BeviSiwel: 30 is the new 20

ive always found watching foodie tv programs always seemed to help my cravings bezarely (SP) ??!!

think im going to join you if you fancy a mate along the way?! its not my first time probably my fourth or fifth lol but im going through a few medical probs atm and the weights going back on and i need to nip it in the bud as im in pain a lot and being lighter will only be a good thing..medication needs changing i think as one of the contraindications is weight gain and wow is it lol.

anyway, enough rambling...had my first shake and know its going to be hell on wheels for a few days but nothing worthwhile is ever easy is it:)

h x

I would certainly love to have more people on the journey. The diet is tough but it is so worth it when you start to see the results. Medical problems always make things 10x harder especially when the medicine prescribed has a side affect.
Part of what made all the weight pile back on in the 5yrs since I last did it was going onto antidepressants. Looking after my mental health meant my physical one had deteriorated. But now my life is a lot more stable, and for the most part the reason for needing those meds has been dealt with so getting everything straightened out one thing at a time.

Still suffering with this trapped nerve in my leg but the Naproxen is beginning to help and week by week as I get lighter, it's hurting less.

Still haven't got back to the exercise DVD though lol!

I totally get what you mean about the foodie programmes too. I don't watch TV much but I'm always running into recipes on facebook and social media and it really does help me too!

Day 37.
I feel like the biggest hypocrite alive. Yesterday I was 100% for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner! But then I was given some bad news regarding my family. Something that made me so unbelievably angry and upset that I was shaking. And in that weakness I stormed to the freezer, and defrosted a subroll and a sandwich and ate them.
As I felt the feelings of anger subside I was overcome with guilt, not only did I let myself down. I let everyone on the forums down too. With all my support for others, I couldn't control my own urges.

Day 37.
I feel like the biggest hypocrite alive. Yesterday I was 100% for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner! But then I was given some bad news regarding my family. Something that made me so unbelievably angry and upset that I was shaking. And in that weakness I stormed to the freezer, and defrosted a subroll and a sandwich and ate them.
As I felt the feelings of anger subside I was overcome with guilt, not only did I let myself down. I let everyone on the forums down too. With all my support for others, I couldn't control my own urges.
Don't beat yourself about it x move on it's just a little blip

Don't beat yourself about it x move on it's just a little blip
I am really happy to see the post today because it just made me feel so much better about it. I was feeling really sorry for myself and I almost wanted to throw in the towel. Thank you so much.
I'm suffering with a bout of insomnia at the moment so I apologise if my timings are a bit skewed, but I got right back onto the Lipotrim today as if nothing had happened. I have been thrown out of ketosis, but there have been no cravings for any specific food, just battling the urges to eat again.

It seems like I am still losing, which is good and we'll see how my 'break' week goes next week. (a week of maintenance so I can have some wine on my birthday :candle1:)

Onwards and upwards

Well done you've got the right attitude to totally succeed. I'm starting tomorrow..I've hit bottom now so the only way I can go is up lol hating what I've done but going to sort myself out

Sorry for my hiatus! I got a little too carried away with the maintenance week and ended up putting on more than I expected to :whoops:

But it has given me a lot of perspective and I am happy to continue with the regular LT from here on out. Even though it feels harder restarting, I know that I'll be able to power through it eventually.
I will also begin posting again to see who is around still, things will get better!

Hi I'm starting tomorrow...hope to see you around

Heidi :)

I suppose I'm now on day 5 of the restart (I'll count what day I'm actually on soon)
I'm currently at work and feeling pretty serene all things considered. My biggest craving is still running riot over me though. Soreen.
I can't stop thinking about it!
Other than that, been pretty smooth sailing for me restarting. No blips to declare as of yet. The forums are looking a little bare, but I will scour for activity when I am home and at a computer. :p

hoping your restart has gone well so far...im on day 4 today

heidi

Hey Bevi, how's it going? Your diary has been a good read and certainly inspirational for my own journey. I too tried Lipotrim before, though it was quite recently and I had to come off it due to a hospital stay. But I'm back on it now. I also know exactly how aggravating food cravings can get. Maybe we can encourage each other in our threads? All the best! :)

Hey Bevi, how's it going? Your diary has been a good read and certainly inspirational for my own journey. I too tried Lipotrim before, though it was quite recently and I had to come off it due to a hospital stay. But I'm back on it now. I also know exactly how aggravating food cravings can get. Maybe we can encourage each other in our threads? All the best! :)
Hi Gecko,
I'm sorry I haven't been posting lately, I haven't even got an excuse :eek:
I've just been privately going forward, I thought that the forums had died out a little, but the notification on my phone shocked me a bit. To see a bit of life again I may just resume posting :)

I've been sticking to it for the most part, a few blips here and there but I'm now down to 13st12lbs. The lightest I've been in about 7 years!
I will float through your posts, but would love to know how you're getting on!
All the best x

Blips happen to the best of us. I'm glad to see you're soldiering on! Mystery food diets sure aren't easy. Also, great to hear you've lost so much! I've gotta lose nearly 100lb/45kg for that! :) Best of luck, anyhow, and keep this thread updated!

Arse end of Week 13:

I really must apologise for being almost completely off the radar. Life has been completely hectic for me lately. My partner has moved in with me from the ROI and applied for his NINo, and just as soon as that was sorted the house got SSTC which now means that I'll finally be taking the all important step of leaving the roost of Mum's house (again).
But that also means searching desperately for rental properties that will allow a fat ginger lump to loaf around on their carpets. And that also allow cats. ;)

Joking aside, it's difficult to find a rental property that allows pets and is still financially feasible on minimum wage.
The weight loss has been going relatively well, I think. Aside from last weeks mysterious 2kg gain (I still don't understand it) I don't *feel* like I got heavier, I just wasn't as 'regular' that particular week.

I have been buying up size 16 jeans as much as my measly pay check will allow me to and are now beginning to actually look quite flattering. Size 14 tops that are particularly floaty are also starting to fit. I bought my first one with the first pair of size 16 jeans.

However, work is beginning to take it's toll. I work at a supermarket and it seems that my concentration has been lackluster lately. I am unsure if I am being gaslighted, or if I truly am beginning to lose my marbles but jobs that I have been doing since day dot have suddenly not been completed as well as before.

A few colleagues have started to comment. Only a handful know about me doing Lipotrim, the others I've generically said either I'm doing "A pharmacy programme" or "the ketogenic diet" as I'm tired of defending myself from the stigma of it.

The "you are looking really good! Congratulations!" have turned to "You are eating, and taking care of yourself right?" and "Maybe if you were to eat something, your concentration would improve". And when I congratulate someone for their weight loss (a few colleagues have been working on their summer bodies the traditional way) people look at me as if I'm insincere, usually followed by "Oh, but its nothing compared to your loss, dear!" or "Yes, and I managed it the proper way!"
I'm just trying to be supportive. Emotionally I'm the same Bev that I was at 17st, and I don't feel like I deserve the back handed comments. Nobody does.

Everything is beginning to grind me down soon. I am going to push as far as I can, but realistically financial pressures and job security may require me to go onto maintenance.

That's me done for the venting, anyway. Again, I apologise for the intermittent presences.

We all need to vent sometimes and this is a diary, so vent away! I hope you sort out the property situation. They can be quite strict about pets. Fortunately my landlord is lenient and I have a cat. As for the gain, most of it is probably water weight. Since we eat the same food every day it is rather confusing, but remember, if you weren't as hydrated during the week of your second to last weigh-in and you were better hydrated on your last weigh-in you might have just retained more water before the weigh-in. You shouldn't worry about it too much.

Which supermarket? I used to work at Sainsbury's. Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon! I know what you mean about the comments. People are quick to write it off as a "crash diet" or "fad diet". It's discouraging (despite much evidence here that shows Lipotrim can work very well) and I just get the impression that these people want you to stay fat so they can continue looking down at you. I'd just avoid telling people I'm dieting altogether, but that's impossible unfortunately since they'll comment and ask eventually. Just don't factor them into your lifestyle quality. They're not worth it and you're doing this for you.

Take as much time as you need. I think being accountable to each other may help us with this diet, but you don't need to post frequently. Keep your chin up and you'll reach your goal.

I'm glad to see you're still around, Gecko! Had the notification pop up on my phone today for the first time in ages which prompted me to come on. Once I got going, the rant just came out, so I reckon it's been playing on my mind a lot :p

I work at Asda. I really do enjoy it, the majority of my colleagues are really lovely people and for the most part the customers are wonderful too, the regular faces really make the job worth while.

It's just the few that are starting to upset me really.
When I first started the diet and people wondered what I was drinking in the break room (I have a Huel shaker that my bestie gave me to make things easier, and of course, why would the fat girl ever want to BULK??) I explained a little bit, and was immediately greeted with: "Why don't you just do slimming world instead? It's a lot healthier for you and you're going to ruin your body" The best comebacks always come to mind too late. The woman in question had butted in on the conversation anyway and was a large lady herself so it took a lot to hold my tongue. I didn't exactly want to go into the whole personal reasons I wanted to shift the weight so I just played it off as complete vanity.
Nowdays she doesn't even acknowledge me, which suits me fine but I'll still say hello to her and smile at her in the corridors (it's the best way to annoy people who just take a disliking to you. how can they ever ***** about you when you're nice to everyone?)

I could deal with that, but now it's starting to come from people I'd consider friends and that is beginning to hurt. I've read through your posts so it seems like we're having similar kinds of issues with that one. I think absolutely every one of us has gone through it at some point

Beginning of week 14:
Weigh in was today and you know what, I can hardly believe it myself. The largest weight loss of this journey so far wasn't at the beginning like it usually is.
This week a massive 5kg came off. That's an insane amount!
It makes me wonder if it was just a plumbing issue that caused the gain last week, and then this week as it all got flushed out the collective loss was reflected.

Regardless I am chuffed. As per the rant last night, I was considering coming off LT. Now I think I'll make it work for just that little bit longer. I am so close to goal, just under half way there. I might as well stretch to get there!

I had a similar experience at Sainsbury's. Just the odd few. o_O Huel shaker? I'll have to look at that. I'm just using their shaker which I fill halfway, shake upwards and downwards and then fill it up (with lots of ice cubes) and do the same. Oh god, I've bumped into Slimming World snobs too. Screw 'em. Don't get me wrong (for the SW peeps), it looks like a great diet, but when it comes to weight loss we've all gotta find what works for us. The ends truly justify the means. There's always a diet that's "more correct" than another diet. Ultimately, it's better than just eating junk food regularly, so why criticise? They need to be happy for a fellow dieter.

*sees next post*

That's bloody fantastic. Well done. I'm really chuffed for you. Keep it up and stay on Lipotrim until you reach your goal. Like you said, you're already so far. You know it's working for you, so don't veer off course and enter unfamiliar territory as you know this is a surefire route to success. Go you! :D

Huel shaker? I'll have to look at that. I'm just using their shaker which I fill halfway, shake upwards and downwards and then fill it up (with lots of ice cubes) and do the same.
Huel is a protein bulking powder to the best of my knowledge, but the shaker is actually pretty good. I had some gripes with it to begin with but it's been a god send to use in public.

Haha I feel like I can't relate there. Certainly prefer them cold but I find ice is too much of a hassle, I prefer to just add double the required water and chug it to get it gone. After so long it's just seen as another chore that needs to be done now.

That being said, I think I'd probably trample over people if someone asked "Cheeky curry? " :p

Huel is a protein bulking powder to the best of my knowledge, but the shaker is actually pretty good. I had some gripes with it to begin with but it's been a god send to use in public.

Haha I feel like I can't relate there. Certainly prefer them cold but I find ice is too much of a hassle, I prefer to just add double the required water and chug it to get it gone. After so long it's just seen as another chore that needs to be done now.

That being said, I think I'd probably trample over people if someone asked "Cheeky curry? " :p

Hahah, they aren't the most pleasant-looking meals. I always have chocolate. Vanilla makes me gag, and I never liked strawberry flavouring. Don't get me started on the other food. Almost died when I tried the "flapjack", and the chicken soup... :bolt:

Not sure how you could have them at more or less room temperature though. Having them really cold makes it way easier, and I just have them while watching a TV episode. (Game of Thrones at the moment. :p)

Huel shaker looks more or less the same as what I use. Looks like it's 200ml bigger (okay if you like it watered down) and maybe with a more secure lid. No metal coil though. :) Hmm...

Back