Bellys gonna get me! -Glens Diary-

geeez, i used to diet succsesfully with 1000-1200kcal per day, but i'm a girl, you as a big man with less then 500 kcal, mhhhmm, i dunno.. if you are not getting enough kcal your body is burning down muscles and we don't want that, huh? :)
take care ;)

Gah no weight loss today,obviously down to that piece of Lasagne,1 day left and still 15 stone 10lb,so aiming for 15 stone 8lb.

lol was fighting home cooked lasagne tonight myself.. didn't give in thank goodness but boy it smelled goooood! :8855:

Well done on the losses glen and the new goal! :D

lol reading the galaxy made a certain name come into my head.. begins with a b and ends in a d.. lol but i don't mean it!! Just LOVE galaxy! lol

Maybe I'll treat myself to a mini-galaxy egg for easter ;) probably not!! lol I'll be at goal in the summer.. I'm determined to stay strong! :)

wouldn't have your willpower if I binged one day I'd binge the next..and the next! lol

Thought of you today and your six pack.. I'm a lot heavier than I should be for my height still but tensed my tummy today and could actually see 'progress' on the top half!! :D Karate must be helping :) My tummy muscles are pretty good up top (due to riding in the past, swimming now and karate) but haven't actually noticed that for a long time (not that i'd bothered looking admittedly). ;)

Anyway.. well done mate!

Stress?! Poo to it, it really messes with the head and the body...

Take it easy and be flexible...you're doing GREAT!

Just moved the goal posts a bit,I'm aiming for 200lb/14 stone 4lb and set my goal to the middle of March so loads of time to lose 1 stone 6lb i average about -5lbs a week (After my weekend gain so I'd say the goal was pretty attainable)

:ignore: :rant2: :asskick: :nono: :d'oh: :hmm: :snooty:

so when do you stop?? when you got an eating disorder?? you set yourself a reasonable achievable goal...only to lower it? why?? :rant2:

so when do you stop?? when you got an eating disorder?? you set yourself a reasonable achievable goal...only to lower it? why??

You sound like my boyfriend totty! I have reset my goals like Glenbo (because losing the weight wasn't all I wanted to achieve)...but I am more flexible, if I get there I do, if not I just plod along...and experiment...

I suppose someone so determined can come across as obsessive. I was labelled as such a couple of times, but then when I see the REALLY obsessive people, this is nothing in comparison. Eating disorders don't just happen either, even if you are extremely dieting...

It sounds like Glenbo has it all in hand, concern is a good thing to hear though, it means that people are actually taking notice of what we are doing...

I was just wondering Glenbo (gee I have all these daffy questions)...does the carb load set you up properly for all the weight training and cardio in the week? I have tried this method only to slump badly at least one day of the week (usually Thursday, but sometimes the first day back to training). It might be because I am doing heavy rowing sessions (45 mins +) and still do spin class (45 mins), so I am doing cardio 4 to 5 times per week. I weight train Mon - Fri as well. Does the body have to adapt to the cyclical diet do you think?

And lastly a two pronged question: where did you get your diet plan from initially and is it tailored to your specific goals?

I don't see how it can cause a eating disorder,I just wanna look good.

looking good isnt always about looking thin!

To achieve what i want i need to get my body fat% down to about 4% and at the moment im about 14%..

I wish you all the luck in the world, but i bet you cant maintain it forever....i see so many people on a day to day basis who have all the long term dreams/goals in the world...but have failed as its too hard to maintain....will you be happy at 4% ...or would you want to take it to 2% then...etc etc...do you get my point?

Human body is designed to eat Meat and Veg,potatoes are not natural food for us as animals,we just decided they taste nice and started eating them..

Actually, we are not designed to eat meat, our teeth are not that of carnivores. We have teeth designed to chew on vegitation.

What about those people on atkins who dont touch any carbs at all for years at a time? This diet contains carbs...lots of them..just not crap carbs...

The body NEEDS ...notice i didnt say WOULD LIKE...i said needs...carbs to function properly. Without them on a long term basis you do nothing but harm yourself.

And yes i am concerned, i see and chat to so many people who have what can only be described as an OCD when it comes to food/training (i work with one)....and yes, i would call it obsession...but there are worse things out there than you could be atticted to than training!!!!!

One girl in the gym last night i over heard saying to her mate "well just do what i do, and dont have any dinner at all, i am always too busy for breakfast...so only eat lunch...its great for weight loss!"

silly girl ...

looking good isnt always about looking thin!

I wish you all the luck in the world, but i bet you cant maintain it forever....

....Thought this was weight loss support forums,not somewhere where you write down what you do then get told its pointless.

I dont want to be thin,i want low bf% my arms are just under 16.5" natural....no roids,no protien powders,no growth hormones.

Thats not skinny.

Before i started this diet...guess what? my arms were just under 16"

I'm GROWING not dieing ffs.

I'm annoyed now,what the hell kind of support is telling me i'll get fat again anyway,this last 2 years is the only time i have ever had any problem with this because of my ILLNESS which caused me to become agrophobic and the fact i was getting no exercise on top of eating to many carbs i jumped from 13.5 stone to 17 stone 8lbs from june 2006 to january 2009.

I give up,see ya round ppl.

firstly, your reading it completely the wrong way, i didnt say that you couldnt do it, i said that you have to be 100% committed 100% of the time to maintain a bf as low as 4%...and even proffesional body builders give up at some stage, as it just isnt possible. think about it, they do it as a proffesion, you on the other hand, have a lovely mrs, 4 lovely children which also take up most of your time surely.

I dont know alot about depression, so really cant comment, but seeing the way you are, and the way you "throw" yourself into things, i would hate for you to set yourself an unachieveable goal, and not be able to reach it! i know what you will think...you will think you have failed, and that will send you spiralling!!!!!....you set yourself a wonderful, achieveable goal, you have done fantastic and nearly achieved it, you look great, why cant you be pleased with yourself, and just think "yes i have made it now! i look good, i feel good!" plus...you already have it sussed on how to maintian!

Back