Beginning of a mission!!!

Girlonamission

Hello all,
Very new to all of this but have found this site so helpful in just a week so thought would post on here!!:)
Have decided after about two years to finally do something about my weight - over two years have put on 3 stone and now weighs .......... (gulp) 13 stone 6! Am really wanting to get back to my 10/10.5, if possible!! I have read and seen such good things about Slimming World so thought I would sign up!!
Have decided to do a combo of EE. Green Days and Red Days - does mixing it work?
Have joined online but I just wanted to see if I was going along the right lines with the food so far:
Green day:
Breakfast - mullerlight yoghurt, apple
Lunch - jacket potato, beans & salad
Dinner - wholemeal spaghetti, mushrooms, carrots, spinach, two scoops fat free fromage frais and 2 dairylea light triangles (hea)
EE day:
Breakfast: bacon, scrambled eggs with pepper to season and lots of mushrooms cooked in frylite
Snack: grapes and muller light
Dinner: SW recipe home-made burgers, two slices dairy lea light cheese(hea)with wholemeal roll (heb) salad and butternut squash chips with light Mayo - tablespoon 2 syns

Does this sort of plan sound ok? It just doesn't seem possible to lose weight by eating this much!? Obviously I will know when weigh myself on Wednesday (this is my chosen day)
If anyone has any thoughts I would love to hear them and also if anyone else felt bit overwhelmed at the beginning? Love to know it's not just me

Thank you

Xxx

I don't really know about red/green but I do know you can mix them up in the week

As for your ee menu
Looks good - just make sure 1/3 of your plate is superfree ( fruit/veg) as this is crucial to ee plan
Something which I'm often forgetting myself

Good luck

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Thank you x yeah think this is going to be my problem - the 1/3 plate of superfree!! But am determined!

Well done for your weight loss you are doing great:)
Are you following EE everyday?
Thanks again

Green is in need of some more healthy extras - you only seem to have part of an A, you need 2 B's and another A as well. You also need some syns on both days. Good luck!

As i've found out having the healthy Extras & syns is necessary for a consistant weight loss. And you don't want to feel like your dieting.
We've similiar weight losses in mind, so stay in touch x

Honestly, I got paranoid like you about SW quantities, and I was having all my healthy extras and 15 syns a day. So I ran it through a calorie counter and it told me I had 1400 calories that day. I tried another day and it told me 1250 calories! Honestly, it works because despite portions, it restricts calories and encourages nutrients that aid weight loss, like fibre and calcium. That's why your healthy extras and syns are important. You might find without them, you're only getting 900-1000 calories, which could actually slow your weight loss by slowing your metabolic rate. There isn't actually much food on your green day menu

gottasleepnow said:
As i've found out having the healthy Extras & syns is necessary for a consistant weight loss. And you don't want to feel like your dieting.
We've similiar weight losses in mind, so stay in touch x

Thank you - suppose just getting my head round synning!lol have to admit I am having friends round at weekend and know some (maybe couple of days worth) will be used, so am being good ATM :) But think I need to get some snacks in that are low syn so I get used to what I can eat!

Thank you so much for the help - nice to know others have got the same goals!! Xxx

Jael said:
Honestly, I got paranoid like you about SW quantities, and I was having all my healthy extras and 15 syns a day. So I ran it through a calorie counter and it told me I had 1400 calories that day. I tried another day and it told me 1250 calories! Honestly, it works because despite portions, it restricts calories and encourages nutrients that aid weight loss, like fibre and calcium. That's why your healthy extras and syns are important. You might find without them, you're only getting 900-1000 calories, which could actually slow your weight loss by slowing your metabolic rate. There isn't actually much food on your green day menu

This is really interesting and something will keep in mind!! Think will up my breakfast to have heb of 28g porridge and then using some hea for the skimmed milk! I am always more hungry in the morning and lunch!!

Just getting head around telling myself to eat!!lol
Hubby is doing this with me so this info will be really interesting for him too, thank you xx

Back