Big Boys Need Love Too!

glad you slept well tyn.. think i'm just going to see how it goes and take it from there. i may never have this meal...

got to go. friend at door.

abz xx

yeah you missed saying hi to meeeeeeee :) hi tyn. how you doing love?

abzter (love the new name tyn), i think you should try it once and assess damages. you wont know unless you try. plus i think it's something you really need. i really needed those revels last week lol so i ate them. didnt feel bad afterwards either. xxx

oh maaaan howcomes im laggin so far behind on the rep counter? tyn you've overtaken me haha. clearly you're an inspirational fella ;) xxx

awwww bless ya lol, thanks to the person who gave me the rep. it made me chuckle hahahaha. x

Mine was the one with the rabbits not wearing glasses and you deserve it. Morning ell. Yes, yesterday WAS crap day but if you missed it you can have yours today - but I wouldn't recommend it! x
Hi Tyn - Well at least we don't have the rain and Mr Sun has just crept out from behind his cloud so I'm feeling good. Feeling good not enough though - gotta BE good! x
Abz - I think the mouth and breath thing is to do with the toxins from ketosis. Don't quote me on it but I think that's what it is. x

damn it wont let replay the favour. apparently i have to spread some love hahaha

That's ok ell. I got the good vibes anyway. That's far more important. x

Hey all,

Well I came to a decision last night, I am definately switching to SW, in a bit of tiime. I am sorry if it disappoints any one but to be honest, since I made the decision, I feel much better.

Tyn, it's not the cravings...cravings I could deal with. It is the physical pain I get, the feeling sick I get, and the dizziness. Cravings are nothing. I can work through those. But no amount of distraction is going to take that away.

I know the that SW will be slower, but when I was on it in the past, it worked, i just stopped exercising, and I ate too much of the free foods, which not only am I now aware of, but I am also aware of my bordem eating. And sadly I wasn't even aware of only actually eating when I was hungry until I started dieting the week before I started this and I lost weight. So whilst I may be justifying the switch, but this I just think is better for me, than to make myself, and my family miserable. I WILL loss me weight, but I don't see why I need to do it so fast? I thought I did...but once you're in this TYN...you will see a different side to the coin that you can't see how. But you know...YOU CAN DO IT. Maybe I am weak, but I am not willing to subject myself to inflicted "self harm" just to lose weight, when it is achieveable if I just apply myself, properly. And yeah I am sure I will have good days, bad days, and indiffernt days. But there is nothing to say I can't go back to SSing again is I want to try it again. Or if I want to see whatelse might work. I will get there, I KNOW this. But I just can't take the pain anymore or the depression. It isn't me!!

Jenn

by the way tyn,

CONGRATS ON THE UNI STUFF!! See sunshine is coming you're way. Your future is bright. Grab it with both hands and run with it!! Whilst you have no ties...take no prisoners ( well unless you need them to step on) and go for it!!

Tyn, please don't be put off my experience...I think it is a good thing...it just isn't for me. We are all different, and I am sure you won't have the same symtoms as I am!

ok well...i did it....under deress...nhahaha... I had a slice of apple....That is it...Tomorrow...I am just going to switch...I can't take it.

But abz if you want to buy the rest of my shakes and soups and bars I'll do ya a deal!!

no jenn! you're not disappointing anyone! we're all here to support you regardless of which diet you choose to follow. never forget that! :) i'm sure you'll do really well on SW, and now that you've recognised your mistakes it'll be a bit easier. :)

yesterday i could have bloomin had a crayfish and rocket salad for 74 cals only they'd run out grrr. saw it when i went to get lunch today, thought about it and then thought, no, that's ridiculous. i'll probably get hungry really fast, and im going swimming later so i need something with a bit more oomph. plus a bit of carbohydrate to get me through the day because i've feeling worn out today. so i got a really nice chicken and noodle salad at 220 cals and had my quavers at 87 cals and a packet of those carrot sticks again at 23 cals lol. making my way through the water too. i've gotta say guys i feel very "rough" today. and my eyes feel tired. x

p.s. i checked out how many cals i ate the other day with that big pack of revels. we're talkin 820 cals hahahaha. and a tonne of bread. oh well lol..

Tyn, please don't be put off my experience...I think it is a good thing...it just isn't for me. We are all different, and I am sure you won't have the same symtoms as I am!

You are so right, everyone is different and VLCDs aren't for everyone. I've been very lucky and had no symptoms (well other than some constipation and a bit of windypops TMI!!!!:D) SW is a fab diet and if you've done it before and appreciate the pitfalls you make (I was the same as you - I over ate the free food and my portion control went completely to pot and it took me 9 months to lose 12lbs. I have only realised that though since I started my VLCD!) My Mum used to be a SW consultant and saw hundreds of members lose loads of weight very successfully. You can do it.
And Martyn - most of the men I speak to seem to get on really really well following CD/LL/W8 - I think maybe blokes find it easier to say "Right - this is just a means to an end - simply a solution to fix my weight problem" and they then just seem to be able to stick to it. I'm sure you will do fine - you are in the right headspace for this challenge. And well done on the Uni stuff, must be a weight of your mind.

Carol x

Hi Jenn. Well done for making the decision that is right for YOU! You will do it whatever, in the end it doesn't matter what method you use as long as you come out at the end fitter, healthier and slimmer than you started. Taz is SW and has not found weightloss easy at all. She thought she couldn't do it and would've jumped through hoops to have immediate loss. Now look at her - 51lb gone on SW. Then there's starlight with 11st gone on WW. Of course instant loss has it's appeal but it didn't go on overnight either did it? Go Girl, we'll be here to support you. x

Thanks so much ladies. I do feel better. I am happier. I will be starting tomorrow...and looking forward to just having a little bit of meat tonight. My cramps have slowed considerably since I ate the slice of apple. ( freaky) and I am looking forward to eating some veg. I found ( a few weeks ago) on the 5 a day website...the exact protion sizes for most fruit and veg...which is great because I want to keep a firm check on it all. I already told my OH that when he cooks the meals from the book that they are normally servings for 4, and they have the sins on them...so I can have my portion and freeze the rest ( once i have room again =-)) and mark the syns etc...so I have green or red day meals to had. Plus on all my free foods, I am going to have a small amount...and make sure I eat slower and I promised if I still felt hungry, I would wait 10 minutes before I got a second helping...that way if I really am hungry...I will be satisfied and if I am not...well then no need to eat any more. After having the VLCD i have realised my pit falls...and at least I can live and learn. But I am just happy to stop the cramps....that makes me happy!!

Boy looks like a scared every one aware with my confessions....

Well I did it. OH wanted chinese...so so be it. I was only able to manage 2/3 of 1 rib, 2 tbs of rice and 1 1/2 dessert spoons of meat and veg. Hahaha....oh how my stomach has shrunk. Now I just feel tired. It is amazing how the change has come in. Well tomorrow it all starts again. Fresh and new. I am just drinking my water and thinking. I know I am doing the right thing for me...but the guilt is not a nice thing to live with either. Oh well. I am sure I will " get over it" as my mother often says. I really don't want to eat a thing....I could do quite some time again without it. hahaha how ironic is that. But it was nice being able to have that sliver of apple earlier...it triggered my hunger...but I held off as long as I could. I stopped when i was full too...didnt want to go the opposite way of feeling ill because I ate too much either.

Miss y'all....you are all so far far away ...in never never land.

Jenn. No guilt allowed. You've made the decision that's right for you and that's it. It's not as though you've stopped altogether. You are just changing direction, that's all. Better you decide to do the right thing now than carry on and get it wrong. Well done you x

You have to do what makes you feel better about yourself. Nothing else matters.

I am currently trying to find a place to go on holiday before uni starts. I have no idea however where to look. Never been on holiday before (Unless you count the week in France when i was about 9 years old.. lol)

Its harder than it looks! lol

We want cheap, sunny, booze and sight seeing chances. Any ideas?

Well, it all depends on what you want. We went on a super cheapy to a place in spain called Calelle....it is north spain. I could find out the hotel for you. It was super clean. I mean it smelled like bleach...but better clean and bleachy then dirty and pukey. It was all inclusive for 1 week and we paid £109 each. It may be more now as I went out of peak but I can't imagine be that much more. Oh and that was for 1 week. The hotel is right near the beach. Loads of bars and places to look at. Barcelona is only a a short journey on the train. There are tons of shops. and you are only 10 minutes walk from the town centre.

Back