Big Boys Need Love Too!

hahaha tyn.

Well whilst knitting sounds like great fun...I think i'll give it a miss. I understand what you are saying. 4-5 months would be great but I would need to be on it for at least 10 months to get where i need to get to, And I just don't like the person it has turned me into. I am normally a funny, happy go lucky kind of person. I hardly ever argue with my OH but I find I am snapping at him, even when he is only trying to help me. He is so sweet, and I just can't put him through it. Besides it isn't like I am going back to my old ways...I am, at the very least aware of when and why I eat now, so i can be more conscience of what I am doing. Plus I will be able to exercise, which we all know is the key to losing weight. Right now I get next none at the moment...and that is not a good example for my LU. Besides my OH will be cooking the evening meals and it will help him to lose a few extra pounds too. I don't want my LU to see me like that. I even snap at him and have little patience with him, when I don't need to be like that and I hate it. They are the world to me and if it means I need to change and adjust to be back to a normal person ( as much as that is possible) in my head, than so be it.

Weightloss is weightloss no matter how it comes off....just as long as it does.

Hi Y'all. Sorry I have been out again. Missed all the drama. Sorry abz and Jenn that you are feeling so bad. What you both decide is up to you but one thing I will say is GUILT IS VERY MUCH A FEMINIST ISSUE. Kick the bugger into touch. It's your body and whatever you decide to do and however you decide to do it is your decision and you have to live with the consequences. If CD is hard but you can cope, moan at will and we will listen and make the right noises to support you. If you really feel what you are being asked to do is TOO hard, then do what you have to do and think "tomorrow is another day and I will deal with the consequences then". What you don't need is a guilt trip on top of everything else. YOU are amazing, YOU are going to succeed. It may be CD that helps or SW or some variety of other stuff but YOU WILL DO IT. Love yourselves and give yourselves a pat on the back for the journey so far. x

Tyn - Good to see you back in fine fettle x

Oh, i will need to do more than 4-5months on CD. But i am not doing it all at once. I will do 4-5 months first. See where it leaves me, take a month or so to eat healthy, get the energy to do real gym work, and then look at things again.

I don't see CD as the solution to a healthy life-style at all. Its just getting the huge hurdle of getting INTO the place where a healthy life style is an option and there is a benefit to it. I know, eating healthy now will make you lose weight blah blah, blahdiblah. But for me, once its gone, it will stay gone.

I am obviously saying all this with no experience what so ever. So things could change in just over a months time. Who knows! lol.

Just checked my uni email, and wohoo! before my mum died, i emailed 2/3 of my resit subject leaders, asking them if my very late submitted work had been marked and was part of the failure mark. And <pause for dramatic effect> It hasn't!!!

That means, my 3 resits has now been dropped down to just 1!!! <booty shakes> So all i gotta do now is an english Essay and the exam for it. And vamoosh all done. I am sooo happy i could sh1t. Just waiting for my deaf studies one to email me back to see if the work i handed in is enough to get the 40% needed. But it should be more than fine. <fingers crossed!>

Now all i am doing is living for september. September the 1st, 2008 i will be moving into my new house, number 7 good street, getting the internet sorted and then bamph, all will be good in the world. It better be the 1st anyway, if my flatmates dont move up till later, i will kill them! lol

My exam is only in the last week of August. The essay has to be in by the end of this month i belive, but i can easily enough get an extention on it if i need it, because of my mum.

Really glad i don't need to stress about it anymore lol.

You will need to take everything one day at a time and yes i would ask for an extension just to be on the safe side

Good luck

Irene xx

It's all good from here Tyn. Don't look back (except when you want to open the box of special memories that you'll keep in your head). Today really is the first day of the rest of your life, not plain sailing but it's all sounding GOOD GOOD GOOD! Make way for the new SLIM and QUALIFIED Tyn. X

Good morning all :) What on earth has happened to Mr Sun? Has he gone north? Send him back I want him for the weekend!

I hope everyone is feeling better after a night's sleep and all the cravings have disappeared!

Today is a new day (although a bit dull down here) and we can kick all our negative thoughts out and start again :)

I've already started getting the washing up together for the weekend away and have bagged up a pile of my daughters dry washing until she tells me what she wants doing with it. I guess she'll call me and let me know.

I have another busy day today. Unfortunately I think the best I can hope for tomorrow at my early weigh in is another sts but that's ok cos it has been a difficult time socially. Another meal out and drinks last night, although the meal option was not too bad I caved in with the birthday cake AND had wine - BAD Gem! :)

good morning all. i'm feeling a bit better today. am sure the gremlins will be back later though, ha. i can't believe what a frantic state i was in last night. i'm going to put it down to hormones. otherwise i truly am going mad.

the salty taste in my mouth is starting to drive me mad!! i mean, it's really helping with the water drinking (and yes, i'm going steady, ha) but it's really gross. not sure i want to live with this forever and a day...

it has come to my attention since doing this diet how many of my social occasions revolved around food. i hadn't really noticed before, but it's a real ***** now that i have!! ha.

tyn. what absolutely amazingly fabulous news!! am so chuffed for you. if i were you i'd get an extension anyway. you can always submit early, but the extension is there if you feel that you need it hon. and for your information i already knit, read and play computer games... any other suggestions? hee. am not knitting at the mo. it's a really expensive hobby to have. i knitted my OH a woolly jumper just in time for the hot weather :D ha. next thing will be a jumper or cardi for my goddaughter i think as she's small and it should go pretty quick :)

how is everyone feeling today?

abz xx

Hi abz. Yea good this morning. Good evening last night - one of those occasions that revolve around food and drink! Will probably only sts tomorrow and maybe next week as well as another weekend away to get through! I am ok with all that too and it HAS been calculated into my target date. I'm glad you're feeling so much better this morning. I hope Jenn is too. x

i hope jenn is too. but she seemed to come up with a jolly good plan of action last night so hopefully she can see her way ahead :)

this salty taste is driving me mad!! going to make myself a hot chocolate shake now i think. see if i can get rid of it!!

abz xx

Sounds horrible abz. I think you are amazing dealing with all that. You must want your goal SO badly. When you reach the end of the diet and you are Miss Superslim Beauty of The North (cos Taz and I are fighting it out in the South) you will be SO proud of your journey. x

hi all! blimey blimey blimey so i'm feeling a bit poo myself today, reading through I see the day to feel like crap was actually yesterday! what was with all the negative vibes?!?! come on girls we can't do this to ourselves!! i weighed this morning, still 14st 2lbs and i'm feeling a bit stuck there. i know it's because of the frankie and bennys but as i was driving to work i couldn't help thinking grrrrrr i'm stuck above 14 stone, i'll never get below it, what's the bloody point? NOT TRUE. I WILL GET BELOW IT. I WILL SUCCEED. AND YOU WILL ALL SUCCEED TOO!

as far as i'm concerned, and it's probably the same for you guys, being thin is something that doesn't happen to me, so it seems like an impossible goal. but we'll make it together, especially if tyn keeps posting sexy photos of men up:p

tyn i'm so glad that your uni stuff worked out, i knew it would be ok in the end. i suppose it's basically made a decision for you, must have taken a massive weight on your shoulder. good luck hun xxx

of course you'll get there elle. we all will. i have no doubt about it. me and jenn are both just struggling with HOW exactly :)

abz xx

oh, and it didn't work. the hot chocolate shake was divine... mouth still tastes rank though... how do people cope with this?? i wonder what causes it...

Well, noone can answer that for you. it depends what you want - obviously you'll have to come off CD at some point, whether it be now or later on. weight loss will be slower but you'll be able to eat. weigh up your options, decide what you want. and please read that diary that tyn linked you all to. it's amazing, very inspirational. :)

as for me, i know what i'm doing today... NOT EATING THAT DISGUSTING SALAD FOR LUNCH AGAIN. yuk i had the worst lunch of my life yesterday, but the f&b's was nice.

(hahaha my boss is on the fone, he just said "so good so far" instead of "so far so good". heheheeee)

anyway yep, today i'm going to have a nice lunch, with a nice sandwich that i really really want. and possibly a packet of quavers. yum. can't wait.... :) x

i want to continue doing cd. i don't have a problem with that. i'm just thinking that the odd low carb meal in there, that won't take me out of ketosis, or damage my weight loss massively, might be helpful. something to look forward to each week and something which will prevent me from feeling like so much of an alien at social events...

will go and have a scan at the link now :)

abz xx

oh, i've read that one. it's brilliant. and in looking for the link i saw our thread eye candy again and it made me laugh :D

Hey Girlies!

Slept like a log last night.

Abzster. Maybe, instead of having the meal a week thing. Possibly stretch it out to 1 a month? That way you can make it really special, look forward to it etc. Atleast that way, it will stop you getting used to it, and lessen the risk of slipping to easily. Might be something to think about.

Gem, the sun isn't hiding up here either. Unless he is hiding behind the rain lol.

Did i miss anything else?

Back