Best way to mix shakes?

scotbean

Hi what's the best way to mix shakes up? Away from home I mean when you can't use the blender!

What is the shaker like and where do you get one? Also is it worth getting an aerolatte will that work?

Grateful for any advice thank you

Janet
Xx

I use a plastic shaker with a stainless steel ball in it to help with the mixing. They sell them on EBay. Look for protein shaker or blender bottle. I find that the original flavours, strawberry, vanilla, chocolate and banana mix better in a shaker than the new ones.

I mix all the shakes in a shaker. I got one of mine from a sports shop and the other from a supermarket.

Local chemists sell them also and hey work pretty well....

Ive always made mine in the blender but to be kind to the family (too noisy at 5am to blend) I used the shaker. Put lots of water in then powder and mixed it into the water with a fork before adding lid and shaking and to my surprise - no lumps and extra exercise shaking the thing ( ok that don't really count :) )

I always put a bit of water in, then the powder, then the rest of the water. That way it doesn't stick to the sides or in the corners.

thanks for all the replies I will look for a shaker on ebay! Just wondered if the aerolatte was any good e.g. for mixing soups/hot chocolate - does anyone have any experience of it before I fork out a tenner!!

Thanks again

Janet
xx

REally? I'm about 90 miles from the nearest Ikea though so no good for me :( I'd seen some on ebay for around £10 which were battery powered so like a mini electric whisk! Not sure if thats the same thing! :)

Exactly the same. And I found it wasn't that good to be honest - the battery power is rather poor.

I'm going to IKEA on either Friday or Sunday - I can have a look and see if they have them in stock and post one to you? I had a look on Amazon and they're charging £6 postage? WTH?

I'll list it on Ebay as a Private auction or something so you know it's legit purchase wise and I'll get a quote for postage from Royal Mail when their website is up? If that would suit you better?

Checked postage and it will be between £1.72 - £1.96 hopefully for postage, so say £2 for postage and £1 for the thingy

That would be fantastic thank you!!!! If you are sure it won't put you out?! I would like to try one. Going to get a shaker off eBay also they seem quite cheap!

How does everyone mix hot soups and shakes normally?

Janet
Xx

Normally I use a stick blender and a measuring jug - takes seconds and a stick blender's about £4 ish from Asda n Tesco.

I'll give you a shout on here when I've got the bits from IKEA and stick it up on Ebay or similar for you.

Anyone else want one?

How does everyone mix hot soups and shakes normally?

Ha, I'm rubbish at that! First hot shake I had I mixed up in my shaker at work and it blew the lid off and made everyone jump :). Since then I've tried just stirring it up by hand with limited success. Someone suggested shaking it up cold and microwaving it which seems like a good idea but I haven't tried it yet as we're not allowed a microwave at work and I tend to have the porridge for breakfast on days that I'm home.

The soups are also ok in the microwave. Mix up with cold water, stir and then heat it up in the microwave. Don't let it boil over tho as I did the first time! :rolleyes: On the odd occasion I have one at work I get hot water out of the drinks machine and then stir the soup into it with a spoon, trying to get rid of any lumps. I find the soups taste a bit powdery tho and I don't know if there is a way where you can mix them up so that the powdery taste diminishes.

Normally I use a stick blender and a measuring jug - takes seconds and a stick blender's about £4 ish from Asda n Tesco.

I bought one of those Asda blenders and I ended up with more shake on the worktop than in the jug. Even on the low setting mine resulted in a tsunami! :)

thanks for all the replies I will look for a shaker on ebay! Just wondered if the aerolatte was any good e.g. for mixing soups/hot chocolate - does anyone have any experience of it before I fork out a tenner!!

Thanks again

Janet
xx

I had one of those....but it wasn't great to be honest and too ages.

Lexie_dog - I was just thinking if u have a paypal account there is no need to list the item on eBay I can just pay you direct and send u my address? xxx

Same thing - I do have Paypal. I'll update you once I've been to IKEA - will be Sunday now.

I bought one of those Asda blenders and I ended up with more shake on the worktop than in the jug. Even on the low setting mine resulted in a tsunami! :)

I put 100ml cold water in the jug then 300 ml boiling. Bang in the sachet. Then the stick blender but I pulse it.

Depending on the jug I've seen me make it up with 200ml water and then top up with boiling water to the 400ml mark

I like my shakes with extra water ...

I make hot shakes by mixing cold then microwaving but have also mixed with very warm water in shaker then topped up with hot from kettle and swirled it around and it was also fine :)

Back