Big Boys Need Love Too!

They might change their minds when they realise that they could have a monthly income by recognizing your membership x

I lost my old gym pay and go card and it was renewed last June on the computer (even though they couldn't find me cos it was so long ago) I actually paid £25 for my life membership so that will tell you how long ago that was x

I would give it a go Taz, it's worth a try x

Hey guys,

Taz, funny you talk about the gym, mine called me on friday. Trying to get me to rejoin. I told them- " This is the second time you have called in 3 months, I am STILL pregnant and cannot use your gym, so stop calling me!" I know it seems harsh, but I already told them I twice now that I don't want them calling me. If I want anything from a company I will call them I hate to be pestered or bugged. They just want £42 a month for a membership I won't use. And I ain't got that kind of money to waste at the minute. Walking around the village is just fine for now. Plus I only ever used the cross trainer which I have here and other stuff so i don't really need a gym. And being an ex aerobics instructor, I know what to do and how to do it on my own.

Once the baby is here, I will be walking around the village to take LU to nusery, and then I will have enough time to do two rounds of the village with the baby before going to pick him up again. Which will be about 5 miles in total. So that will be fine to start with. Plus we will all be going swimming too, as LU will be old enough to start lessons. And I will be able to get the baby used to the water etc.

LU and I only just got up at 12pm today. *LOL* I have been having a really hard time sleeping as I think the baby has turned and is pushing his feet up under my ribs constantly. So we had a nice sleep. Too late for breakfast for him, so he is having lunch of cucumber slices, carrot sticks and dressing for dipping, plus dried strawberries and 5 doritios, with a big gladd of milk. THat should hold him for all of 30 minutes. hahaha. It will be banana and apple time shortly there after. And since he got up late I will have to keep him up a bit later tonight or he will have a hard time sleeping. It is my fault really, but I needed the sleep.

Wow £42 am month is a lot! That is annoying when they call like that especially when you have already told them

Some companies won't take "no" for an answer will they x

Good morning, I have never had a gym membership, I think it's a rip off. I did get my bike out and get it all cleaned up yesterday ready for dry Sundays when I can go cycling.

Morning Jim, I do agree that some gym memberships are a rip off but when you get unlimited swimming and gym use I think it's a good deal

Good morning everyone :)

It's a wee bit dull here this morning and quite cold but the sun might poke it's head through later :character00238:

Jim - I have to choose my exercise VERY carefully - I don't think I would be very stable on a bike because of my SI joint problem. I can do pilates, swimming, lateral thigh trainer, twister and rowing exercises (I have an elastic rower that fits around my feet) :D I have at times gone on the exercise bike in the gym but I wouldn't trust myself out on a bike :eek:

Taz - How are you this morning? :)

Have a lovely Monday everyone :) x

Morning Gem, today I have to go to the bank to put some money in and I plan to go to the leisure centre to investigate about this membership. I am motivated to do it now so I want to get it sorted before I go off the idea. Once I have sorted it out can start to form a routine there

Hi Girls, oh unlimited sounds OK, LA Fitness here charge an annual fee and then you have to pay something every time you go in, or so I'm told. I would like to start going swimming again though. :)

That sounds good if the sums add up x

That's based on 2 swims and 1 gym session a week. Obviously if I had a day off I could go extra times and increase the saving!

Don't overdo the exercise though Taz x

Back