Bella's Marathon Training

i struggled today to find any motivation :(

i feel better now ive been and done a workout though

Well done honey. The fact you managed to do it is what's important! Big pat on the back for you!:girlpower:

im exited to do tommorows workout, so far plenty of motivation!

Thanks SL. I can't believe I've almost finished week 3 already, it's gone so quickly. I must admit, I'm looking forward to week 4 onwards, although it's going to get harder, it won't be everyday so will be nice to have a break every other day! lol

Week 3, Day 5

Tracked 2.14 miles in 36.14 miles and burnt 264 kcals. Only a short walk as had to get to the pub tonight! lol

Week 3, Day 6

This morning was a great walk, lovely weather and was up early, so put on my walking boots and found I couldn't stop, so much so, that I did 4 miles in 1 hour! I am so happy because that's what I want to aim for on the day so the fact that I managed it whilst still in my preparation period is a great achievement. I also burnt 424 kcals! What a great start to the day. Of shoe shopping with my mum today followed by lunch at Nando's so can't wait! :)

Last edited:
wow well done Bella. That's very quick walking to do 4miles in an hour.

Enjoy your shoe shopping. x

lol, I went for a pair of gladiator type sandles with a very small wedge which strap over your feet and round your ankle and have a zip at the back of the ankle! LOVE them! Wore them with my red maxi dress yesterday!

Last edited:
Week 3, Day 7

Short walk today as went to Surrey for the day to a family party so only did 2 miles in 34 mins and burnt 208 kcals.

In summary, this week I have walked 19.92 miles in 5.67 hours and burnt 2348 kcals.

Week 4, Day 1

I am now out of my preparation period which means training gets serious! Instead of walking every day, it is now 4 times a week with increased distances. I set off this evening thinking I had to do 4 miles so tracked exactly that in 1 hour 9 mins & 47 seconds and burnt 493 kcals! I was so happy when I got home and was ready to tick it off my training sheet when I realised this week only entails 3 miles 3 times a week! Oh well, I can’t complain because it’s all good practice!

On days when I’m not walking I have to concentrate on my core and do plank work because this is the perfect exercise to work abdominal muscles and will also build endurance in my back and stabilizer muscles so looking forward to that!

how many days a week do you do the walking bella?

From now onwards it's 4 times a week and the milage on each walk varies between 3 and 8 miles, but Sunday walks are long and they aim to build you up to walking 16 miles by Week 9. xx

wow..... 16 miles.

:O i thought 13 miles was hard work! x

I know! That's the most I walk but then Sunday of Week 10 I have to bear the time/milage of those 16 miles in week 9! I must be mad! lol xx

good luck.... eek

i should have trained for my half marathon walk, literally no specific walking training at all. the next day i had a waddle for a walk x

Week 3, Day 7

Short walk today as went to Surrey for the day to a family party so only did 2 miles in 34 mins and burnt 208 kcals.

In summary, this week I have walked 19.92 miles in 5.67 hours and burnt 2348 kcals.

Week 4, Day 1

I am now out of my preparation period which means training gets serious! Instead of walking every day, it is now 4 times a week with increased distances. I set off this evening thinking I had to do 4 miles so tracked exactly that in 1 hour 9 mins & 47 seconds and burnt 493 kcals! I was so happy when I got home and was ready to tick it off my training sheet when I realised this week only entails 3 miles 3 times a week! Oh well, I can’t complain because it’s all good practice!

On days when I’m not walking I have to concentrate on my core and do plank work because this is the perfect exercise to work abdominal muscles and will also build endurance in my back and stabilizer muscles so looking forward to that!
Hi you my wee *star*
plank work? is that not lying flat on things? dont be doing anything dangerous, dont be making me worry about you little one.

Hahaha, mspiggy, no don't worry, the only place I'm planking is on my bedroom floor! ( sounds a bit rude really, doesn't it!) ;)

Gina, I've been training in the walking shoes ill wear on the day since day 1 but I bet that won't stop me wobbling around the day after!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using MiniMins

Week 4, Day 2

No walking today, only core stability - did plank work 3 x 10 seconds as instructed on the training programme. Found it quite easy to be honest, but not complaining because it gets harder!

Week 4, Day 3

Oh my goodness, so hot and humid today. Thank god for my mum who walked with me because I think I could have easilly stayed at home in the garden with a Vodka and diet coke! I didn't though, and we tracked 3.15 miles in 58.47 mins and burnt 388 kcals!

So happy! :) Found out today my aunty and cousin have signed up to do the walk with me so I'll have some company now! Yaaaay!

Back