Ben's Big Battle with Junk Food

haha! I did see the new series - but I was naughty and watched the brand new ones when they aired in the US with my housemates.

We're all music students/graduates - and we were bored enough one day to actually do our own version of 'Teenage Dream' in garageband... soo g[l]eeky, but soo amazing.

Ive never seen glee ? am i missing something amazing ?, ive heard lots about it.

Well i rejoined ww tonight, ive lost over 6 stone with them in the past and i have to do it again :mad:(, but im feeling positive and hopefull !

DId you watch the biggest loser uk ? wow 4 sessions a day in the gym ! so much for starting of gentle lol

Yeah I watched it. Was great! :) So good losses... although the orange team annoyed me a lot!

Glee. Is amazing. Watch watch watch...! :)

Those pictures show you're doing great Ben;)
Keep up the good work!

xx

I will def watch glee, yeah i know what you mean about the orange team i felt like slapping them lol

yes lisa glee is great ,though i think the 1st series was the best. Ben I got in2 it when my daughter started watching it she s really in2 her music and hoping that the uni she hopefully gets a place in (she s waiting 2 hear if she got a medicine place)september will have a glee club.We re both gleeks and proud off it lol

Hi Ben,

I hope your work week started off well and the kids aren't being too much.

I watched Glee last night: LOVED it! Been loving it. I'm a total Gleek, too.

You know they are coming to the UK on tour, don't you?

MinnieMel

Last edited:
Wow, in 2 months that made a difference! You look amazing!

glad u liked it minniemel,yeah but there missing out belfast on there UK tour :-( there playing in Dublin ,thinking about going 4 the weekend The script r playing the night b4 glee,but im trying 2 save 4 Rome in march and hopefully Loire valley in June,Decissions decissions lol

@benji55 --

You Europeans crack me up! Living in these tiny little countries. It is about a 2 hour train side to get from Belfast to Dublin... we used to go to school, get in the car, drive 3 hours to Biloxi, Mississippi or five to New Orleans to go to a concert. And, that is ONE WAY!!!! Heck, we'd drive 63 miles one way for better doughnuts (hey, that might be one reason I am doing CD now?). LOL

Hi Again, Ben -- Sorry to have hijacked your diary. MM

Ben you look totally amazing - well done. The hair really suits you in your new black shirt pic too - you look a lot younger xxx

Awww. Thanks! I even felt the need to grow a little bit of a beard to make me look 'older' for my lovely GCSE classes, so they don't think I'm 12...!

It's 16 days until graduation and 3lbs until I reach 14 stone something and 5lbs until I've lost 3 stone altogether. This could just happen!

Just a quote from someone on my facebook (which co-incidentally is www.facebook.com/bentubb

"Tubbway. Has someone locked your fridge, or hidden your knife and fork" is probably the best compliment I'm ever going to get from Graham Starr."

:D

Just a quote from someone on my facebook (which co-incidentally is www.facebook.com/bentubb

"Tubbway. Has someone locked your fridge, or hidden your knife and fork" is probably the best compliment I'm ever going to get from Graham Starr."

:D

That's hilarious:)

And now you can proudly answer that you did it yourself.

I actually turned round and said that I had my jaw wired!
I love being a bander. The banter's legendary! :)

Absolutely loving your diary! Am so pleased for you and going down a jeans size. And it really is the best feeling when people notice that you've lost weight!

thanks for everyone's lovely lovely comments.
I promise that I will do a proper diary entry very soon.
I've just started my new job so have been really busy and I'm tired all the time and don't have the concentration to sit down and write!

Probably be on sunday evening after the wedding!! :Dx

I love your before and after pictures love, you look fabulous! I understand about being tired all the time. I started my first teaching job recently and it knocked me for six.

Right.
I am tired. Always tired. I wake up tired. I teach tired. I go home tired. I watch TV because I'm too tired to go to bed, and when I'm in bed I'm too tired to fall asleep. All in all, I'm pretty shattered. Especially as my weekends aren't sacred this month as I've had a wedding last weekend, playing a concert in Lincoln next weekend, got 2 premières of my pieces the weekend after and the weekend after that I've got a concert in Huddersfield. So lie-ins, and sleeping are at a minimum at the moment, but I'm plodding on through.

So, where do I stand in my weight watchers journey? Apart from 39lbs lost, I now only have 28lbs to go. Just 2 more stone. I am over half way and feel absolutely amazed by it. People at band think that I look good now and just need to tone, that my face is a lot skinnier now. One of my Year 10 pupils asked me why she had to do PE and I replied: 'So you're not fat like me!" and she commented that I wasn't fat. That was really sweet and nice. It's these comments that spur me on. For myself I definitely want to lose a bit more. I am 1 measly pound away from being 'Overweight' and not obese. This is going to be a big day for me, as it will mean that I am into the next stone bracket down (14 stone), into the next BMI category down and ever closer to my next, illustrious silver 7. I have 3lbs to lose to gain it, shouldn't be long!

So, had the wedding last weekend all the way down in Bournemouth. (On a side note I've managed to hurt my thumb on my right hand - almost certain it's something to do with me biting my nails - so my hand is telling me to press space with my index finger and not my thumb - it's so confusing!) It was lovely to see all my family and show of the interim version of myself. Got so many good comments and felt absolutely great in myself, in my bargain £25 suit. Great weekend. Food wise, was just soup, roast dinner and a few profiteroles and then a few sandwich triangles (which taste better than square ones), a pizza cube and a small sausage roll from the buffet for tea. Was on Diet coke all night and consequently was really on plan. Also managed to lose 2lbs that week to, which is good. Not as good as my previous losses, but I fear the plateau may be approaching. Just need to diet on through it.

New job is going really well. All my classes are absolutely lovely, except one, but it's a class I have to teach that isn't even in my subject area. The kids don't want to learn, I don't want to teach it, and consequently it's an hour every week I dread as their behaviour is appalling. BUT hopefully SLT will be in next week to sort it out and I might be able to get them to finally do some political worksheets or something.

Exciting news though. I have a job interview in February. In New York, USA for a private school teaching music full time. My current job ends in April, so I'd have to do supply for a bit, but it would fit in perfectly. I'm young enough to immigrate for a few years minimum, I love America, and the school really want me, just need to meet me face to face. So I'm flying out for half term. Just need to book it tomorrow, as I'm so tired now I'll probably end up booking the wrong year! Once I've had the face to face thing done, the school can get onto the immigration attorney to start the Visa application. really excited. Scared too, but excited at this moment in time.

Right, so i'm off to bed now. I love Wednesdays and Thursdays - they're two of my favourite days at school so hopefully I can chill out. Have nothing on tomorrow evening either, so can veg in front of the TV and get an early night! :)

xxx

Back