Big Boys Need Love Too!

These are hard times Taz and sometime we need a little help x

It wouldn't be quite so bad Gem but all my credit is frozen while insurance claims are pending so I can't even access my reserves! Won't be so bad when the insurances start paying out but it's all waiting

Maybe it'll all work out in the end. When things start coming in at least you won't have extra credit to worry about and once you've paid off what you've borrowed now you'll have the rest to sort yourself out. I hope the cash starts to roll in soon. It's a worrying time and such a shame about your weekend away x

Good morning everyone :)

I am so glad we made the most of the snow we had last night cos it's disappeared this morning - blown away by a very windy night!

I had my second birthday in just over a week last night as my daughter had a birthday pressie that had taken a long time to come.

We went out for a meal (OH paid again) and my daughter produced a Nintendo DS with brain training and my bessie mate produced her late pressie (I thought it was a little bit odd that BOTH pressies were late coming) which was another game for the DS! It was a lovely evening and a great surprise :)

Isn't it strange how some things work out - on my real birthday last Sunday week it snowed while we were having our meal. Then last night the table that was available was the same one as on my real birthday and we all sat in exactly the same places without thinking - then it snowed again!!!! :)

When we got back OH and I decided to go for a walk in the snow. It was lovely - there was a thin covering of snow everywhere and it was snowing fast with big flakes coming down - a rare opportunity.

I really NEED to be good for the rest of the week and have stashed away the chocolate that my daughter also bought me yesterday :eek:

Have a lovely day everyone :)

Morning all

Hope everyone is well & has a good day without getting too wet! :eek:

Taz - sorry things aren't going to well at the moment, hope it all works out soon for you. x :)

Gem - sounds like you have a lovely evening, you lucky girl! x :D

Abz, Elle, Jim, Tyn - morning. x :wavey:

Morning all,

we have had some snow again overnight, not much but it's wet and miserable now so I suspect it will go.

When we got back OH and I decided to go for a walk in the snow. It was lovely - there was a thin covering of snow everywhere and it was snowing fast with big flakes coming down - a rare opportunity.

We were going to do that Gem, but then we fell asleep in front of the fire. :)

The snow has gone from here too. Much as I love the snow I am not too disappointed about it not being here this morning as I have planned to go to the gym and for a swim today.

Gem, what a lovely thing to have 2 birthdays! And surprises from your daughter and best mate, they must have concocted that together!

I more than suspect that they did Taz - they're friends too and do sometimes plot together!!! My mate and I are really close - like sisters I guess (I've never had one, I'm an only child) so she's very much part of the extended family x

Jim - We didn't give ourselves time to settle into the house when we got back from the meal. We just dropped off our stuff, changed our coats and went out - it was fabulous x

We didn't go out at all last night Gem, the fire was too inviting. :)

Sounds like you had a lovely evening though.

We didn't go out at all last night Gem, the fire was too inviting. :)

Sounds like you had a lovely evening though.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..... eh? :giggle:

:26:​

it snowed loads in Dudley, incase anyone was wondering. In walsall there was quite a bit, here at work there's almost nothing, but when I was driving through Dudley I was staring in wonderment at the snow...and then realising that I should probably look at the road. x

we had a fair bit in Sutton as well elle, but here in town there's very little.

well we only have the odd remnant now. it's a glorious day out there :D freezing cold, but very sunny.

just got back from docs. mri scan on the back is now in my future. shocked to discover i first started having major problems in summer 2006... so it's probably about time after failed physio. she did compliment me on my going swimming each week. i 'forgot' to mention that i've only been doing that for three weeks on this particular stint... thought it was best left out :D

and i have painkillers again. which i'm about to take so they can wear off enough before i go swimming in a couple of hours :D

abz xx

How did you come to have back problems abz? I used to have a lot of back pain way back when I played Rugby, but I was a prop so that is expected really.

oh, and the physioterrorist never did me much good either.

I have a nice physio who isn't a terrorist Jim. She did a lot for me way back in 2006 - got lots of bits mobile that weren't and stretched me plenty on the machine - That's amazing! I'm going back to her now to sort out some left over symptoms and get my left leg back to as near full mobility as I can.

i don't know jim. and neither do they. they couldn't figure out why it went wrong or how. or why it keeps going wrong. they did correct my posture a lot that went even worse than it had been as i started sitting and standing in positions that didn't hurt as much and ended up making it worse. so that's what i'm trying to do now. continue to stand and sit normally. but that's when it hurts the most :(

at least i have painkillers now :)

abz xx

That's exactly what happens Abz - we compensate for the pain x

Back