Big Boys Need Love Too!

hey guys. elle, you're a nutter!! ha. you're obviously very excited. good for you :) may the good mood last :)

i am feeling a bit edgy, but i think i'm just going to have to get used to it. i want to stick at 810 for as long as i can. if i go mad again, well hopefully it will be after another nigh on two stone loss and i can cope with that, ha. but moving up the plans didn't stop my totm (although they did get slightly less to only two a month rather than three) and they didn't stop me being moody with OH. silly really. i seem to be able to control what i say around others but OH really gets it in the neck. i even bought him a card last time. and it fell over (he has it on his desk by his pc) and he propped it back up last night and i said 'you do realise i'll be getting you another one of those soon don't you?' and he just laughed. he puts up with all sorts from me. i don't know how he does it!!

but i think the main factor in my bad moods is the fact that i'm fat and i want rid of it. now. i don't know where the depression is coming from. i still haven't worked out how i'm going to cope with that. last time i ate a lot, hence where i am now, well, about a stone of it anyways, ha. but i think it's weather related. at the moment a massive addiction to sudoku seems to be helping a lot. i go into my own little world and concentrate on numbers... i have a strange number thing vergin on ocd. would be great if that made me good at maths... unfortunately it wasn't to be. but prime numbers, odd numbers, multiples of primes (i don't know how that one works) tend to drive me mad. i dive at people for the remote if the tv volume is on an odd number, hee.

anyhoo. i seem to have ranted, raved and garbled for a while so i'll stop before nobody speaks to me again :S

abz xx

nope, abz, you wrote too much about maths. I'm not talking to you ever again:p haha.

well, i wouldnt call it a good mood but a good state of mind. the weight is slowly creeping off, we're heading towards christmas, i've rediscovered my love of reading, there's a weekend after every five days of work, west brom are in the top half of the premiership and i may well get one of my lee evans dvds out tonight for a good chuckle. However I have just had to take a couple of panadol to ease the pain in my throat and womb lol.

weather-wise abz, embrace autumn and winter and think of snuggly nights by the fire/whatever implement you have in your house to keep you warm, with a cup of tea/coffee and a good book. And strictly come dancing. lol.

The weight will come off eventually, you'll see. Somewhere down the line we'll both be thin and wonder where on earth the time went. After all, it only seems like yesterday when i discovered minimins :)

Chin up xxx

i know. can't believe i joined over four months ago!! i should have been four stone lighter by now!! ha.

i know. generally i'm keeping in good spirit. it isn't my conscious mind that gets me. i'm sure my subconscious just loves winding me up!!

and i love christmas too!! i made my first ever christmas cake last year and can't wait to do it again this year. but how the hell do you make christmas cake without tasting the batter to check the amount of booze you've added? i'll work it out, ha. i'll probably end up with an insanely alcoholic cake though... :D might have to make a smaller one this year so i can't spend about a month eating it!! but it's so luvverly :D hee. i'm hoping that i'm so close to goal by christmas that a little bit of self-indulgence doesn't seem like the end of the world. but we'll see. lb by lb we'll see. i feel like the weight will actually come off again now i've dropped down a plan.

on another note i have just put new fuse wire in one of my fuses so we have lights in the kitchen again :D no more OH making sandwiches by torchlight at 6.30am :D

abz xx

elle!! did you give me my 'spiffing' rep? i'm always curious as to who gives me it. but if it wasn't then thanks to whoever it was :)

abz xx

hahaha abz....yeah well I don't even want to think what I should be now...at least at my 3 stone mark...but instead I am back 9 lbs....Oh well.

Never made christmas cake, but I am not a fan of christmas cake, but do love christmas time. the warm fires...the smell of wood when your out for a winter walk. The cosy and warm feelings most people have. Plus I really get into the baking of course. And my chocolate making...if any of you want a little naughty pressie from me...send me an address I can send something too and I may send you some of my homemade chocolates...They are super yummy, and every so cute. I just love The tree being up and the house looking christmasy. Even though I am the most non religious person you will ever meet. But come dec 1st as is our tradition, the tree comes out and the stuff too. LU's advent box comes out with prizes for each day and a miniature ornament for the mini tree on top. Plus every year I let him pick 1 new ornament for the tree...so when he grows up and has is own tree he will have ornaments from his childhood on it. Plus my mom made me a gorgeous tree skirt and bits and pieces, plus all the cinnamon candles just mmmm...brings me back. I love it. But seeing as my b-day is boxing day, that is the only let down, from dec. everything moves fast....

i love cinnamon and apple candles :D

and jenn, you've reminded me that i want little chocs for my wedding favours... am going to have to wait until next year for those... i would ask you for a pricing but there will be hundreds :D hee. so i'll let you off all that graft :p

and i would be giving you my address in a shot but i can't eat the sodding things now so i'll give it a miss for the timebeing :) maybe closer to christmas though :)

i love getting a real christmas tree. it's a pain in the butt with the needles and things but i just love the smell :D

ooh. feeling all christmassy.. and this year i want to be wearing a slinky dress and feeling fabulous rather than looking like some kind of marshmallow!!

abz xx

on another note i have just put new fuse wire in one of my fuses so we have lights in the kitchen again :D no more OH making sandwiches by torchlight at 6.30am :D

abz xx

I spent weeks cooking by the light of my fridge whilst waiting for the kitchen light switch to be fixed! :)

Yeah infact twinning christmas and no lights in the kitchen together... we bought my dad a mini pool table 2 christmases ago and he loved it, and on boxing day he was having a game on the table in the kitchen and he potted the black and flung him arms out inn celebration, smacked the cue on the ceiling and all the lights went out and wouldnt come on again! we had to get an electrician in hahaha.

yep abz, spiffing is defninitely my kind of word.

jenn lovely idea lol, those cakes sound amazing. although i too am not a big fan of xmas cake :S

i tell you what chicas, i certainly couldnt imagine celebrating xmas in the southern hemisphere. winter is a big part of the season. those in the southern part of the world certainly cant dream of a white christmas... xxx

I'm lurking too. I've just had a loooong day at work and sitting in front of a DVD and can't even concentrate on that. An early night must be in order.

I need to decide on a kitchen and bathroom quickly. Kitchen is sorted but still stuck on the bathroom tiles. I've only got a small bathroom so nothing too dark or complicated. But I don't want too boring either. To be fair I'm going for a burgundy red kitchen so that's probably exciting enough. I'm sorry I'm being a home bore.

x

:) Hi there. Just a quick check in to say I'm home. I have spent the weekend in a B & B so the first morning it was fried everything. I asked for poached eggs on day 2 and this morning managed to get it down to Grapefruit and Museli. I have been with family a lot and in particular with my grandsons, one of which had a birthday. You just wouldn't believe the amount of food picking I did this weekend. By this evening I was longing for a good wholesome meal with no nonsense. Heaven knows what it will do to my scales - I reckon we might have another falling out! :eek:

I had an excellent time last evening. I went to a local venue where some guys I had met before were playing and joined in the action - electric guitar and all!

Tyn - Did you know that you don't have to stick your tongue down peoples throats to say hello? x

Abz - I've been worrying about your baby dragons all weekend - glad to see they hatched ok x

Jenn - Good to see you back again and hope you are feeling great with your pregnancy x

Taz - I hope you are feeling much better now and will be well enough to return to work soon x

Claire - I know what you mean about short weeks feeling like an age when you're busy. I hope you enjoyed your weekend and started this week refreshed.

Elle - I like Autumn. It's lovely going for walks and coming home to a warm house and drinking hot chocolate, warming your hands on the mug. This weekend though, it was far to wet soggy and muddy to walk in the Welsh hills so I spent most of the time in my daughter's (cold) rambling house with the grand-kids (aw bless em) x

Ro Lauren - Nice to meet you - I guess you're not an electrician by trade then x

Well, it's far too late and it's time for Gem's beddy byes. Night night everyone x Sleep tight

Last edited:
:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

I'm up bright and early for work again - well actually that's a lie - it's definitely early but I'm about as bright as a 10 watt light bulb and that's a slight exageration. It's probably my own fault cos I couldn't wind down last night and went to bed late (or was it early - this morning). I'm in 3 days this week and it'll probably be hard after the weekend.

Squatters have moved in and need evicting - FAST! No treats for me this week :character00238:

good morning guys. RL. i made my friend a cuppa by the light of the fridge the other night. i had to pretty much stick it in the fridge to do a colour check and she thought it was rather amusing... :D

i am such an idiot. i am supposed to be getting weight tonight by my cdc, and have been reminding myself for days. only to realise at about 10pm last night that i'm working tonight until 11pm and can't possibly go and get weighed... hmph. i am going to have to call in at some point though. i really want to get weighed and i need to buy some more cambridge stuff... she's so going to think it's an excuse but it really isn't intentional. i've just been a bit of a tit... it's silly because i was thinking about both items individually being on tuesday, it just didn't occur to me that both items were on tuesday TOGETHER. doh!!

anyhoo. i'm going to weigh in this morning but my tummy is feeling a bit dodgy so i'm going to wait and see what happens with that first, ha.

abz xx

dammit gem!! you beat me. if i hadn't written so much!! :p

you haven't slept at all. no wonder you are tired. and don't worry. those squatters will be gone in no time!! i still have four to go. hoping they'll be gone over the next week :) then i can start working on some hardcore lbs. i've only wasted a month with all this *sigh*. ah well. still got a possible 3stone to lose before crimbo. will be in the 12s at the very least. i am determined. would love to be a size 14 but we'll just have to see how far i get :)

abz xx

Morning all, I went back to karate last night and I think that was a bad move! My voice is making a good return but so is my cough so I now feel like crap again

dammit gem!! you beat me. if i hadn't written so much!! :p

you haven't slept at all. no wonder you are tired. and don't worry. those squatters will be gone in no time!! i still have four to go. hoping they'll be gone over the next week :) then i can start working on some hardcore lbs. i've only wasted a month with all this *sigh*. ah well. still got a possible 3stone to lose before crimbo. will be in the 12s at the very least. i am determined. would love to be a size 14 but we'll just have to see how far i get :)

abz xx

Abz we can do it! I was worrying about the amount of weight i want to lose before christmas and then i thought, blimey, there's ages to go! So no worries. We'll definitely need to put up some pics of us in our sexy frocks at christmas time when we're down to where we want to be by then ;) xx

Taz! You poor thing... You mustve tired yourself out and your naughty illness took advantage of it. Relax until you feel completely better hun xx

Gem! Glad to see you had a nice weekend :D Those squatters will be evicted soon, just keep the positive attitude! I'm going to dublin on the 16th december yay, i cant wait. only for 2 days but still. It'll be all christmassy and i can't wait! YAY!

Abz totally agree about real trees, i love them but the needles are a massive pain in the ass.

As for me, today i'm wearing a pair of shorts i bought for cyprus with black tights. they're a size 14 and never quite fit me in cyprus, but i tried them on last night and thought, since these will hopefully be too big soon and i havent worn them yet, im definitely wearing them tomorrow lol.

Next aim is to get into my size 14 oasis jeans that i bought on sale in cyprus. woo. it's not that they don't fit, it's just that they're a wee bit tight. a few more pounds i reckon... they're definitely SPIFFING :p

xxx

hee. well i'm wearing my 'size 17' trousers today. they are a really small 18. the other 18s i have are getting a wee bit baggy and these are still a wee bit tight so i'm wearing a dress over them. no muffin top but they are a bit tight around the ass and i don't feel comfy in them yet so another week or two and hopefully they'll fit :) my mum is coming to visit in just over a week so hopefully by then so she can see the difference in me :)

can't remember the last time i saw her in person but it's been a couple of months... jo's wedding i think... so yeah. july...

abz xx

ooh, howcome? where does she live? Yay, it's so much fun getting into smaller clothes... I would suggest a clothes burning ceremony but for the risk of fire. haha. xx

my mum lives in scotland so i don't see her much. although i have seen her about four times since february since she moved there and i think that's more than i used to see her when she lived an hour and a half down the road!! ha.

abz xx

lol Abz it always works out that way. I'm actually really jealous that you have your own place. im still with my parents, and with traditional greek values I know it'll be really tough for my mum to accept lol but as soon as i have enough money, i'm buying my own place. I just really need a bit of independance.

xxx

Back