will not be able to do any CD programme.

You have to wait until 12 weeks after the birth of a baby and not be breastfeeding to start any of the CD programmes.

The best thing to do now is eat healthily from low GI and start to prepare for when you can get started with CD.

Start to increase your water and eat fresh veg and lean protein, brown rice, pasta, granary bread etc.

I know this is disappointing however your body needs to fully recover from the pregnancy and the birth.

Nearer the 12 weeks contact your CDC and she will advise you the best way forward.

Back