Being naughty ! Help x

clairepbear

Ok so I am doing sooooo well, Im doing LighterLife Lite, and since starting on Jan 3rd, I have lost bang on 2 stone ! Ive been doing fantastic and am really proud of myself. I actually started doeting before LL and have lost 6 stone 5 lbs in total ! However, i fell over in the snow at the weekend, down concrete steps and fractured my coccyx bone. Very very painful. And I think I have used it as an excuse to eat more than I should for the forst time today (food talk warning) Ive had a LL bar, then I went to a friends for the day and ended up getting a lamb shish with salad from allowance, and ive just got home and had a chicken breast stuffed with cheese from allowance with carrot n swede mash ! What am I doing, am I now out of ketosis ??? This is my first hiccup so far, and I know that when I wake up 2maro, im gonna go straight back on just the food packs, my weigh in, is on sunday so i will be back into ketosis by then but its not the point, I shouldnt have done it and i just feel awful !:cry:

Something LL teaches us is that the best thing to do is put any lapses behind you immediately. Don't keep feeling bad, but learn from your mistake.

Think of the reasons why - feeling bad due to fall, on pain killers, felt deprived, friend encouraged you what ever the reasons are.

Once you have worked the reasons out you need to consider what you can do differently to prevent this from happening again. Maybe avoid that friend for a while, pamper yourself in other ways, control your pain more carefully, or whatever works for you.

Then just carry on as normal. With the knowledge that you have worked through what happened and you won't let it happen again. This is a long journey and there will be blips along the way. it is what you learn from them that is more important that what the short term result is.

ps. I hurt my tailbone once too. it is soooo painful. I couldn't sit down for weeks and it took over a year to be able to sit for long periods of time. I used to stand at the back of cinemas! Sorry if that made you feel worse - but at least you know someone else understands.

Oh no ! The hospital told me it will take 6-8 weeks to heal, its honestly the worst pain ive ever experienced. They have given me strong painkillers, its been so difficult, I have a 1 year old and a 3 years old, and i cant even pick their toys up, my mums had to be here from really early in the morning until they go to sleep. And I am training to be a chef, so have had to take 2 days off college because I cant evem bend down to get into the fridges. Its just awful. I really hope it doesnt take over a year to heal, i said to my mum today that i would rather die than live in this much pain for the rest of my life. Sounds drastic but it really is that bad ! x

Have you told your LLC? I believe that with a broken bone LL require you to come off the diet so that you can heal properly.

Mine was tender, but not painful for a year. What this meant was that sitting for long periods was uncomfortable and sometimes impossible. But everyday life, walking around and everything was fine after the first few weeks. My problem was that I was a teenager and just couldn't bear the thought of doing nothing. Probably made things worse.

I fell from the top of a human pyramid onto someone's upturned heel...eeek the things you do when you are 14!

You should speak to your LLC just in case.

oooh that sounded well painful ! Yeah i actually work as an admin assitant for a lighterlife counsellor so she knows, shes so lovely she lent me a coccyx bone cusion. I actually lost 2lbs overnight, very strange but looking back at what i ate i didnt have any carbs so it wouldnt of taken me out of ketosis, Heads back on straight today, had my foodpacks and meal and im all cushty :)

Back