Best scales to buy - any tips?

Batgirl

Can anyone recommend a RELIABLE set of scales that I can buy? My scales at home are rubbish - plus the display is so tiny I can't read it when I'm stood up, have to get the kids to tell me the numbers!

At the moment I weigh in at my gym, but today I weighed myself before and after a Body Pump class and had gained 2lb in 45minutes. I know pump class is supposed to build muscle but that is ridiculous!!!! I think the bodybuilding men play with the scales to make themselves feel bigger!

Anyway, would prefer to do a weigh in at home so I know it's the same machine each week but have never had a pair of scales that have worked properly.

Any ideas? Thanks : )

Hi Batgirl,
Can't answer your question as I go to group to get weighed, but just wanted to say can you check the sub forums before you post? There is an off-topic sub forum for threads such as these which are non-SW related (as in not to do with the diet)

this and the weigh in thread will no doubt be moved by the moderators.

I have the Weight Watchers scales......... they measure all sorts of things. Got them in Argos.

i got weight watchers ones as well - don't get the ones that measure fat content - they mess with your head - if your water content goes down the fat automatically goes up - argh!

Thanks ladies for all your posts. I ended up with Salter ones from Argos cos they were recommended by my friend at work (who has lost about 4 stone calorie counting with her doctor - admire her willpower though, she sticks to 1600 calories a day!) I weigh 3lb less on these than on the gym scales but the weight is the same all the time, doesn't vary every half hour, so am going to go with these.

Thanks for all your advice : )

I was going to recommend Salter too! These are the ones I have:

315ulYUi5kL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pretty accurate, and more importantly, consistent (if used on a hard floor).

Back