Beware! Emotional Woman Alert

Pinkemi

I’m sorry about this but I had to rant somewhere before I exploded!

My boyfriend and I had a massive row last night which ended up with us both in tears and we didn’t get much sleep.

I have woken up this morning in a really miserable ‘what is the point’ sort of mood. Got into work this morning and there was a massive birthday cake. Without considering the calorie content, I jumped right in and took a massive slice and ate it... It’s 9:30am!! I shouldn’t be eating that at this time of the morning... I shouldn’t be eating it at all. I now feel sick... because of the sugar content and it’s just made me feel more MEH than ever before. GRRRR!

You know what... I’m not sure I actually have a point to this thread. Just felt that I had to vent in order to stop me doing something else stupid and blowing my healthy eating completely out of the window.

I suppose at the moment I’m just feeling very sorry for myself. I try and constantly tell myself that there are others out there who have it much worse than me... Like the whole ‘I’m not dying... I have a home to live in and a job (for now.)’ There are others out there who have it a lot worse I know... But sometimes I just think ‘this is ridiculous!’

Sorry... it’s been a very hard past couple of months and I think it’s beginning to take its toll on me. L Need to get the positive attitude back before I end up crying at work. Meh.
:mad::cry:

Ahhhh don't worry! You did the right thing coming on here for a rant.

Forget the cake, it's done now and you can't do anything about it. Just count the cals and adjust the rest of the day/week, drink loads of water and try to remind yourself that you're only human, slips happen (sometimes cake attacks me without half as good a reason as you had!) and why you're dieting - to help you feel good about yourself!

There might be others worse off than you, but that doesn't affect YOU and how you're feeling - you're still entitled to feel rubbish.

I hope things pick up for you soon. We all go through these phases at some point, but it's just a phase...it will pass and things will get brighter.

xxx

When me and my OH argue, or I even feel bad I just want to binge, it's a natural response for people in our situation and it's why a lot of us are here (amongst other things)

I hope you both sort it out, and forget the cake, you can cut your calories by 50 or 75 for the next few days and you'll be fine :) just think, that's not even a slice of bread a day.
Hope the rest of your day is better, I was tempted to slip up during a lecture I didn't understand which I didn't feel up for anyway this morning. But just remember your goal and you'll be great :)
Good luck!

I think what irritated me the most was the fact that it was such a small and stupid thing which just blazed into a full blown argument. I think the fact that Auntie Flow is due to stay really doesnt help things... but still... meh! :(

KatiePillow I hear what you are saying. I can admit now that all through my life I have used food as a substitute for happiness... which is stupid as the food doesn't make me happy because it keeps me fat! lol

Luckily I remembered to bring in a healthy salad for lunch today so it means I am not faced with the temptation of going to the shops. I find that I end up buying something because I've seen it... and suddenly I NEED THAT CHOCOLATE! :eek:

I've done the same, I've found that cutting down on food has made me more irritable, and brought some things to the surface that were being happily suppressed by constantly eating. I cry a lot at the moment, but I am also finally being driven to make myself happy, and figure out what I need in life.
I've not had totm for about.. 2 years.. but I used to be a terror! So I think that might have contributed. And it always is the silly things that blow up.. :(

Glad you've got a nice salad :) keep going, you'll feel great once you're on holiday.

KatiePillow... You sound a lot like me recently. Crying more than I should and at really stupid things! (Like the recent argument! Ha! ;) )

The one thing you and I both need to remember (I guess) is that we shouldn’t use food as a substitute for Happiness... as deep down its making us unhappy. (I’m sure a lot of people will agree with me on this.) I guess this is why I have begun to like calorie counting, as it means I can still have ‘naughty things’ as long as I am keeping in my calorie limit. I then feel that I’m not depriving myself. :p Most of the time it works... (apart from my blip yesterday. Hahah)

You still sound more sane than me. I cried at an embroidered monster who was in a cardboard box saying 'free monster'. Think I am a bit emotionally broody atm (you should see me with baby animals *rolls eyes*

And you're 100% right, food is what makes us unhappy with ourselves long term, so that's priority #1!
TBH, with being allowed the naughty things, there's no real excuse for me to binge anyway, so I'm just plodding along atm!

haha I think thats because (for some bizarre reason) I woke up in a good mood this morning. :) Maybe I had a good nights sleep or something.

I am the same with baby animals! (Depending on how cute they are.) I'm like...awhhhhhhh.

Lets hope for a good rest of the week!

Back