'BIG' .......Bring on the summer :D

I got some testing strips yesterday and this morning I'm in ketosis woo! Hopefully this means the worst part is over. Sneaky midweek boots wi said 19 8- lightest I've been since 08!

Can i ask- exactly what is ketosis! the lightest since 08 that must be the best feeling ever!

I have just checked my month's weight loss, and I actually lost 10lb this konth, which ahs made me feel better. I will not focus on not losing anylast week, or reachig my goal of 3 this week, but celebratethose 2 lbs that have shifted fro my body!
I was out running with our monday group last night, and i really got stuck in- i pushed myself harder than ever, adn ehn someone else pushed me up a very steep hill (not physically, but she did actually run in front to block the wind on me- how kind is that!!)

Here's to a good adn happy April for all of us.
And why is there snow on the ground this morning!!!not much but its there!

Hi Hi!
Nee well done!! 1 stone down for you, you will easily make the 4 stone mark before September!

Had my weigh in this morning too and I'm down 4lbs :D
YAY!
Aiming for 3 next weeks to get 1/2 stone me thinks =]

Well done on the 4lbs :)

well done nee! stone down already!

ive started a diary in members only diaries if anyone wants to keep me company in it :)

Thanks Colly, yes one stone down, so happy, just need the same for April now hee hee, Hows your going hun?

x

he people, lost a lb this week which take me to half a stone this month.

Well done, the road downwards woop

Excellent result - well done you. A whole stone gone!

I had a pretty good day yesterday and just had brunch (poached egg with mushrooms on toast - yummy) so hope that will keep me going until the fajitas tonite. Trying to make a bit more effort with the food so I don't get bored and it feels more like normal food. Weigh in tomorrow so will let you know how it goes.

Have a good day and remember what Dolly Parton said:

"Its better to wear out than rust out"

xx

Thank you Judith :)

Glad you have had a good day, variation is sometimes the key xx

Hey,
I weighed in for the first time today.

I lost 1 lb this week.

In the past I would have been upset by this small loss. When you first start a diet you kind of expect to loose loads in the first week. But this time my attitude is entirely different. Instead of being grumpy about all that hard work for 1 lb, I immediately thought well that's 1 less I need to loose.

For of us who understand and agree with Judith55, and LOVE LOVE LOVE food. I have tried taking it down a notch and really try to linger and appreciate every morsel. And now I eat less, spend longer over my food and found I don't like some of my old favourites as much as I thought I did.

Thanks all, and well done to every single bit of weight loss we are all achieving!

MiniDom

Well done on the 1lb :) YAY

hi all, and well done with the loss.
this morning is my weigh in and I lost 2 lbs. Part of me is screaming - why only 2 lbs in 2 weeks, i exercise so much (and no not too much). I know i have to eat well to support the running but my choices are really healthy, most of the time.
Minidom, I'm going to get your words of wisdom today and remember thats 2lbs less that has to come off
that's 7lbs i lost this month.
I suppose if I lost 7lbs every month, by christmas I'd be 4.5 stone lighter which is nothing to be scoffed at!

2lbs gone forever, nothing to grumble about thats great news xx

I got some testing strips yesterday and this morning I'm in ketosis woo! Hopefully this means the worst part is over. Sneaky midweek boots wi said 19 8- lightest I've been since 08!

Yay to Ketosis hope it gets easier for you now and great news for being at your lowest weight for a while whooooop xx

Hey,
I weighed in for the first time today.

I lost 1 lb this week.

In the past I would have been upset by this small loss. When you first start a diet you kind of expect to loose loads in the first week. But this time my attitude is entirely different. Instead of being grumpy about all that hard work for 1 lb, I immediately thought well that's 1 less I need to loose.

MiniDom

Well done on your loss and nice attitude!

this morning is my weigh in and I lost 2 lbs. Part of me is screaming - why only 2 lbs in 2 weeks...that's 7lbs i lost this month.
I suppose if I lost 7lbs every month, by christmas I'd be 4.5 stone lighter which is nothing to be scoffed at!

Well done you and what a lovely thought - 4 stone off by Christmas would be brilliant for all of us. And the slow loss would mean we'd be less likely to put half of it back on during Christmas :(

Good news and bad news:

Bad news: Yesterday I spoke too soon! Had another chocolate binge in the afternoon and this time had no-one to blame it on. Ate half my portion of fajitas to try to compensate and ended the day on about 1400-1500cals which isn't disastrous. I suppose I should feel happy that I felt awful afterwards - bloated and a bit sick but I suspect I haven't learnt my lesson.

Good news: I lost 3lbs this week. Yippee:bliss:

I feel nervous about this weekend as I will be away with family which normally involves drinking and eating with a good dose of family tension thrown in. A perfect recipe for binging. Anyone got any good coping strategies??

Have a good day y'all xx

Thanks millux! :) 10lbs is an amazing loss, how did you do it?

xx

Just through Exante, it's much like Cambridge & Lighter Life. The first loss is always quite big since it's mostly just water & glycogen.. sadly it's not 10lbs of fat but it's still a great incentive to keep going! :p x

Just through Exante, it's much like Cambridge & Lighter Life. The first loss is always quite big since it's mostly just water & glycogen.. sadly it's not 10lbs of fat but it's still a great incentive to keep going! :p x

The way I look at it is that you're still carrying it around with you and squeezing it into clothes regardless of whether its water or fat. Part of my problem is the damage my weight is doing to my joints so getting rid of something still has to be good.

Very true judith, I'm absolutely chuffed that I got that amount to come off though, I've been on so many diets & I've lost and gained the same few lbs over & over again. So happy something is finally working for me! :)

there is a massive leak in my apartment! rang the landlord half hour ago- he is sending someone around. there goes my nice cosy evening. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Unlucky Kellie - hope it gets sorted quick.

Unlucky Kellie - hope it gets sorted quick.

I rang the landlord and he was sending someone around- 3 hours ago!!!
I don't think he realises how much water is coming in- ah well its his ceiling and I have decided not to let it get to me (i'm not even overeating- and i was told today i may be unemployed in june- look at me learnign to deal with my emotions in a healthy way!!)

But if he sends someone around at ten- i'm not letting them in! Its my bedtime! The rain can keep coming in til tomorrow
(its at the door and it doesnt affect me really!!!)

Lost 1/2 pound this week.. suppose its a relief to loose after all the alcohol I drank on saturday, I shall learn from my mistakes!

Good news and bad news:

Bad news: Yesterday I spoke too soon! Had another chocolate binge in the afternoon and this time had no-one to blame it on. Ate half my portion of fajitas to try to compensate and ended the day on about 1400-1500cals which isn't disastrous. I suppose I should feel happy that I felt awful afterwards - bloated and a bit sick but I suspect I haven't learnt my lesson.

I feel nervous about this weekend as I will be away with family which normally involves drinking and eating with a good dose of family tension thrown in. A perfect recipe for binging. Anyone got any good coping strategies??

Have a good day y'all xx

Well done on the 3lbs, thats brilliant, bet your very happy :)

Ok, good strategies.... hmmmm.... drink spirits and diet coke lower cal's and fat than beer/cider and bottled drinks..... food wise just keep going for salads or maybe pasta :)

good luck though Im sure you will cope fine xx

there is a massive leak in my apartment! rang the landlord half hour ago- he is sending someone around. there goes my nice cosy evening. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

OH NO :eek: did they come to fic it or is it still leaking hee hee xx

Lost 1/2 pound this week.. suppose its a relief to loose after all the alcohol I drank on saturday, I shall learn from my mistakes!

Well done on the 1/2lb :)

x

Can i ask- exactly what is ketosis! the lightest since 08 that must be the best feeling ever!

I have just checked my month's weight loss, and I actually lost 10lb this konth, which ahs made me feel better. I will not focus on not losing anylast week, or reachig my goal of 3 this week, but celebratethose 2 lbs that have shifted fro my body!
I was out running with our monday group last night, and i really got stuck in- i pushed myself harder than ever, adn ehn someone else pushed me up a very steep hill (not physically, but she did actually run in front to block the wind on me- how kind is that!!)

Here's to a good adn happy April for all of us.
And why is there snow on the ground this morning!!!not much but its there!

ketosis is a state your body goes into when you follow a very low carb diet which can either be total food replacement ala cambridge/lighter life/lipotrim/exante or cutting out carbs ala atkins. i'm not much of a scientest lol but basically i think the idea is your body stops relying on your carb store for energy and starts to burn off your excess fat instead, while protecting your lean muscle.

Thanks Colly, yes one stone down, so happy, just need the same for April now hee hee, Hows your going hun?

x

Yay to Ketosis hope it gets easier for you now and great news for being at your lowest weight for a while whooooop xx

thanks sweets. i'm on day 5 now and not hungry but still craving food like mad at times- tv doesnt help cause every second advert is for something tasty! weirdly i'm not craving junk food but i am craving chicken and eggs, straaange!

Well done on your loss and nice attitude!

Well done you and what a lovely thought - 4 stone off by Christmas would be brilliant for all of us. And the slow loss would mean we'd be less likely to put half of it back on during Christmas :(

Good news and bad news:

Have a good day y'all xx

woohoo 3lb is great. agree with what nee said about spirits/diet coke, also maybe try to have a big glass of water in between drinks as this not only will curb the amount you drink so less cals but it'll hydrate your body and lessen the chances of a nasty hangover!

Hey Colly

At least it isnt junk food hun, thats defo a good thing hee hee

Glad its going well :)

Evening all. Well done on your loss Hanz - still half a pound you don't need to lose again!

Fifteen hour day today which was a killer but I stuck absolutely to my food plan for the day and when the chef put an extra small baked potato on my plate AND a boiled egg cos he thought it was too small a portion, I passed it quickly onto one of the residents so I wasn't tempted - yay, what a good girl.

Thanks for the tips guys - we tend to drink lager and wine but I reckon if I take up some gin I can use slimline tonic with it. And as I'll be helping with the catering on Saturday I'll make sure there is salad. BUT Fri will probably be curry and I lurve it. So will try and "bank" some cals tomorrow as it would be unrealistic to think I wouldn't have some.

Today was dead chuffed when someone did a double take at me and said "have you lost weight?" I confess I said "no" cos I didn't want to say I was on a diet but I was really pleased - gave me a lovely warm glow.

Hope you are all having a good week and that the weight is sliding off. xx

Evening all. Well done on your loss Hanz - still half a pound you don't need to lose again!

Fifteen hour day today which was a killer but I stuck absolutely to my food plan for the day and when the chef put an extra small baked potato on my plate AND a boiled egg cos he thought it was too small a portion, I passed it quickly onto one of the residents so I wasn't tempted - yay, what a good girl.

Thanks for the tips guys - we tend to drink lager and wine but I reckon if I take up some gin I can use slimline tonic with it. And as I'll be helping with the catering on Saturday I'll make sure there is salad. BUT Fri will probably be curry and I lurve it. So will try and "bank" some cals tomorrow as it would be unrealistic to think I wouldn't have some.

Today was dead chuffed when someone did a double take at me and said "have you lost weight?" I confess I said "no" cos I didn't want to say I was on a diet but I was really pleased - gave me a lovely warm glow.

Hope you are all having a good week and that the weight is sliding off. xx

Well done you :) Passing on the jacket and Egg woooooo hooooo think you are well on your way to slimville whoop

Great that someone noticed a change so your doing something right yippeee

------------------------------------------------------------

Morning all

1st April is here, so what did everyone lose for March?

And what do you want to lose in April?

xx

I have lost 14lbs in March and want to lose at least 8lbs in April

having a bit of a rough time at the mo-

details are in my diary but basically i'm not going to be carrying on with cambridge.

although this isnt the reason i stopped, last night i had to ask my other half to take a big jar i was trying to put away off me cause my arms couldn't take the weight. so i think this is the best choice all round really.

my oh texted me yesterday saying he was absolutely miserable and couldn't carry on. something sort of clicked in me saying "this is ridiculous". at the end of the day he's my soul mate and i can't stand the thought of him being unhappy over something so stupid as a number on a scale. thats not to say we wont try to lose weight together. there's a slimming world group about 2 miles away tonight so i think we should just jump in with both feet and try that instead.

i got a big upset regarding dieting this morning too, i don't want to make that so public so am away to rant about it in my diary. :(

hope everyone is well xx

oh colly, i really hope things get better for you soon. at least on slimming world you wont be miserable & the weight will still come off. wish you the best of luck x

thank you. im a bit down this morning over it all, it's just so hard to see light at the end of the tunnel, feel like i fail at everything i do. xx

Colley, I know its hard but try not to focus on feeling like a failure. Tell yourself that you succeeded in trying CD and it was a valuable experience because you learned that it wasn't for you. Well done you for having the guts to try another approach rather than just giving up. This shows you are determined to tackle your weight loss. There is no shame in a trial and error approach - its how all great discoveries are made. How many times do you think Fleming mixed up a potion and watched nothing happen before he discovered the value of penicillin? Or Bill Gates fiddled with computers until he realized he could shrink it all into a box that fits onto a desk? Or David Beckham (corrr...) practised shooting at goal?

Add yourself to that list of greats and try, try, try again. xx

Back