Benefibre

WelshCupcake

Hi all :) Is this allowed on atkins? It has wheat dextrin as an ingrediant and was not sure whether this is ok so thought I would check in with the experts. Feeling a bit backed up so need something easy to get hold of.

If it's fibre it won't make any difference but I think it has a very small carb count? 0.5g per serving or something? Also it's likely to be soluble fibre which (apologies for the graphic nature of this post...) acts as a sponge but doesn't push it out. You might be better with insoluble fibre which is best from veg! Or get some Blue Diamond Almonds (6g fibre a packet) or some Joseph's pitas which have a noticeble fibre content. Or have a MiM! Linseeds are packed with fibre.

Thanks james :) I have been on the MiMs but needed something extra. I will get some pysilium husks when I am in town just wanted something easy to use until I can. Maybe will have a mim in the morning instead of my usual omelette but worried it won't fill me til lunch.

I've been using it since day 1 and it's recommended on several ketogenic VLCDs so it shouldn't cause you a problem. If you're bunged up though you don't want fibre as fibre bulks things up and makes it harder to go. Stay off the fibre, take a laxative, then start the fibre to keep you regular.

(oh the wealth of info you learn on vlcds)

I've been using it since day 1 and it's recommended on several ketogenic VLCDs so it shouldn't cause you a problem. If you're bunged up though you don't want fibre as fibre bulks things up and makes it harder to go. Stay off the fibre, take a laxative, then start the fibre to keep you regular.

(oh the wealth of info you learn on vlcds)

How very true about the VLCDs! ha ha x

Thanks everyone I got some senokot and have had some relief but gonna to carry on for a few days as still feel bunged up.

Back