BetsyBotox's Refeed Dairy.

We must report our findings here on Sunday, for research purposes of course ;)

X

Most defo - compare notes an all that! :giggle:

and wow! Bet your overjoyed that your neighbour didnt recognise you!!! :D

Your menus are looking fab betsy expect the carb thing. I know yer having a pitta for lunch but how about introducing some with your dinner like a few potatoes etc? Obv, not if you didnt feel like you needed them but with going to the gym an all that and burning all them extra calories ....and from day 4 of refeed they do mention two lots of carbs .... hope you dont take that the wrong way :confused: xxx

Last edited:
Betsy, that is such a lovely story about the two ladies being so impressed with your weightloss journey. It must have been so nice for you to hear such fab comments and to be able to share your story with them. Interesting about you eating slowly as I find since I started eating again that I eat everything more slowly and savour it. In fact, I find it puts me off to see people wolfing down their food now!!!

hey Betsy,
Thank you for your support and advice for my buffet today. You're a good egg!! If you read my diary you will see that I made a mountain out of a molehill lol, no drama, very healthy day!!!

FANTASTIC about your neighbour!! you do look VERY different in your photos!
I sometimes read snippets off here to my Hubbie, and he laughed his head off about the neighbour!!

fingers crossed tomorrow night will involve passion........ and i don't fall asleep drunk in my cod dinner lol

Bless your little un! You are allowed to call her your baby for life.....I'm still my mum's baby!! Hell, I'm mother to a four-year-old greyhound!!!

Have a good weekend, will probably be back on saturday to describe my champagne.....in the name of research of course!!! xxx

I'm with you all on the research girls ;):):) - Usually Sunday for me though ;)

Tan - I think Betsy does usually have the 2 lots of carbie things - having a baker or a few small pots in the evening as well as a pitta at lunchtime - I think it was this day that was the exception.

Great stories about your neighbour and the gym Betsy - I bet you felt great - and deservedly so!

No problem with the 'rambling' I for one enjoy reading it!

Jury's still out on the running - unfortunately I'm basically a lazy person ..... but I DO remember how good I felt way back when .... hmmmmmm :eek: xx

Ahhhh ok :)

Here's me preaching and i should be taking my own advice really! :eek:

Shouldn't we all???? It's always easier to give it out than listen to ourselves!! :) xx

Betsy, hope the refeed is going well for you. Keep up your great work.

Betsy ........ where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?!!! x

Your a massive inspiration Betsy!! WOW!!!xx

Day 13

Breakfast: LT Maintenance Bar

Lunch: Wholemeal pitta 2 Quorn peppered beef style slices, a tablespoon of Tesco sandwich pickle, lettuce, water cress, cucumber, 3 cherry tomatoes, a bit of spring onion, and a bit of onion. I did the usual - mixed it all up in a small breakfast bowl then filled the pitta.

Dinner: Steamed Salmon, baked potato topped with philly extra light cheese, topped with a sprinkling of chives, cauliflower, broccoli, carrot.

Drinks: 5 litres Water

I bought a few Quorn products, never having tried them before, and I love them! The little peppered style beef slices were tasty, and a lovely change. I bought a little jar of Tesco sandwich pickle to try, and I really enjoyed it all. You only need a tiny bit, and it's full of flavour. I also enjoyed the philly extra light in the spud with the chives. Really enjoying the baked potatoes, they are so filling!

Once again I was full up after eating, but I am able to finish what is on my plate, which is great. I have not felt the need to snack, as I'm more than satisfied with my meals.

Went to the gym, did my usual, felt great afterwards.

Day 14

Lunch: Whole pitta filled with a small breakfast bowl of 2ozs chicken, lettuce, cucumber, water cress, 3 cherry tomatoes, a bit of spring onion and a bit of onion, a dollop of lighter than light mayo and a sprinkle of paprika.

Dinner: Cod fillet, wrapped in tin foil, drizzled in lemon, a grinding of black pepper, a sprinkle of thyme, a small baked potato, a dollop of fat free fromage frais and a sprinkling of chives, mangetout, green beans, cabbage.

Drinks: 4.5 litres of Water

Another day of really enjoying my food! I can't believe I've been off LT for 14 days, time is so flying by since I started eating. I'm still looking at food as my fuel, I've really, really surprised myself.

Went to my weigh in today and I've lost another 2lbs. I'm now in the 9 stones. I think the last time I was in the 9's was when I was 9 years old! I still haven't taken it all in - 9months ago I was 22 and a half stone, now in I'm 9 stone 12lbs! It's a lot to get your head round. When people are admiring your body, and telling you that they wish they had your figure, you're looking over your shoulder thinking they're talking to someone else. I do find the attention very hard to deal with at times, I've always been a 'fade into the background' type of person. I can't seem to be able to do that anymore :(

Went to the gym, did the usual but felt a little off when running, so I stopped. We all have a bit of a cold in this house, so I think I'm feeling a tad rough from that.

Day 15

Lunch: Wholemeal pitta filled with a small breakfast bowl full of prawns, lettuce, cucumber, 3 cherry tomatoes, a bit of spring onion, a bit of red onion, a dollop of fat free fromage frais, a sprinkling of paprika.

Dinner: River Cobbler, wrapped in tinfoil, drizzled in lemon, grinding of black pepper, baked in the oven, small breakfast bowl filled with lettuce, red, pepper, green pepper, yellow pepper, a bit of spring onion, 3 cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and a bit of onion.

Drinks: 5 litres of water, 3 glasses of Moet, 7 vodka & diet coke, pepsi, lemonade! 4 Sea breeze cocktails, and a few sips from a straw of some vodka/bacardi/champagne/all sorts of fruit juices cocktail my Daughter and her friends made!

Oh My God! Look at my booze intake! I had an absolutely fantastic time! I was completely rubber by the end of the night. Don't remember going to bed, but woke up the next day and there was a line of my clothes from the downstairs hall, upstairs, landing, on through to my bedroom. I must have started stripping for bed downstairs! I'm so lucky as everyone else in my house didn't remember anything either! God knows what happened but it was great!

For the first time in years I can honestly say I felt fantastic getting ready for a night out on the town. I was able to look in the mirror before I left and think 'Yes, you look good' It's a nice feeling.

I do expect to put on a few lbs this week after all those empty calories, but to be honest I don't care as it was so worth it! Saying that I usually eat all around me when intoxicated but not a morsel of food passed my lips while drinking, and there was plenty on offer. Oh the Sea Breeze cocktails were absolutely delicious, the reason I had to have 4!

I so can't wait until next week for a repeat performance, I'm making up for lost time.

Day 16

Lunch: Bowl of half a tin of tuna in brine (drained) mixed with onion, lettuce, a bit of spring onion, 3 cherry tomatoes, water cress and a dollop of lighter than light mayo.

Dinner: Haddock fillet, drizzled in lemon, grinding of black pepper, sprinkling of Thyme, wrapped in tin foil and baked in the oven, a spoon full of lighter choices cottage cheese, a small breakfast bowl filled with lettuce, 3 cherry tomatoes, a bit of spring onion, a bit of onion, red pepper, yellow pepper, green pepper, splash of balsamic vinegar.

Drinks: 5 litres of Water

I felt great this morning considering the amount of alcohol and lack of sleep! I think I subconsciously knew I had to be in good form, as I had to go and collect my baby from her Aunties at lunchtime. Everyone else around me was throwing up! I didn't have much of an appetite but ate what I could. I never have an appetite the day after I've boozed.

As the day went on, the worse I started to feel. I was so glad to get into bed! I was exhausted, and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.

Day 17

Lunch: Wholemeal Pitta filled with 2 slices of Quorn Smokey ham, red onion, onion, a bit of spring onion, lettuce, 3 cherry tomatoes, cucumber, water cress, a spoonful of light choices cottage cheese, and a spoonful of Tesco's sandwich pickle.

Dinner: 6 oz chicken breast, bashed with a mallet, sprinkling of herbs de Provence, wrapped in tin foil, and baked in the oven, baked potato, topped with philly extra light cheese, sprinkling of chives, green beans, carrots, broccoli, cabbage.

Drinks: 4.5 litres of Water

I am upping my portions sizes from today to see how it goes, as I don't want to lose any more weight. I left a tiny, tiny bit of dinner as I was stuffed. It was only the tiniest bit though. Felt great today. Went to the gym, worked hard, and was well ready for my dinner when I came home.

I can't believe I'm into the 3rd week, and I'm still seeing food as my fuel, a necessity. I've had some testing times these past couple of weeks, where usually I'd be running to the fridge to find some comfort. I've managed everything the way I managed while on LT - Facing everything head on, and speaking my mind. I'm kind of proud of myself. Still it's early days, but long may it continue.

I have to apologise for posting late and not often. I've had a hectic few days. I had very unexpected guests these past few days, who have taken up all my scarce free time! I hate not being able to log on, as I miss this place when I can't get on. I do my diary before bed on textedit every night, and then paste it in. I do think it's a great idea to write down what you eat, and how you feel. It helps me, and it'll be great to look back on.

To anyone reading this who is dreading refeed, please don't. Learn as much as you can about yourself and your relationship with food while on LT abstinence. Stick to the refeed sheet 100%, and you can't go wrong. Thank you for taking the time to read it. I really really appreciate anyone who comments - good or bad! It helps me so much knowing that there is always someone here to listen to my inane ramblings!

Rambling again!

Day 18

Lunch: Wholemeal pitta filled with a small breakfast bowl full of prawns, lettuce, red onion, a bit of spring onion, 3 cherry tomatoes, 4 thin slices of cucumber. a bit of red pepper, a dollop of fat free fromage frais and a sprinkling of paprika.

Dinner: Cod fillet, drizzled in lemon and a tiny bit of light soy sauce, grinding of black pepper, and steamed, a medium baked potato topped with a spoonful of philly extra light, and a sprinkling of chives, broccoli, mange tout, green beans, carrots.

Drinks: 5 litres of Water

Well now is the real test as I took my TOTM today. Before LT I could have ate a scabby horse between two mattresses just before and during TOTM! Sorry TMI, it is really, really heavy and I feel like poo poo. Cramps, migraines the lot, not to mention the fact I'm loaded with the cold. Boo hoo me. Luckily I'll haven't felt like eating at all, nevermind eating all the wrong things. The only thing I am craving is a LT chocolate shake! I would love one but sadly don't have any :(

I am also sick and tired of being cold. I thought once out of ketosis I would get a bit of body heat back again, but nope, still absolutely freezing. I guess this is how it's going to be from now on (that's if I keep the insulation off!)

I know I shouldn't have but I went to the gym as usual today, as I felt so bad and hoped that it would make me feel better. It did. It lessened the cramps. Did the usual at the gym, the vibroplate was especially soothing, did some extra massage exercises on it. Felt better afterwards. Didn't particularly enjoy eating today, I think that's because I feel so rough. I'm planning on taking it easy for the rest of the week, as my body is telling me to slow down a bit. I need to rest up for the weekend, as I'm off out on Saturday night again!

Oh my hair is growing at it's usual rate again. It did fall out loads during LT. Before LT it grew really quickly, and during LT growth slowed right down. I was delighted as I saved a fortune on haircuts, hair colours and waxing! It's now back to growing at it's usual rate, and I can feel it thickening again.

I have to say sorry again for not being around. My guests are planning on going tomorrow, so I'll have more free time.

Most defo - compare notes an all that! :giggle:

and wow! Bet your overjoyed that your neighbour didnt recognise you!!! :D

Your menus are looking fab betsy expect the carb thing. I know yer having a pitta for lunch but how about introducing some with your dinner like a few potatoes etc? Obv, not if you didnt feel like you needed them but with going to the gym an all that and burning all them extra calories ....and from day 4 of refeed they do mention two lots of carbs .... hope you dont take that the wrong way :confused: xxx

Tanya I could never take anything the wrong way! I'm from Belfast, everyone here speaks their mind and so much more, so you could never offend me with advice! I really appreciate anyone's thoughts and opinions.

I usually do have a spud with my dinner but I had quite a few unexpected guests this day and didn't have enough in! So I just went with the salad which was more than enough.

Thanks sweetie, so much for thinking of me, it means a lot. I absolute hate not being able to get on here. I need this place and you lot, it's part of the package!

Hope your research went well at the weekend? Are you up for another bit of research this weekend? I am, I think I need to research so much, as my findings were non conclusive!

xxxx

Betsy, that is such a lovely story about the two ladies being so impressed with your weightloss journey. It must have been so nice for you to hear such fab comments and to be able to share your story with them. Interesting about you eating slowly as I find since I started eating again that I eat everything more slowly and savour it. In fact, I find it puts me off to see people wolfing down their food now!!!

I know what you mean about being put off by people who 'wolf' their grub down! I had a few unexpected guests this week, and watching what they've been eating and the way they eat has made me even more aware of how and what I eat haha!

Things are going great Molly, thank you. I've shocked myself at how well I've adapted to the 'real' world with food. It's amazing how much self control the mind has if you really want something badly enough.

I see from your signature that you're doing brilliantly! I so pleased for you! The GL plan must be your secret weapon. You've had some great losses these past few weeks. I must go and have a look at your diary.

X

I'm with you all on the research girls ;):):) - Usually Sunday for me though ;)

Tan - I think Betsy does usually have the 2 lots of carbie things - having a baker or a few small pots in the evening as well as a pitta at lunchtime - I think it was this day that was the exception.

Great stories about your neighbour and the gym Betsy - I bet you felt great - and deservedly so!

No problem with the 'rambling' I for one enjoy reading it!

Jury's still out on the running - unfortunately I'm basically a lazy person ..... but I DO remember how good I felt way back when .... hmmmmmm :eek: xx

Hehe Jan, hope your research went well at the weekend! Mine did, it was very productive and researchful (if there's such a word!)

Yeah, I explained to Tanya that I usually do have some spuds at dinner, but ran out due to unexpected guests and no time to get to the shops. So I did the 'Mummy' thing and went without. I didn't mind as I'd plenty of salad stuff.

Dust those runners off! Once you start again you'll be hooked, I promise. You get such a buzz afterwards, as if you've achieved something. Saying that, I'm developing a problem - When I don't get as much exercise into my day as I would have liked, I get the guilt pangs! Christ, I've no luck, if it's not one addiction with me, it's another! Damn my addictive personality!

Thanks for all your thoughts and opinions Jan, I appreciate them so much. I guess another week here on the refeed forum, then I'll be off at last to the big scary maintenance forum! Hope it's comfy in there.

Oh I see from your signature that you started refeed round about this time last year. You have done the most amazing job ever to still be maintaining a year later. You must be so proud of yourself Jan. You're such an inspiration to us all.

xxxx

hey Betsy,
Thank you for your support and advice for my buffet today. You're a good egg!! If you read my diary you will see that I made a mountain out of a molehill lol, no drama, very healthy day!!!

FANTASTIC about your neighbour!! you do look VERY different in your photos!
I sometimes read snippets off here to my Hubbie, and he laughed his head off about the neighbour!!

fingers crossed tomorrow night will involve passion........ and i don't fall asleep drunk in my cod dinner lol

Bless your little un! You are allowed to call her your baby for life.....I'm still my mum's baby!! Hell, I'm mother to a four-year-old greyhound!!!

Have a good weekend, will probably be back on saturday to describe my champagne.....in the name of research of course!!! xxx

Hey KT, I'm so glad you coped brilliantly at the buffet. Sometimes the thoughts of things are much worse than the actual event! I must go catch up on your diary and see how you're getting on.

I hate not being able to get online as much as I would like. I always feel as if I'm missing out on something!

I hope you really enjoyed your anniversary, and you ate (sensibly, of course) drunk and were merry! If you were anything like me then you enjoyed yourself a bit too much to be able to indulge in a bit of passion! You earned a fantastic night with all your hard work and determination over the past few weeks. Can't wait to catch up on the shenanigans!

Thank you so much for thinking of me.

xxxx

Back