'BIG' .......Bring on the summer :D

Nee-Well done on managing to keep healthy. When that mood hits me, i'm off into teh fridge for a week. Why do we get those moods?

Well WI was as bad as expected- 3 lbs on.... WOW. but i'm not going to stress it. I know what i did wrong. One week with weight on is ok. So long as it si only one week. I am studying this week for an exam on Friday, I have a wedding on Saturday, so I aim to just keep eating well adn exercising, and have 1lb off next week, and then next week I am going to blitz it and really push myslef in the running.
Still, what a shame:cry:

I would love to know why we get the moods too, so should anyone know make sure you tell me :)

Dont worry about the gain, it will come off in the next couple of weeks, just keep at it and dont give in

x

Im definately going to start swimming.. but not untill I can actually feel decent in a costume, havent owned one for at least 5 years now because I hate the thought of what I'd look like in them.. which is silly because I used to love swimming so much.

If I ever go swimming I wear a tankini - makes me feel abit better or I wear a costume with umbro shorts and again makes me feel better, probably look proper odd but nevermind :)

Thanks :D Heh, it weird usually I rarely suffer fromit but today I was some emotional rollercoaster. Just got back in, Lost 2 and half this week thou so very happy :D

Well done on the 2 1/2lbs thats great, see your doing fab :)

Hey everyone, just wanted to say how helpful everyone's messages are, it's really great to hear how people are going. Am having a good week so far after a fairly bad wknd! But on track now, and in a weird way looking forward to my first weigh in on Friday. Hope everyone's have a good week x

Hi every-one!
My names stef and i need to lose about 7 stone! I dont really have a certain time i need to loose it by, but obviously as soon as possible! I went on lipotrim last year and lost 2 stone in 8 weeks! but unfortunatly i put it all back on in a year :-(
I dont want to waste my money on programmes like lipotrim again as i feel it would be impossible to keep the weight off, i need to loose it slowly!
I am startin back the gym today and going to get myself weighed on there scales, i know i'm between 16 n 17 stone though and im only 5 foot!
Anyways i was just wondering obs apart from exercise, what your all eating to get the weight off? Youve all done so well and i need to start to! I havent a clue on what healthy meals to eat and stuff so any advice would be great!
Sorry for ranting on haha

Stef x x

HI Stef. I'm using Slimfast and calorie counting as you can't do SF without watching your other cals. I find the shakes make for less thinking and planning but leaves me some flexibility over alcohol, cakes, choccy rather than do without all of my treats. Very convenient too as I use the ready-made shakes and often carry a spare in the car/my bag in case I do anything spontaneous which changes my eating plans. Good luck with whatever you choose. x

Hi Stef!
I've been on Slimming World for 3 weeks now and lost 9 lbs so far. I am finding it SO easy and love it! I'm a vegetarian, so I do "green" days which means I can fill up on as much pasta, rice, couscous, noodles, potatoes as I want to! Also lots of quorn products.
I work 8-5 in an office Monday to Friday, so at my desk I snack on fruit and raw veg and the odd bag of quavers :D
My boyfriend & I love to cook, so I go through recipes at work to make that evening... normally substituting chicken for quorn chicken, etc and having lots of veg! I love making risottos, definatley my fav food!
Good luck with whatever plan you decide to go on =]

Hi Stef,
I am doing it alone too with exercise.
I eat 3 sensible meals a day- usually porridge and OJ for breakfast (which I love), lunch and dinner is usually things like eggs adn brown bread toasted,soup, prawn stirfry, pork chops, veg and potatoes, that kind of thing. 2 pieces of fruit and a yoghurt then as snacks.

I also take alli twice a day. Not sure if it helps...

Im like Karma following Slimming world and do the extra easy plan which I find really easy to follow. Generally I can eat all lean meat, pasta, veg, fruit & Eggs for free and then I get certain bread and milk/cheese allowance then anything else has a sin value. I just eat really healthy lots of meat/veg dishes and stirfrys and cut down all of the sugary/fatty foods (I get the odd treat thou). I refer this plan just because it givesmeguidelines to follow and I like the pressure of weighing in at group and the motivation.
Good luck stef for the first week, we have the same end target..those illusive 100 pounds! Its hard to start, but once you get into it then you can really feel the difference. Had the best day today throwing out clothesthat dont fit anymore..I will not putonand goback to them :)

Hows everyones weeks so far? Ive really gotten into watching the Biggst Loser US for some reason this week,and its totally getting me motivated seeing how amazing they do - after an episode I just want to work out!

Hi everyone. I'm a bit fed up today. I went out yesterday with my sister and friend and my sister insisted on taking photos all the time. Now before digital camaras people were a bit more thrifty with shots as they didn't want to waste film but more importantly you wouldn't see the shots until a couple of weeks later. Last night I was shown the first photos as soon as they were taken - aren't digital camaras wonderful.... not. Tbh it spoilt my night seeing how fat I looked even before we'd left the house to go out for a meal. I was soooooo depressed. I must have said about ten times "oh no, lets not do photos" but I was ignored. I kept thinking about it throughout the night and telling myself "and this is after you've lost nearly a stone". I still ordered what I had intended to have at the restaurant including a pud because I had been calorie saving so as to relax but there was also some comfort eating in it. How ridiculous am I? Eating to console myself for being fat! I just wish I hadn't seen quite what I looked like beforehand. I'm going to try to turn it into motivation for me rather than just sulk but its tough.

Other than that I am loving the weather and got a bit of tan over the last couple of days. Hope everyone else is fine. xx

Hi everyone. I'm a bit fed up today. I went out yesterday with my sister and friend and my sister insisted on taking photos all the time. Now before digital camaras people were a bit more thrifty with shots as they didn't want to waste film but more importantly you wouldn't see the shots until a couple of weeks later. Last night I was shown the first photos as soon as they were taken - aren't digital camaras wonderful.... not. Tbh it spoilt my night seeing how fat I looked even before we'd left the house to go out for a meal. I was soooooo depressed. I must have said about ten times "oh no, lets not do photos" but I was ignored. I kept thinking about it throughout the night and telling myself "and this is after you've lost nearly a stone". I still ordered what I had intended to have at the restaurant including a pud because I had been calorie saving so as to relax but there was also some comfort eating in it. How ridiculous am I? Eating to console myself for being fat! I just wish I hadn't seen quite what I looked like beforehand. I'm going to try to turn it into motivation for me rather than just sulk but its tough.

Other than that I am loving the weather and got a bit of tan over the last couple of days. Hope everyone else is fine. xx

I totally agree with you! I love taking photos when were having fun..but know Im never going to look great. Even worse when they take them and then show them on the night..I always try and avoid looking at them but If I see them they always upset me and end up runing it a bit.

judith

firstly well done on eating only what you'd planned and letting logic rather than feelings determine what you ate.

Secondly, well done on actually going. I know of a size 8 girl who did not go out last week because she was bloated. Happens to thin ppl too.

Thirdly, stop beating yourself up. You've decided for all those reasons you list on your signature why you want to lose weight, adn instead of sitting back moaning, you are doing something about it; and chosing to live life while doing it- how ballsy are you.

Now to photographs. When your 95 what will you think of them? I've said it before, when i see photographs of when i was 20 or 25 i wonder why i stressed so much. Yes i was fat, but I was never as fat as I thought I was. I'm applying that logic now every time I see a photograph of myself. Also,a photograph only catches a still life picture of you. It does not carry your charisma, your character not your charm, which we all know here you have bucketloads of.

You are completely right to turn this inot motivation but do not kick yourself for it. You are a fabulous person.

Well done on the tan- i've red hair, I just burn:(

Morning all :)

Hope everyone is good?

I have been feeling a little de-motivated but still not gone mad and have managed to lose 2lbs this week, so happy after a sts last week, still behind target for April but just happy I lost some this week WHOOP :D

Hope everyone else gets good WI's

xx

Morning!
I'm down another 2 lbs this week too :D
Was hoping for a few more so I can get my 1 stone, but I shall aim for that for next week! Still happy though =]

Morning!
Was hoping for a few more so I can get my 1 stone, but I shall aim for that for next week! Still happy though =]

Im the same always hoping for more especially when so close to getting a stone off, but 2lbs is great so well done x

Morning all.... 6.6 lbs loss for me this week but that does include the 2 lbs I gained last week... very VERY happy with that tho!! :D

I have been feeling a little de-motivated but still not gone mad and have managed to lose 2lbs this week, so happy after a sts last week, still behind target for April but just happy I lost some this week WHOOP :D

Well done, Nee. To have lost weight when you're feeling demotivated is a real achievement. And better to set a high target and fall a bit short than set your sights too low and miss the chance to do brilliantly..

Morning!

2lbs!! Well done - this steady loss is always going to be better in the long run than the big losses.

Morning all.... 6.6 lbs loss for me this week but that does include the 2 lbs I gained last week... very VERY happy with that tho!! :D

Brilliant ditzee - 4lbs is amazing. I am so jealous.

WI just over
And I have lost 6 beautiful LBs. I am sooo happy. Like u Ditzee I'd gained last week (3lbs!) so that an extra 3 make me a very happy lady this morning. I've finally dropped below 13 (2 weeks later than planned:sigh:). How do I make sure I never see 13 again on my scales?

And you too Kellie - a great result. I think if we can all recover from putting on weight by staying on track and losing it again plus a couple more pounds than we'll have real long term success.

I stayed the same this week. I've been 100%, so it's just one of those weird body catching up things I think. Hopefully I will lose more next week!

Trust the maths. If you were on plan 100% your body is just being a bit slow in processing it.

As you may have seen from some of my posts I've had a bit of a tough week emotionally. I feel pathetic because my life is probably the most stable its ever been. Since I gave up work a year ago I don't have all the pressure and stress of managing a large organisation but I still go through periods of irrational emotional turmoil which don't always seem to have a rational basis. But with the help of this forum I am trying to stay on track and just keep going.

My scales seem to have gone doolally and as a serial weigher I can't live without them so I'm off to the shops today to replace them. I'm a bit nervous as I'm not sure now how accurate they were and some of my clothes are still tighter than I would have thought they should be. So if I find I haven't lost what I thought I shall come on here and have a good moan :cry:. (Thinking of changing my name to moaning minnie) So my WI this week will be a day late.

Hope you all have a lovely day and manage to get out into the sunshine. xx

Thank you Judith!
I'm sure you will be fine with your new scales :D
Sunshine you say? Here in Aberdeen it's gale force winds and torrential rain :(

Back