Big Boys Need Love Too!

Oooh I hope LU enjoys karate. It's a good thing for kids to get into.

mmm flapjacks. My mum used to make the best ones ever!

really_sorry.gif

Apologies for being absent all week, been mega busy & not had time to catch up on everything. Hope everyone is well. x x

:zz: Good morning everyone :character00238:

I didn't wanna leave my pillow this morning but I'm going swimming early this morning. The exercise is good for me at the moment as it will focus me for the day. My head was all over the place yesterday and I reckon it would've been better for a swim.

The weigh in this morning was as expected (STS) not bad really as I was away at the weekend and out for a meal (with wine and ice cream) on Wednesday. My next weigh in will be on 9th January as next Friday is Boxing Day and I will still be away on 2nd January. The first weigh in of the new year should be interesting - the squatters will be partying but their days will be numbered and they'll soon be homeless and looking for a new squat :)

Nice to see you around Jenn and good to hear that you're keeping the weight stable. My new grandson is still holding on even though my daughter is in and out of hospital with contractions still. If it happens again they will not stop it as he is due to make an appearance in January and an early arrival now would probably be ok.

I have a very busy day today, getting the house up together so it's OK to come home to on Christmas Eve. We are going out for Christmas dinner so I don't have to worry about that this year.​

Well, I'm off to make porridge cos it has to go down before I swim.

:smiley1842: Have a lovely Friday everyone:smiley1842:
:33:​

Morning all. Thought I might try going without the pain killers today. I lasted about 10 minutes before realising that was a bad idea! My doctor gave me a scrip for 100 co-codamol caplets yesterday so I have plenty to keep me going I just wish they would take all the pain away! I have to go into work later to see our OH nurse and to hand in my sick note. I don't feel like leaving the house at all at the moment so I have to find some motivation from somewhere!

Have a good day everyone x

im thinking i might save my next WI till after the new year. i just hope i can stay below 13 :( which seems impossible after my WI result today.

bloody christmas. BAA HUMBUG....

Hey all....Thanks Gem, Yeah I had a freak out this morning when I did a WI, it was another 4lbs down...but then I moved the scales to another spot and it went back to normal.*LOL* Well I wish your daughter well. I can't imagine having to go through that. I thought it was bad being left in labour for 3 days but to have contractions for coming and going like that would drive me nuts. And it's not that the things are pain free.

Taz, Yeah the LU loved it he wanted to go again today. hehehe. But I they are off now till after the new year. So thing are going to change again now.I am going to try and get LU into gymnatics too as he loves to jump and bound and roll around a lot. See how he likes that. Plus I may switch his nursery school. Right now he goes tuesday, wednesday and thurday mornings. But I want to get him to go to our local nursery for the primary school he may have to go to, which I can walk to. Seeing as I can't really and shouldn't be driving at the moment. This way I can get some more excerise and if I switch him to afternoons, I can still get a lay in with him, and he gets to play with other kids in the village. So I will see. I think he still has to go to his original one for a while, but as my OH is working a lot he doesn't have the time to keep coming and go with us. so LU misses out a lot. And at least this way he can a nice clean place to play outside. My garden is soooooo muddy with the weather. and He doesn't have any place outside to play. But the karate he thought was great. They did well with him. He learned some punches and blocks and he picked it up quickly. Plus they were running around a lot which he loves to do.

Well...I hope everyone has a great weekend. I thought christmas was on wednesday. *LOL* So my birthday is on friday!! YEAH!!! NOT! I am so old...*LOL* I am going to the farmer's market to pick up a few things tomorrow and then i am perfect.

Jenn - I'm wishing you and your family a happy Christmas. I'm sure you've been cooking and everyone will have plenty of special things to eat x

Taz - I hope you are feeling a bit better and pain free x

Elle - I wonder if you can be good over Christmas - I'll be impressed if you do cos I know I won't x

i severly doubt it gem lol, but at least if i can try and get down a pound or two before next thursday it'll give me more chance to remain under 13 and start the new year on a decent footing!! xxx

I'm away to Cornwall later today so I doubt whether I will get a chance to lose any more before my next weigh in which, I believe, 9th January!!! That could be an interesting one (possibly a declaration of squatter war) x

:smiley1842:Good morning everyone :smiley1842:

Today is going away day but it's a bit of a :fingerscrossed: plan. My daughter was rushed into hospital again yesterday - all signs were that she was in labour and the contractions were not far apart so she went in an ambulance while OH sorted out the kids and then went to join her.

As we prepared for the dash to Wales to help with the kids, her OH who had by this time arrived at the hospital rang told us that she was not in labour at all and was being sent home. As he sipped his cuppa on the ward he confided that he was nervous about taking her home as it could happen any time. She is due mid January but this is how things happen with her pregnancies. Watch this space - we may have a Christmas birth :xmascheers:

Well I probably won't be on here much today (if at all) cos I have lots of tidying and cleaning before we leave late afternoon for Cornwall. Back home Christmas Eve.

Have a lovely time everyone x

:33:​

Evening all. I've not had chance to get on here today as I went out to breakfast with my friend this morning as it's her birthday tomorrow, then we had a browse around town which was MAD with christmas shoppers so didn't stop long then went to the in-laws to drop off their presents! Phew, what a day! Where is everyone else?

Sounds like a full day you've had Taz. Gosh it's been quiet on here though hasn't it.

I've had a bit of a busy day too. I didn't end up in Cornwall as I thought I would, I headed for Wales instead as my new grandson was threatening to make an early entrance into the world again. He has totally exhausted his poor mother who is fed up of contractions and still has technically a month to go :confused:

I, however have had a lovely afternoon doing the Granny thing with a 3 year old and an 18 month old, getting 3 year oldd hugs and baby kisses and loads of giggles.

Daughter is home now and hopefully no more panics for a while. We are home and exhausted and off to Cornwall tomorrow being well. I'll be back Christmas Eve :xmascheers:

Hey Taz, I've been doing pretty much the same as you today. :)

Did the food shopping this morning, total nightmare, what is it about holidays that drive people to go crazy at supermarkets? :confused:

I know people may be having guests and I suppose some people stock up their freezers but is it really necessary to get three trolley loads of shopping??!! The couple in front had a trolley each & were trying to push one between them too. It came to £473.48. What the f**k? The shops will be open again Boxing Day people, it's not the end of the world!! :8855:

Anyway, made it out in one piece then and then went over to my sister's place with all their prezzies this afternoon. :D

How are you? Feeling any better?

Gem - hope your daughter is ok & you have a good time in Cornwall. x x :)

I am feeling better than I was and trying to cut down the painkillers. Wow, that is one huge shopping trip! I try to avoid the shops at this time of year for that very reason.

I have heard that Gem's daughter is home and well, still no baby, and has safely arrived in Cornwall!

Well if you hear from Gem again tell her to have an amazing time and to wish her daughter well. A christmas day baby perhaps? Although no, it's due in the new year isn't it? x

ooh. add on my best wishes too :) must get gem's phone number...

well guys. it's weigh in tonight and after a family gathering like that one, catching up with friends and an office party... well i'm not looking forward to it!!

how is everyone else doing?

Good morning all, the Swansea trip went well but I never managed a log on, way to busy, which is unusual for me. Done all my Christmas shopping and even managed a night out on Saturday. :)

well done on finishing the christmas shopping jim. i've got all mine too (i hope!! always forget something) although i do still have to buy veg if there's any left anywhere...

i took a look around my living room this morning in disgust. the house is totally trashed. TOTALLY. so SO need to start cleaning the place tonight and decorate the bloody tree. it's been standing there for over a week now with nothing on it. good job it's a live one or it would probably be needleless and naked by now if it wasn't!!

last day of work until christmas day today so i'll have time tomorrow to start getting things ready as we are celebrating on the 24th so tomorrow is the last available day!!

argh. hadn't realised it was that close. bloody hell. veg shopping tomorrow then!!

abz xx

well done on finishing the christmas shopping jim.

Not that impressive, I only had 1 present to buy abz, that's all I ever do. :)

Back