Best Friend Turns Bad

LOL at all you guys!! You have all made me feel much better!

Hi Mel

I've only just seen this thread, but Inhave had similar reactions, particularly from 2 friends, one I used to work with and have known for about 20 years.
Both are tiny and petite, something I'll never be. They don't know each other, but both are struggling with me no longer being the "fat friend" and seem to be obsessed with what size I am.
Even in my family I have had some weird reactions. People are confused even while being happy for me. It certainly does show the true colours.
Good luck, sounds like you are handling it really well.

Mel thoses comments would only give me more determination and drive to succeed.I also have a friend that makes snappy comments
when i lose weight but i tell you that is my drive at the moment so all i can say is bring it on and watch this space.Your not gaunt at all you have a beautiful face and your beauty shines through even more because you are happier in yourself so big smiles on Monday and lap up the good attention you are going to get because when people see you they won't be able to stop them selfs from saying Wowwww they will be jaw dropped.

Big hugs x x x Sam x x x

Mel Darling

I have been thinking about this since I read it today much earlier on. She sounds like a really insecure person and you did exactly the right thing hun. Show her just how strong and amazing you are. Don't worry about your other colleagues either, they will see her for the jealous cow she is. I am more than sure they will be thrilled for you and very supportive of your new choices.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, she will probably make excuses not to see you, and one of the things this diet has taught me, is that sometimes and the weight loss is just the kick start, it is time to move on and forward in your life. I have had a few friends with weird reactions, but for the most part they are all really happy for me. Funny thing is the one's with the weird reactions are the one's I now realise, really are mostly dead wood in my life so sometimes say goodbye to a friendship lovingly, wish them the best - in your head obviously and just move on with your life. You are a star and you deserve the very best!!

Wishing you so much luck for going back to work.

Jez
xx

Well??? How's it going back at work and with HER!!??

I've had problems like this even when slim - once a friend refused to go out with me on a night on the town, after we'd been getting ready together (you know how girls do) and she said "I'm not going because now you look better than me!"

All sorts of motivations can go on with friendships :(

Did she just blurt it out or was it a tearful confession? If it was the latter I'd hang in there and see how it goes. If not, then she's absolutely no friend to you.

You're reacting in exactly the right way, I think. Good on you :) and shame on her if she's only your friend because you were bigger than her. :(

Bee - She said it in a conversational way like she was talking a bout the weather!!

Work was great!! After they stopped staring at me with open jaws they all crowded round to say how great i looked. Ive been back 4 days and they still watch me walk across the office when I get up to go to the printer!! lol Its getting a bit weird now!!

My friend went out on tuesday and bought a new pair of heeled boots to wear to work (she always wore flat dolly shoes) AND has started to wear makeup to work! it did make me smile and feel internally smug that I must look good in my new work clothes as now she is making more of an effort.

Great stuff Melz! I hope you can bottle that feeling and let it out now and then. ;)

I wonder how big her budget is? She going to have to do a lot of spending to keep up with you now!!!:kissass2::D:D

Thanks Foxtrot, that little man really made me laugh!!

Bee - She said it in a conversational way like she was talking a bout the weather!!

Hm. I'm going to have to go away from this thread and post a proper answer when I'm less angry with your "friend"! :mad:

Well done lady :)

Mel i'm glad going backto work has been so successful.
One thing - she ain't no friend!
How did your little one get on at school?

She has been fine thanks Slenda!! I have decided that I do like work, but I dont like having to come home and fit all the stuff I would do in a day into a few hours. So I think Im going to have to find a cleaner lol

Back