Belly Dancing

Kath

Water water everywhere
Ok, so I know my belly does it's own dance :giggle: but I've always wanted to have a go at belly dancing.

Does anyone else do it?

I dont do it, but have always fancied giving it a go........I do have plenty of belly to jiggle around....hee hee

I dont do it, but have always fancied giving it a go........I do have plenty of belly to jiggle around....hee hee

He he me too, mine is particularly delightful as it has that saggy sole source look about it and plenty of silvery stretchmarks too :giggle: I'd have to strap it all in if I did do belly dancing :giggle:

I would really love to do it though, supposed to be great for toning your belly too

Oooo me too! I'd love to try it!! There's nothing near me though.... I have been wondering if it would be fun learning with a DVD?????? Kinda the only choice I have for now.

It's great fun! I've got a DVD although it's more for teaching technique rather than an actual class on DVD. Search on Amazon for "Belly Twins" though and you should find Neena and Veena Bidasha's aerobic bellydance stuff. They're not the only bellydance videos but they are pretty popular at the moment.

ive always fancied belly dancing as well kath. If you find a local class let me know - I might just come and join you.

Ooh that would be fab! I'd love that :) Ooh actually there is one in your area on a Tuesday night I think. I'll try and find out more info :)

Kath, I work on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday evenings - so that only leaves Mon,wed,fri or Sunday. I dont mind a bit of a drive.
I'll get on google tomorrow and see what I can find. A friend of my sisters used to do it, I think that was in Kingstanding.

Ooh well that would be fab, not far from me at all! Let me know how you get on :)

Kx

I'm scared ;)...... Found a class with a lovely lady on monday evenings.... she's very helpful and wants me to go early first time so she can assess what I can and can't do comfortably, so she offer alternative moves where needed (I've got a false hip joint, still not got full muscle power from op) ...... But there's no-one to go with me so I gotta swallow hard and go in alone :eek:

I'm scared ;)...... Found a class with a lovely lady on monday evenings.... she's very helpful and wants me to go early first time so she can assess what I can and can't do comfortably, so she offer alternative moves where needed (I've got a false hip joint, still not got full muscle power from op) ...... But there's no-one to go with me so I gotta swallow hard and go in alone :eek:

Ooh wow fantastic! Let us know how you get on :)

Just to let you know Kath, I tried ringing both of the belly dance class leaders in my area on Friday but no answer on either number so I sent them both emails. I'll ring again on Monday afternoon if Ive not heard back from them.

Ok thanks chick, hope they've got something that suits us - my friend's been doing it for a while now (she's lives Stourbridge somewhere) and her stomach is almost flat :eek:

my friend's been doing it for a while now (she's lives Stourbridge somewhere) and her stomach is almost flat :eek:

WOW really???? :eek::D sounds good !!!!

I found a website that explains it's very good for anyone with a bad back... where I'd have thought it a problem, aparently it helps and improves it.
Belly Dance and backache

WOW really???? :eek::D sounds good !!!!

I found a website that explains it's very good for anyone with a bad back... where I'd have thought it a problem, aparently it helps and improves it.
Belly Dance and backache

Great website! I used to suffer with my back before I lost my weight, it was always going. Usually when I was in the shower and I'd get stuck and have to wait for the pain to pass.

Luckily that all went with the weight :D

Back