Bev - Round 2

I am an egg lover too Bev, I have them about 5 days a week.

Glad your elbow is better now, just be careful you dont over-do it at the badminton again.

I dont get any benefit from the clock change, as I am working 12 hour shifts days and nights, and each shift starts at 06:20 morning and night, so its ALWAYS dark when I come and go home, but luckily the control room where we work has HUGE windows, so plenty of light during the day.

I have officially started christmas pressie shopping today! I have bought little bits but today i bought the first main present :D

Eggy day! love it! lol xx

Got a parcel waiting for me to pick up from the post office today. I think it's my daughter's headphones for xmas. Another pressie sorted! Tesco had their xmas tree and decorations up yesterday, couldn't believe it. They also had signs up as you come through the door wishing you a merry xmas. Bit early I'd say but I suppose when November arrives that's when all the shops really start. My bosses are deciding whether to give us a xmas bonus or take us for a race day at Exeter racecourse. Most of us would prefer the bonus! If we get the race day I will go cos it's a day off from work but I'd rather have the cash.

Don't blame you! I would too ;) xx

Ooooooh i'd chose the race day!!!!! Its bloomin brill!!! :) We are planning to go to Exeter races on new years day this year instead of going out new years eve :)

Talking of christmas trees & decs - someone in my bfs street always always always puts theres up on the 1st of november! Flippin mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would rather have the xmas bonus too than the day at the races, too blooming cold to go and watch horse racing now.

We are getting a hamper from our work from an award that we won, so we get to choose one from Marks and Spencer, plus a meal out on Dec 17th and some Supermarket vouchers - first Xmas bonus in 6 years!

Sounds marvellous Mary! :)
Our Xmas bonus we only get if we don't go sick in December and if royal mail hits it's Xmas targets ... :sigh:

Sure do Mary! :) thought you already knew that x

No such thing as Xmas bonuses in the NHS .. needless to say :eek: xx

The media finds out more than what we do here at work! But as far as I know there are plans to privatise part of the company but with the government still owning the majority.... But who knows the plans have changed so often. But there are alot of money cuts at the min mainly management level and delivery offices but by 2012 they have to close one of the three data entry centres and I'm hoping it ain't mine! Lol so don't think any selling of r.m will happen just yet.

Hark at us hijacking bevs thread!! :rotflmao:

Fine by me ladies, anytime!

Off to my match tonight and quite looking forward to it even though we already know they will beat us quite badly! They are a very good team and have county players playing for them.

Going to have crispbreads and cheese spread for tea so I don't overload too much. Having sandwich for lunch and not much else today, don't like to eat too much on a badminton day!

Hubby brought home some homemade chutney from his mum last night so will try that at some stage. Never had homemade before. Looks nice though.

Oooh good luck for tonight Bev! Go in with the attitude that you can beat these guys and you never know! :) xxx

How'd it go Bev? xx

We lost but we knew we would. We did win one game and took 4 others to 3 ends so it wasn't the thrashing we expected! Really enjoyed it, it was really hard but really good! Mind you, they did have 4 county players out of their 6!

So glad it's weekend tomorrow, could do with the break. Been really busy at work and feel like I need a break. I still have 4 days to take as holiday by the end of this month so I have booked 2 long weekends. Really looking forward to them. Me and hubby are going to Plymouth Xmas shopping on one day so will really enjoy that. The other days I'm just going to relax and do not much, hopefully. A few lay ins maybe. I was up at 5.30am today to shower and get ready for work. I wish hubby didn't start work til after 7!

wow brilliant that you didnt get the thrashing you expected! :D
Up at 5:30!!! I was in the land of nod by then! :giggle: Have a good weekend chick xx

Back