Belle's Journey

the folk who run the weight loss group have very poor advertising and marketing skills.last night only a few turned up and the group will run proper as from next week.The woman who runs it also isn't the most charismatic of people so this might be a one off. if so that will be a pity as the idea is pretty good.

Also today , this evening I am going to a 3hour class by Peter Pure Raw food guru at

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gArKRA3LNV4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gArKRA3LNV4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Saf

6a00d8341c678553ef010536cfe4ba970c-450wi

its free.

And there is another talk by someone else who does sprouts and sprouting over the weekend..there are lost of health related seminars and classes around london at the moment, many either free ( introductory) or reasonably priced.

Last edited:
Jay Robb

Since my flight was cancelled and I could not go to the US over easter , himself sent me parcel of Jay Robb..and it arrived a moment ago...the energy bar I just had- cashew and coconut tasted so clean :eek: Its a world away from anything I have had here so far , even CD bars which I like as well.

I also tasted some of the protein mix and again it taste clean..its amazing. When himself told me about the stuff I wan't sure if it was hype or not .its not. Anyway this is what I have

2 boxes of energy bars cashew and coconut , Almond
tubs of
sweet dairy whey
pina colada
strawberry
vanilla

the quality of the whey is such that even lactose intolerant will find it easier to digest

here is a review of the product

its very good... really I wish they had distributors in the uk

went to the peter pure talk last night, I'll do a review reflection in a few days, I got back late and even now I feel pretty zonked..fell out in a major way with my sister who is rapidly turning into a fundamentalist born again christian who can't/won't stop preaching at me...yuck:copon:.

I just decided that I had has enough and that she had to respect the fact that I had my own spirituality and she went into high gear preaching again ..so we have parted ways for however long it takes for her to learn some respect.

it's been an emotionally trying few days since all of this happened over easter -when I ought to have been safely in seattle!

Still, when we did part I could feel the weight of the constant preaching-years of the stuff-falling away...and that has go to be a result.:character00238:

weight loss is about the loss of many things , even a judgemental blood relative.I don't and won't have anyone anymore forcing their beliefs down my throat.

Well done me.

I was watching this on youtube, because I was looking for a great detox clip. Love, love it

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lHxNtcKXR1E&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lHxNtcKXR1E&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I find her pretty amazing

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Hp9JnxIKkU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Hp9JnxIKkU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

:heartpump:/10

being on a diet is boring.I am yet to find away to make this enjoyable, exciting and something I am passionate about. I feel I will need to use youtube more to find talks and more music to keep me going each day. My goal is :waterbottle:/10.

At the peter pure talk, I was reminded of how important it was to be motivated by the joy and passion of the goal/place I was moving towards as opposed to the unhappiness and pain of the goal/place I am moving away from.

I am on a cleanse detox again..and I never enjoy them either, though this time its a mild cleanse/detox, at least for the first few days..fuits, juice and broth.

Given my experiences I am very motivated to know why detoxes are such a pain.Do they have to be?

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kQ5rajJAtlc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kQ5rajJAtlc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

also, since I got enough by going to listen to Peter Pure, I am going to listen to the sprout man today at Conway hall in Holborn

Saturday 10th of April 2010
Fresh Network – A raw food event.
Raw food stalls and lecture by America’s ‘Sproutman’ Steve Meyerowitz.

:heartpump:/10

for me , its best not to be out and about when I am detoxing, though I am glad I went to listen to Mr sprouts yesterday in central london.

Not much to say except that I am continully amazed at how polluted the food supply is and how much it messes with eating habits and the bodies signals. I suspect that many of those who eat emotionally also have hormonal and enzyme imbalances.

I was reading the back of the packs of the low cal stuff I have still. It won't kill me and I know I don't want to throw them away, but even the CD bars I like alot contain stuff I would rather was not there.

there is a lot to do and one thing I don't think I paid enough heed to was the necessity of education.

I am not keen on either a vgan or vegetaterian lifestyle, but I can see going forward how much I will increase the raw and unprocessed percentage in my diet.

He's not the most charistmatic speaker but I guess its hard to make sprouting sexy.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ambr4Twb_Z4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ambr4Twb_Z4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

even fruit becomes boring after a while.. going for my second date at the diet group tomorrow..it starts proper tomorrow.Its quite a good idea, though they actually sell herbal life. to welcome anyone on any diet, they also have slimming world meet up close by..which is interesting of itself.

:heartpump:/13

the group begins today, and I need it just to give me some momentum. I've been very busy as well. Looked at the scales this morning andd felt depressed enough not to want to go in , and then thought, how does that help :break_diet:, it doesn't ,life must not stop for the scales ..and on the postive note, I am still writting, which shows I am far from giving up;)

My lap top is back in the kitchen, it was much easier to blog when it was here . Likewise I might be going to another 3 day seminar on wealth, which once again I'll use as a gateway to health. The 12 week course in Fulham began on wednesday and I learnt alot about protein.

Its a small group ..of two. Well th guy and I decided to buddy up, to be frank, I don't know how ell that will go. He and I have little in common but for the course. The product being sold if one wants to use it is herbal life powder.

in both cases of making testers for us either cranbury juice or banna was added as well as either milk or soya milk..which made me wonder what the nutritional component was , if so much needed to be added. Also its not a meal replacement product. I was advised to go on 1,500 calories a day , whatever diet I am on. They aslo have a dim view of VLCDs.

On the plus side for me was that the woman is touching on subjects per week that represent a mild education. Nto major, more like tidbits. Next week its snacking and water.

Ok gotta clean this kitchen.

:flowers:/2

I told myself I would not begin posting again till I found a real time group that met in london weekly.The reason is simple enough,it was the missing element..and I have found one.Seek and ye shall find, and so I did.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_U_GF71ASRc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_U_GF71ASRc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

What suprised me was how hard it was. The fulham group I joined, just ground to a halt. Besides those who ran it were more concerned about selling herbal life.

The diet club groups did not really touch upon emotions or issues other than the calorie counts or points of food and I never learnt anything I did not already know, the meetings were too short and I never felt I knew the people who turned up, never felt the dynamic created was what I needed.

Lighter life seemed attractive because of the deeper group dynamic format, but I am not any diet product specific fan..and I can't do a huplaloop over powered milk in sachets or bottles and I also feel that while they can be very healthy, they are just a tool, nothing to get evangelical about.Cost is relative so while lighter life seemed high, I would have paid it, if I thought the group format went beyond cbt+buy more of the product.

O/A, well I did drop in and I did not like it..not for me at all.

But just by going to that one meeting I saw a notice for another type of group which semed to be tailor made for me. small, weekly meetings, including phone groups one can access via skpe, mainly USA based.Not all of the principles suit me by any means, some even seem a bit unhealthy , but those I can sidestep.

I feel cyber groups are great but nothing beats a fleshy person grabbing your hand and saying 'ofcourse you can do it and by the way, call'.

Last edited:
:0clapper:/-

Gosh last night I was so hungry, I ate within my calorie count but not what was within my plan for the day, still, I am :0clapper:/- this morning, which is alright. I won't allow the desire for perfection to be the enemy of progress.

A while ago I had my Jay Robb whey protein delievered. I did not have the same milky nausea Ihave with virtually all milk based products, so I am hopeful.

A busy week ahead.Exactly what I need.

:0clapper:/-

sometimes I wonder if there is a mass conspiracy to promote powerlessness? If the times have changed and women cannot be forced back into the kitchen or chained to the role of nourishment provider literally, then chain her metaphorically and psycholocally, ensure she obsesses about food and thinks about it every waking moment :eek:.

and in whatever way possible promote and enhance her sense of powerlessness, infact make sure she repeats to herself on a regular basis that she is powerless.

Jokes aside some of the real time groups out there around food and eating are freakin scarey or sad, depending on my perspective in the moment..The alarming thing is the utter conviction that the person has that they are indeed powerless.

That so many groups should take off with the core thing that holds them together being disempowerment and powerlessness, that folk don't need to look at why they eat but instead cloak themselves in the idea of a disease..wow.The idea that its not me, its the disease..double wow.

well each to their own and whatever works works.

:princess:/12

I set the alarm to wake an hour earlier and I am an early riser as it is. It’s taken me an hour to prepare and set up my nutrition for the day. A whole hour. Then another 30 mins to think on things, to look around YouTube and post here, in total I need 90 mins to set up my day. If I am serious or rather if I am aware.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/82Znw2UYH4c&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/82Znw2UYH4c&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I have just ordered the new Geneen Roth book, since it was reviewed in Oprah magazine. Though I will admit I am less keen on the latest diet- food-eating book than I used to be, but I suspect there is something in this one.

I just became so tired of diet product pushing and pushers. Or maybe that whole world of products and systems has always been wrong for me. I have always wanted to hear from someone who has the capacity and sensitivity to go deeper, some one who can go there to ask the question ‘what is really going on’. And it will differ for each person.

phoned into my first skype telecall this morning, it was 6 am london time 1 am EST so I was listening to a few women talk about night time eating.
over all its a useful tool to have. I was on the line for 30 mins and it cost about 40p of sykpe credit.

The thing that struck me , is that for some people overeating really does present as a highly emotive disease whether they are overweight or not.Also that they are the grips of something far more profound and complex than comfort eating.

As a practical thing I realised that some are housebound or for whatever reason cannot or will not go to face to face meetings so telemeetings are a life-line

Can't believe its been 5 months since I logged in, I thought it was longer than that though... I have been on phone meetings for 5 months, great for talking about emotions, not so great for weight loss, but I have certainly spoken, heard and been through stuff!

Got one of those happy birthday auto mails from minimins this morning.

well I am officially 28, no ifs or buts .

the last time I was 28 I was a pretty clueless gal,now I am a slightly more clued in gal.

now to go look see through the site.

Bella Bella, keeping on keeping on...

:553:/2

the thing is, there is nothing as efficient for me as a core VLCD .

Every other diet or variation invariably leads back to eating. Even if the core is 3/4 drinks and a small meal.. its still best if there is a structure to the programe that I do not have to think about..i.e the shakes.

I got some lactate tablets last time I was in Seattle, didn't really need them as I was on the Cd original formula which for some reason I was not intolerant too. I liked some of the original formula, especially the orange and the egg-nog, but not the strawberry or the chocolate, both were very chemically.

The bars seemed sweeter and I really enjoyed the oatmeal, so much so I had to stop having it.

In my time there I realised how fortunate UK CD dieters are, they do not have CDCers at all, you just go pick up your supplies or order on line and that is it. No phone support even.:(

First things first, get into ketosis.

:dooney:/3

All told yesterday was a quiet birthday, though my birthday tipple has put on a lb. I'll accept that for the day that it was . Today is another, one day at a time. I think Saturdays are the best day for reviews, and I have a weight and food meeting at noon. I also feel quite bloated.My goal for this week had been to get under :dooney: which I have not done, principly because there has been zero exercise component and I am/was having a small meal ( maybe not so small) with CD.

I was thinking of the biggest loser program and how the contestants almost have to go through a self shaming routine at the first weigh-in. I find it distaseful.

Anyway, today some walking and 1 hour of theta healing.

:dooney:/-

I just need to get under :dooney:. But over night 3lbs of water seems to have gone bye bye.Still, I never feel I am started till I am in ketosis and I don't get into ketosis unless I plan those 3 days like a clockwork operation.

Today I am going somewhere which is basically all day mediation but which will be serving an elaborate buffet lunch.Ok its vegetarian so nothing to get excited about, but I have been in that place before ( in my head) where humous becomes magic.:sigh:

Yesterday I went to my eating and food group...well I did not ,actually..I got there early and was writing in my journal and as I watched people go into the room for the meeting, I simply voted no. I stayed where I was and kept on writing. They are such a grim group, I rarely hear anything positive and I felt so angry with the negativity.

Anyhow by not going in I actually had a good time.Besides I had already attended some other meetings which were far more upbeat.

Gotta find my ketostix.

Last edited:
Back