Bev - Round 2

Sounds like a good match Bev!! ;) ... Long weekends are the BEST!! :D xx

Bev, sounds like you are a bundle of energy now. You are busy at work, have lots of badminton, are planning weekends away and getting all the Xmas pressies organised. Losing the weight really helps the energy levels doesn't it. I know I can keep going all day now and never flag.
All this talk of Xmas pressies is starting to motivate me and I plan a day off at the end of the week to make a start too. It will be no time now.
Glad your daughter's rash has cleared up.
Have a great week.

Had a good weekend off and didn't do a great deal, which was lovely. Very busy this week and I will be shattered by Sunday. I have nothing to do this evening (yay!!), on tuesday I have gym after work, on wednesday I have a match, on thursday I have club night (if I can manage it!), on friday I have nothing (yay!) and on saturday I have my tournament at Newquay! That's why I will be shattered on sunday. I plan to do nothing and I mean nothing! I wont be entering anymore tournaments for a while after this, I've got enough sport with club nights and league matches. Don't want to burn out just before xmas, that would be terrible!!

My 20 year old daughter stood outside our local tesco yesterday for 4 hours collecting for the British Legion Poppy Appeal. I couldn't be more proud of her if I tried!! A lot of youngsters get a lot of bad press so just thought I'd say that they're not all bad!! My dad arranges our local appeal and runs a shop and everything and broke all records for collections last year. He's hoping to do the same this year. Very proud of him too.

Much colder down here today and it was really windy and raining last night, really horrible. Suppose we'd better get used to this weather now. Oh well, my walk after walk may be a little damp but I don't mind, I really look forward to my walk after being stuck in an office all day.

Glad you enjoyed your weekend Bev :D

Good on your daughter and your Dad :) In my experience there are far more good young people than bad!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your walk no matter what the weather xx

Yup, well done to your daughter & dad :D The problem is we only ever hear of the bad ones - the good ones never get spoken about. Take a restaurant for example - you go, like it and thats it. You go dont like it and you tell everybody how rubbish it was etc

Busy week ahead of you so enjoy your down time :) xxx

Enjoyed my night off doing nothing last night. Only got one more of those this week so made the most of it.

Might have some pasta for tea tonight or a jacket potato, not sure yet. Will decide after gym, depends how hungry I am. If I'm really hungry it will be the pasta cos that really fills me up.

Really horrible down here again today, windy and looks like it's going to be wet all day. Glad I have the car today!

Hi Bev, well done to your daughter doing the charity work. Weather vile here today, heavy rain which eases to drizzle then heavy again, normal for scotland though! Hows your weight maintenance going?

Well done to your Daughter and your Father for his fun raising efforts too, and you are right, too many young people do get some bad press these days, so its nice to highlight good topics about our youngsters.

Really cold in Wales too, it was so cold yesterday I ever wore my hat - and I DONT do hats.

I love hats! Don't get to wear them very often though but with the cold weather upon us I will dig out my winter ones!

I have put on some weight recently and have realised my old bad habits are slipping back in again. I have taken a good look at what I am eating and have decided to try and cut back a little. I want to nip this in the bud this time before it gets out of hand again. It's the snacking that gets me everytime! The exercise side of things is sorted so if I can control the snacking the weight shouldn't rise anymore. I am quite happy at the weight I am right now so just don't want to get any bigger. I don't necessarily want to lose anymore weight but just don't want to put anymore on!

I will be having a light tea tonight as I have a match this evening so don't want to be overloaded with food. We're playing a very good team so don't expect to win but we will be trying as best we can to give them a good match. Really looking forward to it.

Thats the thing Bev, nipping it in the bud before it goes back on, albeit slowly, it still mounts up.

Good luck for the match tonight.

Yup, nip it in the bud asap. Atleast you have realised where you are going 'wrong' and are doing something about it :) good luck with the match tonight Bev x

Bev - why don't you post what you're eating? It can make you stop and think when you know you're gonna have to tell us all about it! Seriously! xx

Oooooh yes it sure does!!!! :giggle:

It definately helps me to post my food choices, I alter it to healthier then eat healthier as a result. It also gets me thinking about what i'm having rather than winging it through the day. Well done for being pro active about a little gain. Anyway hope your match goes well tonight.

We lost the match 4-2 but that's a good result seeing as we thought we would lose 6-0!! Won one of my games too so really pleased with that. We all played well so have nothing to feel bad about. One of their older players really intimidated one of our younger ones. I made her night by hitting the shuttle off the woman's head (by accident of course). She wasn't very happy but it was her own fault for ducking and turning her back on me!

I feel really good today, no aches and pains, so will be going to club night later but will be taking it a bit easier than usual.

I will consider posting my food and thanks for all the advice ladies, always appreciated. By nipping it in the bud like you said, I'm hoping to stop the rot before too much damage is done. Definitely don't want to put on any more weight, quite happy as I am!

One of their older players really intimidated one of our younger ones. I made her night by hitting the shuttle off the woman's head (by accident of course). She wasn't very happy but it was her own fault for ducking and turning her back on me!

:rotflmao: hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet you did do it on purpose really :rolleyes::p :rotflmao:

Nevermind you lost Bev, you put up a good fight :)

Defo consider posting your food. It really does help knowing that i've got to come on here and write it all down etc!! xxx

Well done on you personal win Bev AND for 'accidentally catching the nice lady's head' :) xx

We lost the match 4-2 but that's a good result seeing as we thought we would lose 6-0!! Won one of my games too so really pleased with that. We all played well so have nothing to feel bad about. One of their older players really intimidated one of our younger ones. I made her night by hitting the shuttle off the woman's head (by accident of course). She wasn't very happy but it was her own fault for ducking and turning her back on me!

I feel really good today, no aches and pains, so will be going to club night later but will be taking it a bit easier than usual.

I will consider posting my food and thanks for all the advice ladies, always appreciated. By nipping it in the bud like you said, I'm hoping to stop the rot before too much damage is done. Definitely don't want to put on any more weight, quite happy as I am!

Well done on winning your game Bev, and of course hitting the old git......hahaha.

Deffo consider putting your menu's up, as long as you are 100% honest in your menu, it does make you think twice about what you do eat - not saying it stops you, but it makes you think ;);)

Thanks for the encouragement everybody!

Had club last night and played loads of games. All good too! Have my tournament tomorrow and have been told the level of play will be quite high, so I'm in for a hard day and might be a bit out of my league! We'll see. Hubby played last night and won 4 of his games, a record for him and he was well pleased.

I will be leaving home at about 11.30 tomorrow so will be having some porridge and toast about an hour before that. Hoping that will give me some energy during the afternoon. Will take an apple and some crisprolls with me in case I need something when I'm up there. I am also taking 2 litres of water with me, I'll get through that easy!!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. I will be having a great lazy sunday I know that. The weather's not nice here, very windy and wet again but we're used to that down this end of the country.

Back