Ben's Big Battle with Junk Food

EEUUUURGH!
I have man flu. But I'm not being that dramatic.
I'm not particularly well, really bad sore through, cough and bit of a temperature. I think this has been partly through worrying about my new job (will I be good, will the classes behave? etc...) and haven't been sleeping at all, so I've got some night nurse which has a sleep helping drug in it!

So, as soon as I've finished watching 'Britain's Fattest Man' i'm off to bed! Night! :)x

Hi Ben --

I remember those days -- when you first start teaching all those vermin ridden kids infect you and you are constantly fighting off something. Drink lots of fluids -- and maybe have some low salt bullion or clear soup.

Feel better soon.

MM

P.S. I can tell already you'll be a wonderful teacher, because you actually care about how you are going to do. And, the American rule of thumb for discipline is "You can always loosen up, but it is impossible to tighten down." So, remember -- you are not there friend -- you are the "parentis locus", so be the "ADULT in the room." You want their respect.

Hi Ben --

Any better? I wish I could make you some nice soup and bring it over to help. Thank goodness it's the weekend and you can just make it through the day and rest up.

Did you get a flu shot? If not, it is probably too late to get one now-- but ask your GP just in case. And, in the future, you might want to get one -- because as a teacher YOU WILL BE EXPOSED. At the American Post's school -- they actually had the hospital staff come in October and give everyone (teachers, staff and students -- with permission) a flu shot. They have had no outbreaks or unusal levels of absentism. At the local British Primary School -- almost 50% of the childrean were out ill the in early December.

MM

Hey!
Not too much better, lots of coughing and lots of straining of my voice. I was teaching Food Tech for the first time today and had to shout a fair bit (it wasn't the most inspiring lesson!) so that didn't help. But I've been on the Day nurse and will try and get a good long lie in tomorrow! Can't wait.

Might try and make my own veg soup for this week. Nice nil point soup, even though, I've not been anywhere near the top of my points in ages!

Hi Ben,

I hope a restful weekend with lots of fluids helps. Yuck -- doing food tech when your unwell can't be much fun (and for the first time).

The soup sounds like a good idea. You can make a big pot - and if you have freezer space -- you could freeze it in meal size containers to take it to work.

It'll thaw in time for lunch and you can warm in in the mircowave.

I did that when I made my own baby food -- well, not my baby food... but food for my kids.

My mom was tough, but she did not make me fix my own food before I could walk! LOL

MM

OK.
Big news people.

I got into 36" jeans today.
SOOOO happy.

May be a fluke. But I'm going with it.

Woop-di-woop.

Also, started band for the first time since mid Dec and I can't believe how many people said I look like I've lost weight. it's ace!

Going to bed now
night!!
x

WOOOO! Well done Ben, that's brilliant news x

Cheers, LL.
Got sidetracked from bed by Grey's Anatomy... haha
x

Hi Ben --

Congrats on the smaller jeans! Yeah! And, it is nice to know that shows (good on your bandmates fro noticing).

I love "Gray's Anatomy". Was it the new series opener?

I hope you have a good weekend.

MM

Hi

Just found your diary, i lost over 5 stone with ww a long time ago , but since ive put a lot back on :mad:( (my fault not ww)

Loving your diary posts ive now subscribed !

BEst of luck
lisa x

Ps........... love greys anatomy too !, i soo wana be meridith ! and snuggle upto mcdreamy every night lol

Just watching the Season 6 finalé.
It's so sad!! :( :( :(

ahh yes i know ! sad sad sad, hate the stupid post it note marrige she has with derek i mean come on !! marry the guy lol

Haha! I know. I've just seen the start of Season 7 with the Hunt/Yang wedding. It was lovely.
THAT's a wedding. Not a silly post-it-now-we're-married thing.

And I really want Bailey to be happy again, she's been through some right s**t!!!

I know poor bailey, but shes let a good man go there !, i loved yangs wedding so cosy and informal very romantic :mad:).

And i sooo want meridith to have a baby with derek, awww god i live in lala land lol

Just updated my gallery with photos so far!

Just finally worked out how to put pictures side by side...! :)

33368-albums2898-picture17283.jpg

33368-albums2898-picture17282.jpg

Hi Ben --

I followed the link on the prev. post -- and you look even more silm in the side view. It really shows off the whittled waistline!
FAB!!!

MM

Back