Betty crocker devils chocolate cake

furrystomper

BATMAN & ROBIN FOREVER
Hi everyone, i have seen on hear a recipe posted by someone else where you mix one of these box mixes with a can of diet coke and 2 whites, it makes 24 cakes at 4.25 syns each!!!!!!
is this right? as if so i wanna make them and take them for my taister night next monday.
have tried searching for it but cant find it on hear now! :(

Yes, that was me that posted it!

Here's the recipe:

CHOCOLATE MUFFINS

Makes 24
4.25 syns each

1 box Betty Crocker Devil's Food cake mix
2 egg whites
1 can Diet Coke

1) Mix ingredients with hand blender or mixer for 2 mins. Pour into 24 cupcake tins and bake according to box directions.

How did you work out the syn values on these as theres no info on there boxs??? was thinking of also baking the carrot cake and useing syn free pop!!! what would u sugest useing?? thanks

I think I looked it up on the Betty Crocker website (or emailed them) and then input the data into the syn calculator on the website.

Check out their website for the carrot cake. Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure that I emailed them about the nutritional info. I think the carrot cake would be good with Diet orange Fanta maybe?

Yes, you can get the mix from Sainsbury's/Tesco/Waitrose, etc. I made them into little small muffins but I'm sure you can make them into fairy cakes! I've never made fairy cakes so I don't know what is involved!

I have a box of the mix but not sure how to make it with the diet coke etc

Do the egg whites have to be whisked up first, and if not why just egg whites and not whole eggs? As they are free anyway.
thanks for any help, a bit confused.

Back