Being poorly.... how do I avoid sabotaging my week!

Kim_bee

Evening all! Just wanted a little bit of advice!
I have been pretty ill with mastitis today (the most painfull thing I have ever experienced!). Combination of painkillers and antibiotics have made me pretty sickly, so havnt eaten all day, and all i can face at the minute is toast and butter, not very slimming world friendly!

Does anyone have any advice on food to eat when feeling poorly? I know its most important that i just eat when i can etc, but i dont want to only eat toast and butter for days wreck my hard work from the rest of the week!!:jelous:

its a tricky one as everyone is different when ill. are you wanting carbs hence wanting bread? what about some plain pasta (you could add olive oil - just a 5ml teaspoon which is 2 syns) and some salt and pepper.

Or a jacket potato (you probs dont fancy anything on it) but a little bit of marg might work (or have some cheese spread if you fancy it).

Or maybe you fancy eggs (boiled) as i often fancy that when ill. All the things I said are on a green day which could mean you have 2 HEBs :)

Thanks!! I went for some pasta with a bit of oil and salt :) and have nibbled at it for a few hours! Im not getting my superfree foods but it will have to do for now till i feel a bit less bleargh!

Hi Kim_bee

I was pretty ill recently, and on the old antibiotics which made me feel a bit sicky. Just couldn't get much superfree down me, except raspberries and melon (melon's really good for a dicky tummy!) with some Total 0% yogurt. I drank a lot of tea as I find it comforting when I'm in pain, so that's where all my HEA s went on milk. Also got a thing for wholemeal toast with feta cheese and black pepper when feeling grim. Hope you feel better soon and just pick up on the superfree when you're feeling up to it. x

That just reminded me. My mum taught me if your ill the foods you should eat when well enough are BRAT. It stands for Banana, Rice, Apple and Toast.

Everyone knows abt toast but other 3 in bland form are supposed to make you better.

I do the same with my daughter, first foods I reintroduce when she been ill is toast and banana, then apples and then when ready for a meal I go for rice. Even when she was little and she was ill I did the same. Worth bearing in mind

Back