Big-boned bodies...

jenna113

I was wondering...some people are naturally big-boned whilst others aren't (just heavy).

How do you know if you are big-boned or not?

If you go to ediets and do a profile you can find your body frame size by putting in your wrist measurement. They will also give you an estimated ideal weight from these measurements.

Dizzy x

I'm not sure if i believe in that or not... everyone used to tell me that i was big boned and would never be slim, and when i suggested at size 22 that i wanted to be a size 10 at the end of the diet everyone told me i was being ridiculous!

Anyway i got to size 10 and i have quite a small frame, esp shoulders and arms and then everyone started saying OMG look how tiny you are, you need to put some weight on!

Whatever! lol

Interesting Karen

Will check into ediet now..thanks for the site

Yep everyone said I was just big boned / big frame and that I could never be less than 17 stone.

Just isn't true!

M.

The concept of having a large frame is sound - but just because we're overweight doesn't necessarily mean that we have a large frame!! There are plenty of tests to determine what size body frame you have. Having a large frame doesn't mean you can't slim down to the lower reaches of your BMI (or whatever indicator you choose to go by) - but you might look better at a more moderate weight. :)

I believe in big bones/frame, Even in the long distance of my youth when i was a size 12 for about a month, i was never delicate like my friends, we may have worn the same size clothes but i was definately a different build, big hands and size 10 feet, and ive never ever found an anklet to fit.

I too thought I had a large frame, and had gauged that by my large wrists, fingers etc.

Now slim, I have tiny wrists and dinky fingers! ho ho!

I was always told that I was 'big boned like your dad' and believed that I'd have broad shoulders and be built like a wrestler no matter how much weight I lost.

However, looking at my latest pic (taken in Portsmouth at the meet on Jan 27th) I don't think I'm that broad at all - and by the time I get to 10st or so, I think there's a chance I'll be positively dinky!

I too believe in the big boned/frame idea, i have tested out the Tesco e diets wrist measurement. According to them i am a large frame, which i believe. I have always struggled to get bracelets, watches, hats, anklets, shoes, rings, ec to fit me, even in the dim and distant past when i was slim. Even now, i am 5'7'', weigh 13st 10ish, yet wear 14 jeans and trousers. I think this is heavy for a size 14.

Back