Belly Dancing

Just to let you know Kath, I tried ringing both of the belly dance class leaders in my area on Friday but no answer on either number so I sent them both emails. I'll ring again on Monday afternoon if Ive not heard back from them.

I popped to Kingstanding LC today and they had a belly dancing poster on the wall - Mondays at 10.30 debbiewilliams.co.uk Home Page: :)

I can do that day and time, how about you?

debbie williams is one of the ladies I emailed. Not had a reply from either of them yet by the way.

Im off to kingstanding LC in a bit as thats where I go to the gym. Monday is ladies night 6 - 7pm

I'll see if I could get one of my sisters to have Zoe for me on Monday mornings and get back to you. Just checked out her website and the monday class looks the best.

Ooh, actually, Ive just remembered that there is a creche at KSLC. I'll get the details while Im at the gym tonight.

debbie williams is one of the ladies I emailed. Not had a reply from either of them yet by the way.

Im off to kingstanding LC in a bit as thats where I go to the gym. Monday is ladies night 6 - 7pm

I'll see if I could get one of my sisters to have Zoe for me on Monday mornings and get back to you. Just checked out her website and the monday class looks the best.

Ooh, actually, Ive just remembered that there is a creche at KSLC. I'll get the details while Im at the gym tonight.

Fab :D

Another website for you.... instructional videos.. :)
Video: Egyptian Belly Dancing : Posture from ExpertVillage

Lesley how did your class go last night?

WL8S - I've just thought this morning, the kids break up soon so that means I'll have my boy at home! Not sure the creche is open whilst the kids are off school, I'd have much rather done a daytime one but can't do it during the school holidays :eek: Really want to go still though, so if there's an evening one you can do I'm in! Kath x

Oh Bum, I hadnt thought of the school hols. Ive had a look on that lady's site and the only other one I could do would be the wednesday night at mere green as I work on tues and thurs nights. Its a bit of a treck but Im up for it if you are.

Yes I'm up for that :)

I have to confess to not going last night... I have problems with my back.. and by the time I'd driven home from work I struggled to get out of the car... so I'm crossing my fingers for next week instead, and meantime wondering if I should up my painkillers again to make it easier. It will straighten out eventually, but it'll take time! :)

Hi Kath

Great news, Ive finally managed to get hold of debbie williams about the belly dancing at Mere Green.

She is doing a summer school for 4 weeks, starting next weds at 8.30pm. The cost is £5 per week or £15 for the course if you pay up front.

I think that would be a great way to get a taste for it, without having to commit to a full term. The next term starts in september so if we like it we can book in for that.

what do you think?

Hi Kath

Great news, Ive finally managed to get hold of debbie williams about the belly dancing at Mere Green.

She is doing a summer school for 4 weeks, starting next weds at 8.30pm. The cost is £5 per week or £15 for the course if you pay up front.

I think that would be a great way to get a taste for it, without having to commit to a full term. The next term starts in september so if we like it we can book in for that.

what do you think?

Ooh yes, let's do the summer school, sounds fab to me :D

I went to my first class last night - I had a fab time and it's a great workout!

I'd get one of those jangly coin scarves - really helps with the hip wiggling!

Hope you enjoy your class!

Jem :)

I went to my first class last night - I had a fab time and it's a great workout!

I'd get one of those jangly coin scarves - really helps with the hip wiggling!

Hope you enjoy your class!

Jem :)

Ooh glad you enjoyed it - I'm quite excited now, although I am absolutely crap at dancing and have no rythm at all :eek:

I've just been to my 2nd belly dancing class :)
1st was Monday! I'm going again next monday and I want to start the tuesday class too.

Am I trying to do too much? Is it possible to get all wiggled-out? ;) :)

I'm all set-up with monday and tuesday classes now, but I'm enjoying it that much I want another class later in the week..... but can't find one! Bother!!! I've found a whole load of video clips on Youtube I practice with too... performances for inspiration and loads of instructionaly clips with very well demonstrated moves... bril for helping get right anything you find harder.
Oh and I've been buying too... a skirt, leather slip-on dancing shoes, scarfs, a jingly fancy belt.... it's great fun!!!
Just have to say thank you to all you girls for getting me interested in this cos I'm loving it and have found an interes for LIFE!!!!!

I'm all set-up with monday and tuesday classes now, but I'm enjoying it that much I want another class later in the week..... but can't find one! Bother!!! I've found a whole load of video clips on Youtube I practice with too... performances for inspiration and loads of instructionaly clips with very well demonstrated moves... bril for helping get right anything you find harder.
Oh and I've been buying too... a skirt, leather slip-on dancing shoes, scarfs, a jingly fancy belt.... it's great fun!!!
Just have to say thank you to all you girls for getting me interested in this cos I'm loving it and have found an interes for LIFE!!!!!

that's brilliant Lesley! Well done, great to hear you enjoying it so much :)

Back