Bella's Marathon Training

Ah thank you! :) I'm doing it to raise money for cancer research and also to help me lose weight and tone my legs! I needed some new motivation and always admire people who do the marathon but never thought about entering myself because it would be too difficult to run that distance, but when I saw this challenge, something inside me clicked and I just had to sign up for it! I must admit, I've had a few moments over the last week where I've had mini panics thinking I'll never do it, but it's early days still so as long as I stay focused and stick to the training programme, I should be ok. :)

I haven't had a chance to update on this week yet so here goes:

Week 2, Day 1:

Started my walk today with lots of enthusiasm as I am now in week 2, but got really annoyed along my route because my GPS stopped working on my mobile so didn't track the route properly. So had to estimate my milage and calories based on previous routes and I worked it out to be just over 2.5 miles and about 330 cals in 37 mins. I'm going to do the route again some time this week so will have a more acurate calculation.

Week 2, Day 2:
Today I walked with my mum again, this time we stayed around the area where she lives and we tracked 2.49 miles in 42.44 mins and burnt 313 kcals. I then stayed at hers for dinner and had a yummy vegetable stir fry!

Week 2, Day 3:
Today was a morning walk and tracked 2.27 miles in 23.59 mins and burnt 286 kcals. This has been the shortest walk I've done so far, but aim to do a good 3 miles tomorrow to make up for it! Ideally I want to be doing 3 miles a day now, but mornings are bit difficult as I don't have as much time because I need to get to work! Oh well, at least I'm still doing it!

awww good for you raising money for cancer research. What a wonderful charity. :)

Good luck. From the training so far it looks like you'll do really well and if you don't loose weight and tone up doing this then you never will. lol.

xxx

awww good for you raising money for cancer research. What a wonderful charity. :)

Good luck. From the training so far it looks like you'll do really well and if you don't loose weight and tone up doing this then you never will. lol.

xxx
Totally agree with you Rhi,
You have amazing stamina Bella, i love hearing how you are doing with your training.

Thank you, that means a lot! :)

Week 2, Day 4
Tonight I thought I would stuggle with my walk because I was feeling so tired when I got home from work, and almost didn't go, but I am so glad I did because I walked the route I did on Monday when my GPS failed and I completely amazed myself because I did 3.39 miles in 37.09 minutes and burnt a staggering 427 Kcals! That's a record and am feeling so good tonight! :)

hey bella, good to see the walking training is going so well!

:D how long until the actual walk?

Thanks, Gina! :) The walk is on October 1st, so 10 weeks on Saturday!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using MiniMins

ah the day before my birthday! 10 weeks dosent sound that long now! if its 10 weeks for you on saturday, then its 10 weeks and 1 day for my annual fitness event ive signed up for, its on my birthday this year so i want birthday cards from the event manager lol

Ah wicked, what's this fitness event you've signed up for then? Very dedicated to do it on your birthday!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using MiniMins

Week 2, Day 5

Morning walk acomplished! Tracked 2.21 miles in 23.12 minutes and burnt 279 kcals! Think I'm picking up my pace a lot more now!

Week 2, Day 6:

This morning I tracked 3.03 miles in 54.30 mins and burnt 382 kcals. Was a bit of a slower walk today because I did a route that was more hilly that previous walks. My thigh muscles were throbbing by the time I got home...all good though in my efforts to shape them up!

Week 2, Day 7

Today I tracked 2.75 miles in 45.50 mins and burnt 347 kcals.

In summary, this week I have walked 18.64 miles in 4.38 hours and burnt 2354 kcals which is less than week 1 so I have something to aim for in week 3. I want to do 3 miles every day because this is the last week in my preparation period, so I think it's essential for stamina purposes.

Wish me luck!

After the preparation period comes the hard work! Walking changes from every day to about 4 times a week and each session the milage increases and on the days I don't walk, I have to do plank work! Hardcore!

Here is my update for the last 2 days:

Week 3, Day 1:

Tracked 3.16 miles in 54.32 mins and burnt 389 kcals. Great start as my aim this week is to do 3 miles a day!

Week 3, Day 2:

Tracked 2.43 miles in 44.17 mins and burnt 300 kcals. Haven't been sleeping properly for the last few days and struggled to get outside and walk, but I managed it even if it wasn't the full 3 miles I was aiming for. Must do better tomorrow.

even if it wasnt the 3 miles you were hoping to do, its still amazing what your doing!

Week 3, Day 3:

Today I walked with my mum and we tracked 3.11 miles in 57.42 mins and burnt 383 kcals. Was a lovely route along the bike path leading to a really nice pub....thankfully neither of us had any money otherwise we would have stopped for a drink! Felt really good afterwards and managed my target milage too! Yaaaay :)

Yay. Well done on making the 3 miles today. You're doing really well x

Week 3, Day 4:

Today I tracked 3.08 miles in 54.28 mins and burnt 380 kcals. Am so proud as struggled to get motivated again but took a lovely walk around the racecourse again and because the weather has been so nice today, there were lots of people out running, playing football and cricket. Even saw a couple of roller bladers! Lovely! :)

well done!
ive been struggling to be motivated on days like this where its hot and humid, wouldnt even try walking in it. id get half way and give up....

Thanks, Gina. I must admit, when I finally managed to get outside, I thought I'd probably only do 2 miles, but I soon got into it and was actually enjoying myself!

Back