Bernie's September Bride Diary

berniegray242

Hi everyone,

I've been doing TS for 2 weeks (second WI tomorrow) and thought it might be a nice idea to actually start a diary... have been posting on and off here and there but hopefully this will give me some motivation :)

Anyway a little bit about me. I'm 27 and live in Cardiff and will be marrying my lovely man on 3rd September this year. I have my dress ordered but need desperately to lose 2 inches off my waist for it to fit!!! Since January I have been dieting on WW and SW (followed both plans to the letter but only managed to lose a stone in 6 months and very little size off my waist) so thought now would be a good idea to try a VLCD for fast results... and I'm pleased I did!

I lost 5lbs in my first week and think I'm due a 4 lbs loss this week :) I've started swimming too (although I'm not great at it!) and hopefully this will tone my waist up.

I plan to TS untill 3rd august as this will be 2 months on plan and 1 month till my wedding. I then intend to go up to WS and SS one week each and then follow WW/SW for the 2 weeks till the wedding as I will need to get used to eating carbs again before the wedding and honeymoon so I don't quickly pile the weight back on straight away!

On the actual honeymoon I intend to just eat/drink what I want - it's a once in a life time holiday after all and I'm staying in a 5 star Jamacian resort that's all inclusive so I have to try everything ;)

After that I intend to either do a few weeks TS to get the weight off quickly or SW/WW for a slower loss. I know I'll always have to follow one of these plans or I'll pile the weight back on but I can live with that... It's pretty much the 80:20 good:bad ratio...

Anyway I think I've whined on quite enough!

Speak soon xxx

Hey Hun

Starting a diary is a great idea :)
Congrats on your wedding. I'm
Sure you'll get them inches off by then :D

Good luck for WI tomorrow xx

Thanks... Hopefully you're right about those inches, they're pesky little things!

So week 2 done and I'm down another 4.5lbs making 9.5lbs altogether!!!

Also 3/4 of an inch off my waist so only another 1 1/4 inch to go and my wedding fits and I can stop worrying (had a letter from the bridal shop after purchasing my dress telling me it was not company policy to let out a dress and will only take the dresses in as part of their adjustment package! Very stressful! Especially as I couldn't get a bigger dress as there would be too much fabric to take in from the other parts of the dress if I did.... I don't even have a strange body shape or anything!)

So next week I'm aiming for a 3.5lbs loss to take me into the 10's :) Although I'll be happy with any loss...

Off swimming in a bit... I'm not a good swimmer by any strech of the imagination but I'm doing a plan on the swimfit website where I increase my lengths gradually. Did 6 last time and am going to attempt 8 today - eek! Hopefully it'll help tone up my flabby arms!!

After that I'm coming home to attempt to tidy my house before my brother comes to stay - he's going to my fiancee's stag do tomorrow. The problem being that he doesn't know I'm doing exante. It will be fine tonight as he's not coming till late so I will have 'eaten' by then (plus I'm going to see Avenue Q at the theatre so can say I ate out)and will be able to keep up with it tomorrow as he'll be out with the other half but he's said he want's to go out for sushi tomorrow :S might have to make some big excuses! Either that or just have sashimi and salad...

Anyway better get ready for swimming :)

Ok, didn't go swimming :( was really looking forward to it but had a really upset tummy... It's something I get now and again for no reason - think it might be IBS. Oh well, I'll go swimming tomorrow and Sunday instead.

I think I'm going to have a little relax, watch some being human, then go to the hair dressers and my hair dye allergy text done. At least I'll be getting a 40 min walk for a bit of exercise :)

Hi!

So I'm not on day 17 and everything's going well!

The other half had his stag do on Saturday and I spent my day with my bridesmaid who doesn't know I'm on Exante, and who I don't particulaly want to know... She wanted to go for a meal so decided to go WS and went to Nandos where I had a plain grilled chicken breast with green salad. I was very proud of myself for deciding what I wanted and sticking to it!

I've also started fitting into 14's which is very very exciting! It's so good that the diet is obviously working :)

I also went for my swim which I had to put off due to an upset tummy and managed to swim 8 lengths which is amazing for me!

Very productive few days for Bernie!!!!!!

Hello all!

So had another working solution day today - I was hoping to stick to TS but spent ALL day sorting out wedding flowers with my bridesmaid and felt like I needed something to get me through!

Went to Harvester and had grilled Salmon and green beans - both plain. Also had green salad from the salad bar. I'm still in ketosis so I obviously made an ok choice. I think every now and again I will do WS just to help me through the next month or so. I would rather do that than totally fall of the wagon and go for a carby takeout!

I also don't feel too bad about it as I gave blood this afternoon and I think I would need the extra cals for that - it takes a couple of hundred cals to replenish the blood after the donation... So I actually feel fairly virtuous! lol ;)

Anyway back to work on Thursday so I will br totally on TS when I'm on shift as I have no other choice! I grab food when I get a chance so the bar is fab for me.

Anyway onwards and downwards!!

Hello again!

Today has been a TS day 100% and I'm feeling good! I have had 2 WS days today and after looking at the scales today I have lost 0.8 lbs... I'm a bit disappointed to be honest beause I followed the WS 100% so I haven't really been off plan. Although I guess it's not my weigh in till Friday so maybe it'll be better by then.

Went swimming today and did 10 lengths! A record for me. I'm definately improving :D

I've also got myself a little reward for when those inches I need off are gone - bought myself a full body massage, indian head massage and facial... So when those pesky little inches have gone I can have a day of relaxation. I measure myself on Friday so I can see how far I have to go. Exciting times!

I have wi today and only lost 1lb :( I know I should be ok with that because any loss is good but I'm still not happy...

I wonder if it's because of my 2 ws days this week? If it is I'm a but worried as it's only 2 out of 7 and you're still supposed to lose weight on ws.

I measured myself as well and no major differences to be seen, just half a cm off my waist :(

Anyway can't be too down hearted as I need to get back on it and lose more this week! I am working night shifts the next 3 nights which should make everything a bit easier - I never feel like eating on nights anyway and I can always make sure I get my water.

Back to bed for me!

Bernie x

So the night shifts are over and back to normal life for a while!

Managed to drink 2 - 3 litres a night shift and stuck to my guns apart from one night where I had about 5 chips :( my defences are always low on night shifts... but I did stay in ketosis :D

Feeling a bit bloated today and realised I haven't had a number 2 for about 5 days! I think I need a trip to Tesco for some ducolax tonight!
I went on the scales today and it looks like I'm heading for a gain - I'm hoping it's just for because of the bloating...

Having a WS day tomorrow because I'm going for a meal with a work friend. I'm just going to stick to some chicken and leafy salad again - I love feeling in control when I go out!!!

Bernie x

Well, the ducolax definitely worked! Feeling much less bloated and more positive today :)

Going swimming later before my meal and am generally feeling good today :D x

Hi Bernie,

Well done on your progress so far! It takes a lot of willpower to go to Nando's AND Harvester and stick with healthy options!

Also BIG well done on the swimming. A lot of people don't appreciate it's not just your food habits that have to change - you need to get more active too! And swimming is great because it's an all body workout with very little impact on your joints.

I wouldn't worry about that -1lb loss. The important thing is that it's going the right way and you're doing all the right things. The worst thing that could happen is that it makes you disheartened and you fall off the wagon. You have plenty of time. If you stick with it, you will succeed x

Thankd Cherry Pie! It's nice to know my diary has been read by someone other than me!

The swimming has been a massive challenge for me but it's so nice seeing the results... I can swim further than ever before and I think my arms are looking for more toned.

The -1 was a bit of a downer but I know I have to stick to the plan and that the rest of the weight will come off... 1lb off is far better than 1lb on!

Hope your diet is going well - I see you're calorie counting, how's it going?

Well I had a bit of a boo boo... went out tonight and had a piece of french loaf (about 1.5 inches) and a small potato with my meal :( other than that it was low carb.

Not sure why I had it and I guess I'm now out of ketosis... Oh well back on the horse tomorrow!

Hope it doesn't impact on my friday wi too much

Bernie

I've managed to get back on plan!!! Went back into ketosis yesterday evening so only took 24 hours :)

I had a sneaky peek at the scales and it looks like I'm on route for a loss! Yay!!!

Off swimming in a little bit... It's all go go go!

Swim all done! The longest one yet! Only 11 lengths but I'm still very proud of myself :) I'm following a plan on a site called swimfit.com and it's fab - it's getting me swimming longer and longer and feeling more confident!

I also have a 20 min walk to get to the gym so that's more exercise done!

Called my wedding dress shop today and got told that my dress that should have been here this month won't be in till the end of the month :( At least that gives me longer to lose weight I guess!!!

Week 4 and 2lbs off! That's 12.5lbs off in a months... I'm happy with that :D

Also another 1.5cms off my waist which means only another 1.5 cms till my dress fits perfectly and I can treat myself to the massage etc I've got the coucher for! Good times!

Working today and I'm thinking it'll probably be busy so lots of chances to burn a few more calories... yay :)

Sounds like your doing great!

One word of warning though... not sure if its the same for everyone but when I lose a stone quickly, my measurements dont seem to change a lot, then in a week where I lose the normal 3lbs they drop drastically! It seems like the weight goes but my body size takes a little while to catch up with it, I read somewhere that they believe this is because when your fat goes, the cell is filled with water, which weighs less then fat but keeps the cell the same kinda size, the water disperses over a little time, hence sudden inch loss when pound loss is relatively low, so might be a good idea to have a couple of extra try on's of your dress just incase that happens with you as well, then it will give them chance to take the dress in slightly if needed.

Good luck!

Thanks Sammy!

I've already thought about this... I'm going to lose about 2.5 cms lower than the target for my waist (ie, the exact size of the dress) then slowly go back to 'normal eating'. I intend to slowly reintroduce carbs and then follow either SW or CC... That way hopefully my size should stay relatively stable. If not I've got the extra inch if my waist goes up and a bit of ley way if it goes down (wishful thinking probably!)

This wedding stuff is hard work!!!!

Back