Being told not to lose any more

Quak

Gold Member
I know I have lost a lot in a relatively short space of time but have been out this weekend and several people I know from social outings have said I should not lose any more as it is looking like I have lost enough now. My brother and his OH also said the same thing and my OH has been saying it for a couple of weeks now.

I am not ready to stop yet.

It is only 2 weeks off my holiday and I know that I am bound to put weight on, being all inclusive for 2 weeks so that in itself is a challenge but besides that I really want to see if I can do this, I want to get to my goal and if I look too thin, lets face it - it is much easier to put it back on than to lose it - plus how much fun would it be while I was doing it lol

I am carrying on, regardless.

Bren xx

ps I have put 3 new piccies on my album showing my new size 12 top and now baggy size 14 jeans which were falling down tonight while I was bouncing up and down to the band! I would appreciate your thoughts on the above if you can see the photos.

Last edited:
I know I have lost a lot in a relatively short space of time but have been out this weekend and several people I know from social outings have said I should not lose any more as it is looking like I have lost enough now. My brother and his OH also said the same thing and my OH has been saying it for a couple of weeks now.

I am not ready to stop yet.

It is only 2 weeks off my holiday and I know that I am bound to put weight on, being all inclusive for 2 weeks so that in itself is a challenge but besides that I really want to see if I can do this, I want to get to my goal and if I look too thin, lets face it - it is much easier to put it back on than to lose it - plus how much fun would it be while I was doing it lol

I am carrying on, regardless.

Bren xx

ps I have put 3 new piccies on my album showing my new size 12 top and now baggy size 14 jeans which were falling down tonight while I was bouncing up and down to the band! I would appreciate your thoughts on the above if you can see the photos.
Quak, Quak, Quak Quak Quak,

I could write looooads here, like I usually do. But I am really gonna try to keep it short. From the posts I have seen you put on here I know you are a strong, wise and sensible woman. You do not need anyone elses counsel and are more, more than capable of making the best decision about your own body !! It is just that people can't deal with you being slim, for their own reasons that are really nothing to do with you. I am 10 inches taller than you and am not a greyhound build and when I was 150lbs, what you are now I was slim but solid and healthy, sooooo, let's look at the facts, your BMI, is still in the overweight range, you are a tiny person under those last pounds and people don't realise. It is so strange for people to see you small they assume you have "gone anorexic" and don't understand how every day involves focus and working towards a goal. I had the same things when I lost weight before. It is very undermining. I think you should talk your other half about it and regain her supportand respect for what you are doing, everyone else, tell them to mind their own business. Have confidence, you know what is best.

i know how you feel i lost 9 stone about 5 years ago and people told me all the time i needed to stop loosing weight and dont you think youv lost enough blah blah blah. i think sometimes because people are so used to seeing the bigger you they notice the change and what everyone used to say to me was that i looked ill and my face looked drawn in. i said the same to a friend a few months ago she has lost a huge amount of weight and was unreconisable. she was really slim and everyone told her she looked great including myself because she does, but she told me that she had another 10lb to loose and that really shocked me because she was already so slim, she really didnt need to loose anymore but.......... because she had set herself a target weight she wanted to get to that. i was unable to see your photos but im sure you look amazing. i agree with tummy tamer you need to speak to your partner tell him how you feel and that you would like his support. if you truly feel that you have more to loose then dont worry about what other people have to say they should mind their own business.xx

Hi Bren,
You always seem such a sensible, well balanced person on here so I think you are definitely the right person to decide when to stop. Other people, though well meaning, often seem to want dieters to stop before goal. I presume they see the great improvement you've made so far and don't see the bigger picture. As TT said, you have not reached a healthy BMI yet, and unless you are a body builder! I woulod continue at least until you do. Your health will thank you for it even if those around you don't.
Good luck and enjoy that holiday.
Gina

Thanks all of you for your comments, I knew what you would say and I know I need to continue, for ME. I have spoken to my OH and told her that I will continue until I get to goal and then we will discuss how I look and feel at that stage, she has agreed to that but all the other people chiming in last night did not help my cause at all. Anyway, like you say it is up to them what they think but will not deter me in the least. Thanks for your support - not often I need to call on it but I know it is there when I need it.
Bren xx

Hello Quak, I'd just like to say - GO FOR IT! Like you I'm quite petite shall we say and have lost just over 6 stone. People are always saying 'I hope you've stopped now - you'll look ill.' Well I'm going for another 7lbs and if they don't like it tough! I don't feel ill, I feel fantastic! That 7lbs will not make me underweight and I know I look ok now but it's WHAT I WANT! To be honest, I'm just going to do it and not mention it because nobody will notice anyway as it's such a small amount! Good luck and have a fabulous holiday!

hi ya
It must be so nice being told your getting skinny, enjoy it while you reach your goal. You have done so well.

Wow Arwen - that's amazing. I had wondered how you were doing as I hadn't seen you posting much. Was worried you were having problems, but clearly not. That's fantastic!

Back