Big Boys Need Love Too!

Sorry to hear you had a bad day martyn :(
But well done for not giving in to the greasy fatty stuff :)

A little Quorn and Brocolli can't do much harm I reckon, and as you've got to make your few packs last longer than they should, I think you'll be OK, so long as you can get back on the horse on Wednesday, and I'm sure you will :)

Hi there everyone - I'm back :)

I don't know what I'm smiling about cos Cornwall is where I wanna be and I always hate coming home again.

To make matters worse the sun came up all pink on the horizen this morning and made a pathway over the sea into the cove where the fishing boats were. We hung around for as long as we could and stopped at Portreath and had hot choc outside overlooking the sea (cold but sunny).

What a lot to read - I've been home ages but it's taken all evening to catch up with you guys.

Frijj - nice to see you around here. It's THE place to be - believe ;)

Pete - :welcome: to big boys - Tyns place rocks - oh yea :cool:

Let me tell you guys, I have discovered Tantrix big time - no not that one (the naughty one :D), the one that uses little hexagonal tiles that you fix together to make patterns - amazing and a great work-out for the old brain cells. My mate told me I was anti-social once I'd bought the game. She said I swapped one addiction (mini-mins) for another (tantrix). Well, there you go.....!

Great news that everyone is still talking about the mini-meet. Can do 22nd & 29th November and 6th December also. Just point me in the right direction.

Cornwall has been cold and wet and has actually managed to stop play, severely curtailing the walking we usually do. Pathways were muddy and difficult so the only cliff path we ventured was the Sennen to Lands End and back walk.

The music was good and I took my guitar out for several evenings of musical mayhem! :D

My scales and I may be filing for divorce when they register the weight I have put on!!! I have not stepped on ANY scales since I have been away but I feel HUGE :eek:

Tyn - Glad the weight loss is going well and keep on laughing. Take the advice given on here about drinking and the Cambridge Diet. I think your CDC may be mis-informed about that one - keep safe and be happy :) x

Taz - I'm sorry to hear you have knee problems - That's such a nuisance :( x

Abz - Glad you've lost the Denmark weight - sounds good to me :D x

Jenn - Have a great holiday :character00238: x

Elle - I was SO worried. I heard the other day that the fire brigade had been called to a public loo in Birmingham cos someone had stuck to a toilet that a prankster had put super-glue on. I was relieved (?) when I heard that it was a man so couldn't have been you :sick0019: The poor guy had to "sit tight" while they removed the stainless steel loo before removing it from his nether-regions with chemicals - ouch!!!! :eek: x

Well - that's enough from me for tonight - see y'all in the morning :p x

Well guys I had a nice evening with my mates, i just had an awful time at work instead. was there till 8pm, made a quite terrible mistake, my boss was NOT happy - indeed i shed the odd tear on the way home. I was just in a stupid rush to get home cos i was late to meet everyone and sent the wrong email to an important client. :( not good. now im dreading work tomorrow, and any bad consequences of this aswell ... :(

xxx

Evening all. Well technically it is Tuesday morning which would make me the first one today! Woo Hoo! Just got home from work and chillin for a bit before bed time.

Gem - Welcome back

Tyn - One blow out won't do you too much harm

Abz - Looking good!

Elle - I hope they don't go too hard on you, we all make mistakes

i'm here taz. i've just been busy this morning :) how's the knee?

29th november looks good then guys. is that what we are going to go for? because if it is i'm going to have to start looking at train tickets.

gem -- really glad that you had a fab time. let us know how it goes with the scales.

elle -- so sorry to hear about work. could you not recall the email before they read it? if it's outlook you use then you can do that... i'm sure it will all come out in the wash. these things happen.

tyn -- you'll be fine until you see your cdc, you won't knock yourself out of ketosis as long as you watch the amount of veggies you eat. brocolli should be fine. try and stick to the amounts in the ss+ or 810 cd booklets to make sure. you'll be ok :) although if your cdc is away she should be able to forward you on to somebody else? but it's possible that there isn't anyone... well done on not caving though hon :)

everyone else :D good morning :D

i lost 3.25lbs this week and am rather happy with that. now i just have to survive my mum and her fella visiting me for a few days... they are going to want to go out to eat and i can't. well they'll just have to go on their own or accept that i'm going to be there sipping black coffee!!

how is everyone doing today?

abz xx

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

Ha ha Taz I know all about the first and last thing :character00238: or in your case last and first :confused: I have done that one many times.

:scale: Well the scales and I are on a promise. They promise not to nag me for the next week and I promise to be mega good. I reckon I can keep my side of the bargain ok so watch out for squatter removal very soon :)

It's not too bad really. I have had the most amazing excuses during the last week or so. The best excuse is "So what, I'm on holiday", followed by "Well guinness lubricates the throat for singing" (uh, hello - so does water but it's not so nice). The other excuses include "chips and hot chocolate taste SO good outside in the cold overlooking the sea" and don't forget the classic "Well you have to have an ice cream (and flake) at the seaside - it's traditional" even if you are doing a mean impression of the michellin man in a thick sweat shirt, body warmer and waterproof coat :eek: "Don't forget the Cornish Pasty" I hear you say - I didn't and it was lovely :D

Well after all that I came home feeling SO fat :eek: so imagine my reaction when Mr Scales told me smugly that I had put on 5lb :D That's when I was ready to talk bargains ;) It's a no treats week again this week folks but I don't care at all. I've had a great time and I've got squatters to evict by Friday :)

Elle - Remember you are not the first person to have made a mistake, also that the mistake will have seemed worse when everyone was tired. I know it doesn't feel good but we are all only human after all. An apology to the client may well do the trick and also look at your work/life balance and see if you are being worked too hard for too long. If you are, talk to your boss about it.

Abz - 29th November fine for me. I will look at train tickets too once date confirmed.
:brainfart: Just remembering when I went by train to Preston - I believe the train went through Birmingham New Street so it might be an idea for you to get to Preston rather than Tyn get to Leeds if that's the case.

:missing: Where has Claire got to?

I don't start back to school until tomorrow so I'm having a catch up day today - hence the late start :)

:character00238: Have a lovely day everyone :character00238:

Just an aside folks (or another excuse for overeating maybe) - that cold that was threatening me for most of the last term managed to hit me on the first Saturday of the holiday - wouldn't you just know it!!!

well gem. the plan was for me to go to preston. it adds about an hour and a half to my journey or something silly. but that was on a different date, so will look again :)

those squatters will be gone in no time. i now have rid of my danish ones plus another half stone :D

abz xx

no abz, my boss doesn't use outlook, however much we try and persuade him. he likes to use an internet based server so that he can be sure he wont lose emails if his computer messes up and so he can access them anywhere. he's not very confident in "new technology", considers the best way to be the old way lol.

i ended up writing another email asking the client to disregard the previous one, and my apologies for sending the wrong document. that's all i can do really isn't it. well anyway, he's being all quiet today, like i've ruined his life. I stayed in the office till 8pm last night trying to sort out this email, that's 2 1/2 hours extra and i won't get any extra money because we're working on a new project and there's no extra money to go round anyway... i don't mind staying and helping, it just upsets me when I get things wrong when normally i use my brain and check that i'm sending the right thing. it's because i was in a rush to leave. i suppose i've learnt my lesson eh. x

p.s. Gem, i've missed you greatly :D xxx

Oooh I'm not alone! Ha ha

The knee is about the same Abz, just keeping an eye on it hoping it doesn't get worse.

Hi Elle - Thanks for that and I am SO glad it wasn't you that had to be be removed from that toilet by the Fire Brigade! No, don't thank me - that's what friends are for!!!! Isn't it pants when the boss does the silent treatment? It would be better to say "OK it's happened - how can we prevent anything like this happening again?" and move on. I hate no win situations that carry yesterdays problems over to today - it's done and that's that. Anyhow Girl, I've been looking at your piccies and you are sure doing mighty fine.

Taz - You must be on a late - or even better, a day off. Rest that knee!

Abz - Squatters and hardcore - Yea Yea!!!!

elle. it sounds like you've handled things beautifully. these things happen all the time. i'm sure the client will be fine about it. was it sensitive information on another company?

abz xx

Abz, no we were sending over rates, what they would have to pay for the right to be on the website we're setting up, and rates for other things we would offer. Instead of sending the revised copy, with the new higher prices I sent the first, rough copy with much lower pricers and a break down of all the pricing in each package. he went crazy at me because that one was confidential, he said that he doubts we'll get them on board once they've seen the previous prices. I can't see why they would go that far but i've got my fingers crossed because if we lose this business i'll be in for even more boss wrath :S Thanks for your concern though guys, you've really helped me be a bit less sad :) i've been checking everything i've done today thoroughly haha. that said, I managed to book myself into the Ibis with my surname as my first name and my first name as my surname lol. I really think it's got something to do with totm - seriously, i even find that I park really badly and i'm more clumsy when my totm arrives!

Taz have a good time at work! :) Or at least try to lol.

Gem i've been eating activia yoghurts so don't worry too much about toilets anymore:p haha. i have found them extremely helpful, even if they are annoyingly over 100 cals grrr.

xxx

well elle. it's just tough. everyone has put their prices up over the recent crisis. i doubt that they won't take business because you sent them old prices. although they will think about the increase of course, they will know that prices increase. and they may not have taken up a contract with you anyway, regardless if you were only just sending them the price list now. don't beat yourself up about it honey :)

also, what on earth do you do? every time i think i know i realise that i actually don't...

abz xx

Haha it's too complicated to explain. My pay slip says I work for the hotel marketing company. i do, but i'm trying to set up an internet site for another company my boss has concerning weddings and honeymoons. Most of my time goes on that, design, structure, collecting information and sending info, as yesterday, to contacts who are interested at the moment. A small part of my time goes into the hotel marketing side of things, helping him in that area when the secretary is out of the office and when we go to exhibitions. Once the new company is set up, the old one will shut down and the inet site will be the main one. And then i'll have to start doing exhibitions to promote that lol. x

Elle - Your job sounds interesting and sometimes fun too. Activia is great and don't worry about the calories - they're good ones. I like the prune and the strawberry ones but they've just brough out a blackberry and blueberry one that I am going to try. Have you tried the new creamy one in the little round pots - yum x

oh guys just a quick one:
Tyn, you be careful skipping...but I am sure that if you have the one meal a day to make up for things will be fine, but you shouldn't skip the meals you need them for a reason. You will be malnourished, without it and that could cause you problems...so make sure you eat all your meals every day even if you don't want them all.

Meeting: Yeah the 29th is perfect for me...so i guess that is all of us now....so the is a definate, I just need to know where we are meeting so I can set the tom tom up before we leave.

Baby: I cant believe it but I can feel the baby moving already. last time i was 22 week before I felt him, but this time I have have felt the baby much sooner. Even OH felt the baby-faintly but still that was cool.

Elle: sounds like you have a lot of work on, I hope all goes well.

Abz: Wow you can really see the difference in your pics...you look great for the loss and you should be very proud of your achievement.
All the weight you lot lose I gain...*LOL* although I am scared to think of the results when I get home. But to be honest, I am eating fairly well here. I am having at least 4-7 bit of fruit and veg a day, and a little meat. A few crisps...and maybe one little half size ice cream or something....so it is cool. I am trying to be good.

Anyway all , must dash...want to watch the election stuff....so take care and speak to ya soon.

J
xx

I have put 29th November in my diary for the meet. If everyone is on for then I will sort out my rail ticket to Brum. x

Back