Best waist reducing exercise?

Bellevie

Morning all,

I know you can't target particular areas of the body for weight loss but wondered if anyone had an recommendations for exercise that seems to help lose the inches on your waist?

I had a quick google this morning and walking seems to be recommended, which is good for me as I'm trying to do about 30 mins a day at the moment but anything else worked well? I'm a bit confused about abs toning stuff as I'm not sure if you need to lose the bulk first before that really helps?!

Am a bit desperate to shift the weight from my middle, especially as I found an old SW book from when I last did it 6 years ago.

The 'good' news was I was 1 1/2 stone heavier then so I haven't let things get quite as bad but I was really surprised when I read my old measurements; my waist was 6" smaller than it is now even though I was much heavier!!!! I know a few years have passed but was pretty shocked that my body shape has changed that dramatically, scary stuff!!

Any ideas/tips most welcome :)

Thanks, Bx

I would suggest Russian twists with a weight of some sort.

I also use Slendertone belt - but thats the lazy route!!!!

Russian twists can be done in the home or at the gym.

Sit down on the floor, raise your knees up, but not right to your chest. Keep your back upright, and your core straight.
images

Get a weight, and then tap it at alternative sides of your body as fast as you can.

I usually do it for 2 minutes as fast as possible, but you may want to do say 50 twists.

This is obviously the 'twist' part - not sure where the russian is?!?!?

To make this more advanced/difficult, raise your legs off the ground slightly whilst doing the exercise.
images

x

x

I will definately be giving russian twists a try :)

I'd of never thought of that and it actually sounds fun :p thanks sausage!

xx

Thanks everyone for all the tips and ideas ... will be giving them ago and hopefully be an hourglass once more, rather than the strange potato sack shape I am now!! ;)

Back