Being rubbish at the SW 'rules'- e.g. My Mum

Oh God I have laughed til I cried on this thread....I don't have any funny mum diet stories however I do remember when she first got a mobile phone and would take it over the road to the Co-Op to phone me as she just didn't understand you could use it in your own home.....and she used to sign off her texts with 'love nun' as she couldn't work out how to change it to mum LOL

Aw I had forgotten about this lovely thread! Still makes me chuckle, especially "Its HERRING not HADDOCK".

xxxxxxxx

OMG that wa funny , me and the OH was in guffaws lol

Reminds me of when I came out to my mum, she is in her 50's and when I said to her that I was gay, she looked at me with a gleem in her eye and said "I have had an 'experieince' with a woman (she did the quote thingy with her fingers) and then said "I dont understand the attraction...all it is is fiddling"...I nearly spurted my coffee everywhere! She regularly make my OH nearly pee herself laughing. My mum told her once of her 'experience' and said "she looked just like you as well' WINK lol!! She is a riot and a half I can tell you...mum aye! lol

This is probably the funniest thing I have read on here! Such a great thread!

Not so funny but my mum has been doing LL for ages, but as soon as she comes off it she will gain again, I keep trying to convince her to do SW because I love it, but she has an underactive thyroid and says that would prevent her from losing weight any other way than an FR diet. If anyone on here has any experience of doing SW with thyroid problems I'd love to hear about it.

This also reminds me of a lady in my group who in her second meeting complained about all the syns in avocados because they are healthy. They are, but there were quite a few of us sat there thinking "yes but they are pretty much solid fat." I think she's got to grips with in now though, she's done really well! I would love it if avocados counted as superfree tho, they are so good!

I remember when she (mum) first got a mobile phone . . . and she used to sign off her texts with 'love nun' as she couldn't work out how to change it to mum LOL

Don't get me going on mum's and mobile phones!! Mine's had one for about 7 years when I bought her one after she had another crash in a remote country lane.

She has serious trouble just dialling numbers, still can't text, and has currently lost both her home and car charger and refuses to buy another. Can't understand why she has no power though!

Oh, and last week she went to a buffet and was unsure if the barbeque coating on the chicken was syn free..........so she had a pork pie instead

Woman after my own heart!!!!!! That's made me laugh!!!!

Love this thread, reminds me of my nanny who I go to slimming world with, she has no idea what she is meant to be doing and every couple of days rings me to tell me what she has been eating, usually with several treats such as a "slither" of cake or a "small" sausage roll. She will then proudly tell me she is only having cupasoups every day for lunch, despite me explaining that they are actually not that great synwise, which she convienently forgets :) My favourite though is when she claims she has not touched bread since she started, every time I go over she is eating toast! But she says it doesn't count as she has it dry(?) obviously my eyes are making up the inch thick coating of salted butter! Bless her heart, love her to bits, but she will not listen x

Not so funny but my mum has been doing LL for ages, but as soon as she comes off it she will gain again, I keep trying to convince her to do SW because I love it, but she has an underactive thyroid and says that would prevent her from losing weight any other way than an FR diet. If anyone on here has any experience of doing SW with thyroid problems I'd love to hear about it.

I also suffer with an underactive thyroid and have managed to get to target in about 8 months, although I only needed to lose about 1.5 stone. I was only losing 0.5 to 1lb a week, which I suspect was something to do with the thyroid medication. So it is doable but don't expect to lose weight as quickly as others seem to but I was quite happy to lose it slowly as it gave me time to get used to eating the SW way. It is definitely a plan for life for me.

Denise

I've got an underactive thyroid too and lose about half a pound to a pound a week. So it is possible to lose it with slimming world like any other diet but very slowly and don't go crazy with the 'free' foods.

This thread made me laugh. I did SW years ago before extra easy but let Mum borrow my books as she liked the sound of extra easy when I started class recently (she eats meat, I don't). She simply said 'well sounds like you can eat anything - should be 'easy', what a silly diet'. She lost 2lbs in the first week, gained it back in the second and has now given up!

Back